Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My New Victorian.Tyler House .by Kim

kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
Here is my new brick Victorian. Something I started a while ago and decided to finish up.The name Tyler means "maker of brick or tile as my Victorian is brick it just seemed right.
dwnld
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3243138

screenshot_original.jpg"width=640"
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• Options
    LeebeejeebeeLeebeejeebee Posts: 116 Member
    edited October 2010
    Very nice Kimjo! Those green tones are lovely, and that brick texture for the exterior is very nice. Rec'd!
  • Options
    socalkdlsocalkdl Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited October 2010
    Kim, Tyler house is very lovely. The green really ties it all together nicely. The shape of the house is interesting as well as the room layout. Great job layering wall hangings over that one bed. I like the tone of wood you choose as well. I also liked how you angled furniture in various rooms, bookshelf, bed, crib etc. Makes it appear alive and less static.
    Well deserved rec.
    Kirk
    4646540594_f16c4e42a2.jpg
  • Options
    jauntyjaunty Posts: 3,336 Member
    edited October 2010
    Kimjo313 rec'd lovely house like the wood and green colours very traditional.
    m0oUDbi.jpg
  • Options
    gelfishleogelfishleo Posts: 228 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I love the green and gold theme you went with, and the nectar shed is adorable.
  • Options
    spartan1spartan1 Posts: 606 Member
    edited October 2010
    Kim - this is a very pretty build. I really like the layout, the colours and patterns, and the unique objects you've created using MOO. I like how you've layered objects and softened rooms using curtains, and the angled furniture adds realism. The kitchen is great - I love the checks on the wall and the little country items! The landscaping is also great, I really love a country style garden with lots of flowers. For some reason I thought of Anne of Green Gables when I saw this build. I can't believe how prolific you are and they have all been great!

I've rec'd it and poked around in your studio :D Thanks for sharing this!
  • Options
    pistons27275pistons27275 Posts: 942 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Hi Kim, wonderful job with the Tyler House. I really like the authentic Victorian structure/design including the incorporated balcony/porch, driveway, smooth roof lines, and the rear end porch. Great usage of windows, doors, gray bricks, and green rooflines. The organic landscaping definitley compliments the overall design including the different combinations of flowers, bushes, and trees. Excellent job with the layout, living area, formal dining room, kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms, nusery, and wine cellar. In addition, phenomenial job with the color scheme including the rich hard wood floors, carpet, fabric compistion, and tile floors which I think compliements the overall traditional setting. My favorite areas would include the authentic Victorian design, landscaping, living area, formal dining room, bedrooms, kitchen, wine cellar, and the incoporated balcony/porch. Rec, dl, and fav from me. :D
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited October 2010
    You are really getting the whole victorian vibe down so beautifully...this is adorable and I love the proportions and the whole look..great job! :D
  • Options
    hmsdrco2001hmsdrco2001 Posts: 818 Member
    edited October 2010
    Adding your beautiful new home to my game (and of course recommended it, too). You have a wonderful style that comes through with every build of yours. The landscaping is really nice, and i love the soft natural edges along the paths and driveway. The house structure itself is beautiful, and I love the chimney and windows. The interiors are so classy--I feel like they're always your elegant signature on the homes you build. The green and gold are very nice and rich and tie the whole house together so well. The patterns and textures are beautiful, too. Even the nectary really has an authentic feel. You are one of my favorite builders, and I think you're also a friendly, good, supportive, and caring person. Just want you to know how much I appreciate you and your creations. :) -Bill
  • Options
    brunettesimgirlbrunettesimgirl Posts: 6,370 Member
    edited October 2010
    I love your house! It has a really homey feel to it.
    eOI9EQ4.gif
  • Options
    originalsimoriginalsim Posts: 1,696 Member
    edited October 2010
    It's really beautiful. I loved the coffee and end tables put together to look like a planter. I may have to borrow that idea. The greens are lovley giving a placid and serene feel, just like an old victorian should have. Cozy and inviting.

Off to rec.
  • Options
    KrisqueKrisque Posts: 532 Member
    edited October 2010
    I love the colors you used, my favorite room is that bathroom! It really jumped out at me! I really love the landscaping as well. Your use of MOO is also amazing! Another beautiful lot Kim! Rec'd & dl'd of course!
  • Options
    KrisqueKrisque Posts: 532 Member
    edited October 2010
    I love the colors you used, my favorite room is that bathroom! It really jumped out at me! I really love the landscaping as well. Your use of MOO is also amazing! Another beautiful lot Kim! Rec'd & dl'd of course!
  • Options
    estyle36estyle36 Posts: 1,338 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Hey Kim ! It's Estyle :D !

