Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Iccarus and others about Isla Verde

Since your original Isla Verde thread is now MIA, this was the only way for me to give you a report. I would like others to feel free to add to this thread, if you have found something. We can let it go if EA gets the forums fixed and the original Isla Verde thread appears.

I went to the Nectary and have not encountered any problems with it so far. My sim got too tired to make it to the make nectar stage but was able to harvest, taste etc.. I will make a second trip to make nectar but would be surpirsed if I run into a problem.

There is a problem with the Hangout on the unfinished side of the island. I could not get a sim to go there from anywhere by clicking on it. The route fail bubble would appear and the action would end up dropping from the cue. I could get a sim to route to the big park across the street. From there I literally had to walk the sim step by step to access the hangout. Even standing right next to it on the sidewalk would result in route fail. I see nothing in the way and the only thing I could think of that might have happened is that you forgot to rebuild routing data in that area. Is that possible? If not, I don't know what to suggest.

When I go back into the game I'm going to try picking the lot up and setting it back down to see if that helps. It just dawned on me that I didn't try that. I'll let you know how it goes.

Comments

• Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited October 2010
    There is something wrong on the unfinished side of the island and I am still inclined to think it might have something to do with not rebuilding routing.

I sent my sim to the diner for drinks and then to the laundromat. Everything a-ok there but when I tried to have him jog past the unfinished houses towards the hangout lot, he got the route fail bubble and then the action would drop from the queue. When I gave up and clicked go home, he easily ran across the street to catch a cab, even though I sure couldn't get him to jog to the same spot with a command while he was in the laundromat.

I'm still not having any freezes at all, though. I checked population via Twallan's Master Controller and I'm up to 22 households, 52 residents.

Oh, almost forgot to add that I have now even made nectar at the nectary lot. In my game it appears to be working perfectly.