Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Finished Edge to your carpet tiny tutorial

This is where I want carpet, but no edges or finish, need to make it better.

30a3qs7.jpg

Add your outer flooring
23tfbpi.jpg

Add stone tiles with two edge border, I put one in the middle so you can see
4kvfxk.jpg

now add stone tiles with one edge
bi0zs4.jpg

Cas to suit, I used black on the broders and hereke for the rest,
152f3ih.jpg

Looks good!
314rtvl.jpg

Comments

• Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited October 2010
    What a great idea!

Thank you for sharing. :D
  • Options
    zanysazyzanysazy Posts: 2,210 New Member
    edited October 2010
    oooh nice! really good idea :D
  • Options
    SmokyTopazSmokyTopaz Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited October 2010
    Thank you auntielynds, it was one of those oh so simple thoughts when I wanted a carpet and didn't have one just right for something, useful trick! I love cas'ing!
  • Options
    cutecandyandiecutecandyandie Posts: 1,080 Member
    edited October 2010
    hmm neat, im going try and use that when i build my next house
  • Options
    strelitzia19strelitzia19 Posts: 7,604 Member
    edited October 2010
    Awesome idea, Smoky, I shall definitely use it when I next build a house :)
    lgpf7vn
  • Options
    addict1220addict1220 Posts: 3,778 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Great idea and easy to follow. Nice work. :D

Addict
  • Options
    TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited October 2010
    wow Smoky thanks, I had no clue this was in the patch (coloring the edges) and sure could have used this on our team build we just finished :roll: But now I will keep this in mind for the next time...thanks again :wink:

hugs
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    socalkdlsocalkdl Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited October 2010
    Wow Smoky, very clever! A new tool for my "bag of tricks" :)
    Thanks!
    Kirk
    4646540594_f16c4e42a2.jpg
  • Options
    SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited October 2010
    Very Nice!!! I might be able to use this in my current wip. Thanks so much. :D
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    TnT it wasn't in the patch we have always had those stone tiles.... I just thought I could cas those and thats what happened, honest it is the simplest and easiest of thing.

Useful pot of things you might use socal? I have used it a lot, and I thought when Fidlers challenge came back what can I offer as a little pressy for him opening, and so I made a little tut out of this this...

I am now trying to work out how to turn it into a story. sigh..... this is not easy.
  • Options
    hmsdrco2001hmsdrco2001 Posts: 818 Member
    edited October 2010
    This is a great tip! Wish I could click "Recommend"! :) Hope all is well with you. -Bill
  • Options
    TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited October 2010
    SmokyTopaz wrote:
    TnT it wasn't in the patch we have always had those stone tiles.... I just thought I could cas those and thats what happened, honest it is the simplest and easiest of thing.

Useful pot of things you might use socal? I have used it a lot, and I thought when Fidlers challenge came back what can I offer as a little pressy for him opening, and so I made a little tut out of this this...

I am now trying to work out how to turn it into a story. sigh..... this is not easy.

no I meant the ability to color the outer edge of floor tiles being in the patch lol :wink: but this is a fantastc little tut\trick I will make big use of, so thanks :wink:
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited October 2010
    Great tutotial Smoky! I already saw this on Fid's thread and found it very useful! Thanks for sharing! :mrgreen: :thumbup:
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited October 2010
    wow never thought of that, briliant :D
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    Iamdenty28Iamdenty28 Posts: 227 New Member
    edited October 2010
    It took me a minute... got it, and thank you :!:

Denty
  • Options
    Sherry1968Sherry1968 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Smoky, I saw your post over on Fid's new thread, so I had to come and leave a comment. This is so simple, but so darn clever!!! Leave it to you to come up with a fabulous new trick to use in our builds. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. Only thing I can tell you about making it into a story is just break it up into the tiniest, simplest steps you can without it becoming too stretched out. Don't know if that makes any sense! Good luck with the story. :wink:
  • Options
    aussiedonnaaussiedonna Posts: 155
    edited October 2010
    Thanks for sharing this with us Smokey :thumbup: . I needed this effect when I created my Aussie Fed house, I will remember this for the next time I need it.
  • Options
    YahtzamiYahtzami Posts: 6,301 Member
    edited October 2010
    See...I still forget sometimes that CAS is CRAZY versitile! I would have never thought of that! I am so glad you did and decided to share!! I still for some reason think that if I am placing stone tile, I have to stay IN the rock and stone category when recoloring! LOL Maybe I will write "Experiment With Diff CAStyle Categories!" on a sticky note and put it on my monitor! LOL
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Hey guys! Thank you for all the nice comments. Its just casing honest... and like Yahtzami wrote , it wasn't till I realised that stone tiles didn't have to stay stone... but could become something else that this was possible. Tiny sideways step outside the box is all!
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited October 2010
    SmokyTopaz, thanks so much for this! It was the necessary idea that helped me to create my own tatami mats/flooring. I'm most grateful.