I see you got a real talent in victorian building .... wow ! Those green colors remind me my beloved country Ireland. You know, everything in this house perfect. The outdoors looks really inviting and georgous and the indoor .... wow... the indoor ! I mean, i can't believe how you can just make such pretty and warmy indoors, really.

Absolutly five stars and rec' :D !

Your friend Estyle
  • Options
    Kate296Kate296 Posts: 211 Member
    edited October 2010
    Krisque wrote:

I agree. I really like the shower curtain you have created in the bathroom. The coffee tables in front of the window look really nice, too.

You have definitely inspired me to experiment with MOO in my next build!
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited October 2010
    Hi Kimjo, :D

This is such a beautiful Victorian! Your Victorians are getting better and better! I really love this one! What a pretty architecture! I am loving that brick! Good roof work! That garage and the outside dining area looks cute! Inside, I love the patterns you have chosen! Also that rich green for the living and dining room is really striking! Love the kitchen, dining, living, bathroom and the double bedroom! Great job Kimjo! Left a well deserved recommendation for your build! :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    LeeBee
    Thank you. I think socal convinced me there were not enough brick Victorians!

Hey Kirk,
    I still expect yours as mine did not follow the pattern! Thank you so much!

Hey jaunty
    Welcome to the creative forum! Thank you much for the rec!

gelfishleo
    Thank you. The nectar shed was a last minute idea. Glad you liked!

spartan,
    Thank you so much for all the wonderful observations! I love doing interiors! I like to think I am creating homes not simmie lots!

piston
    Coming from the creator I believe is one of the best!!!!your compliments mean alot. I do try hard on the interiors as they are the favorite part of the build for me! Thank you so much.

ruthless
    I love when the Queen of Victorians says nice things about mine! Makes me feel good! Thank you so much!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    edited October 2010
    Bill :oops: :oops:

I an blown away! You are so sweet! I am so touched hearing what you think of me! I try to be a nice person but to hear it makes me so happy!! You are a wonderful person yourself and I find much pleasure in reading your posts. You are also a wonderful sharing person and I look forward to seeing you here!!!
    kim
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited October 2010
    Hi Kim
    Just back from a short holiday , it was lovely to come back and see another beautiful Victorian build from you. Love the green colour scheme carried throughout, the white garden , the beds on an angle and many great ideas using Moo. Left a rec. :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Brunettesimgirl
    Thank you. I try to creaate homes instead of just lots!

originalsim
    Borrow away. I love moo. Since we have limited items we have to find creative ways to achieve goals! Thank you for the rec!

Krisque
    I love that leaf pattern and have used it numerous times in all differnt colors. Thank you for all!

Estyle

So glad you are spending more time here! Thank you much for all. So you are living in Canada but are from Ireland? I can imagine you would be pining for the lush green of the rolling hills!

Kate
    Moo will become you best friend in no time!!!!! Thank you much!
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    edited October 2010
    hi yanti
    I would hope to be improving as Victorians seem to be the only thing I want to build!?! Your a sweetie and I thank you much!
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    AllureAllure Posts: 773 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Another gorgeous vic from you KJ! The house has a beautiful shape and you decorated the interiors with class and elegance.. lovely shades of green throughout. Loving the kitchen, looks so cozy and lived in. Such a charming build all around. Left you a well deserved rec. :D
  • Options
    KimSim1965KimSim1965 Posts: 712 Member
    edited October 2010
    Hi kimjo,
    This is really beautiful. You can never have too much green (in my opinion). You've used the color so tastefully and each room flows into the next without becoming too much....because of your use of accent hues. The landscaping is great, too. Everything about this lot is good. A rec and DL from me. :-)
    Kim
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Hi follyfoot
    Thanks for stopping in on my build. Hope your little getaway was fun/relaxing. We all neeed those! Thanks much for the nice review!

Allure
    Thanks so much. I love doing the interiors. I like to decorate as if it were my own. I love to visit lots that I have created even if it does not belong to my playable sim. Its like visiting a friend.

Hi Kim
    Thank you much. I take it green is a fav? I seem to run themes with colors in my homes so I need to remember to break it up alittle with accent colors.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    pistons27275pistons27275 Posts: 942 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Congrats Kim on The Haunted House being feature.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Thank you Scott. That was a surprise. I uploaded that eons ago. I did just enter it in the B&S Challenge so I guess that is where it was noticed?
    Abraham Lincoln