Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Old Town Family Gym...By kim

kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
Here is my new gym. It includes a childrens/toddlers play room so the little dears have something to do.Also a toddlers bathroom.The basement is empty so if there are some new items from Late Night I have a space all ready!
lINK
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3226387
screenshot_original.jpg"width=640"
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited October 2010
    I just love small, compact builds. This is a great little gym, and it's making me think I might need that kids set you've used. :D

Downloaded, and Req'd
  • Options
    spartan1spartan1 Posts: 606 Member
    edited October 2010
    Hi KimJo - This is great - I really like the kids space in this build - and the shot of the old dude swaying to the music box is just gold! I always seem to forget the kiddies - one of these days I'll do a kids room in a build. Okay, with all the cute little props, Kim you've convinced me it will be the next one :)

I really like the clean lines in this build - it reminds me of an old warehouse that's been converted to a modern use. Rec'd!
  • Options
    tdewdtdewd Posts: 927 Member
    edited October 2010
    Kimjo!

This is the last half hour I have left of internet before goodness knows how long, so what good timing you have. ;)
    I love the idea of an old time gym (I wasn't aware they had such advanced and modern equipment in those days!) as you couldn't properly complete an old time Sims neighbourhood without one (sidenote: this browser is really irritating me. "proper;y" is apparently spelt correctly, yet "neighbourhood" isn't? Agh!) (And "Agh" is 'wrong' too!)

*deep breaths*

Anyway, I reckon this'll be the perfect place for hmsdrco2001 to work off his dose of victorian steroids. Nice work with the kids' area, too... that's a great idea. Is it the new set? It looks pretty good... I think EA should employ you in the advertising department. Your interior design is always very impressive.

Have a well earned rec! (Agh, 'rec' *is* a word, darn it!)...
  • Options
    Elilie101Elilie101 Posts: 1,367 New Member
    edited October 2010
    It's saying "propr;y" is spelt correctly because it reads it as the word "proper" and the letter "y". :)

Just making sure, before I d/l, are those store cribs and furniture I see in the kids' place? I have a grand total of 50 simpoints, you see.
  • Options
    tdewdtdewd Posts: 927 Member
    edited October 2010
    Elilie101 wrote:
    It's saying "propr;y" is spelt correctly because it reads it as the word "proper" and the letter "y". :)

:roll:

Modern technology, eh?
  • Options
    JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited October 2010
    oh i can so picture this in Twinbrook...

rec'd
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited October 2010
    Hi Kim
    Love the architecture on this build ,very stately. :D It keeps the period feel but with a modern use. Great job left a rec. :thumbup:
  • Options
    hmsdrco2001hmsdrco2001 Posts: 818 Member
    edited October 2010
    Hey! I see you've been busy. This is a great new gym! I just downloaded and recommended. It has a very classy look for a gym with the brick exteriors, accents along the corners, columns at the entryway, and fencing along the roof. The kids room is colorful and looks like a fun place--you'd probably have to tear your kids away when you're done with your workout. I love the pic of the kid ingesting the doll! The windows along the back are perfect--I know I'd like to at least have a nice view when I'm trudging through 30 minutes on the treadmill! And the mirrors and tiling are very practical. The juice bar on the top level is also great and looks like the perfect place to relax after a workout. Great job! Hope you've had a nice weekend. -Bill
  • Options
    SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited October 2010
    What a great gym Kim! I like how it's compact and I love the loft area. I'm going to dl it since you can never have enough gyms. Dl and rec.!
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited October 2010
    Great build! I am a big fan of smaller, more compact lots and I love how you packed alot of features in the space. The exposed brick looks gritty and tough...what you would expect for a gym...lol. The kids area is very clever and a nice touch. Excellent work :D
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    auntielynds
    I have noticed you have been visiting the creative forum of late! Thats great. Use to seeing you on the CAW forum.Thank you for the rec and the set is adorable! You should!

spartan
    I really hate that the builds have nothing for the toddlers to do. I have been creating my own community lots so the little darlings have something more to do than sit on the ground and cry.The old dud is Conner Frio and he just walked in and started with the music box. Then sat down and started reading. It looked like he was reading to my tods!I did want a old brick type build as I plan to use this in Late Nights city. Thank you much

tdewd,
    :(:cry::cry::cry:
    I hope you are back soon! I will miss you horribly! And Bill can use the gym anytime to work off the Vic's! Thank you for the rec and hurry back! :(
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    edited October 2010
    Elilie
    Yes they are part of the Animal Abounds line.

Jeniusa
    Yes it would fit. I have not used Twinbrooks much anymore. It is so dark the way they have placed it that my old eyes seem to have a problem "seeing" things. Thank you much!

Hi follyfoot
    Thank you much!

Hi Bill,
    Thank you. I had builders bleh, I get that when we get close to a new ep.Waiting for the new items and such I have this why build now, new stuff coming attitude. So I decided to try a city build (brick of course) to fit with the Late Night city. I am always disappointed with the lack of toddler things on community lots so....tada! I too love the tod with the doll in her mouth. The first time I saw a tod playing with the doll house I was fasinated. It is just like a real child would play! Amazing what they did with the animation for that! Thank you much for all!!!!
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    edited October 2010
    SimEve
    Hi! Thank you much!. I am not fond of most of the game community builds so once in a while I build my own so I have everything I want in them.

Ruthless
    Thank you much. I too like smaller builds. I hate having to chase my simmies all over a large lot to see what they are up to. I am hoping this one will fit well with the new city in late night!
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    kquinn1990kquinn1990 Posts: 1,975 Member
    edited October 2010
    This looks cool Kim. I like the industrial feel to it. Very city feel like. The kids room is a good idea too. Like the gym. Rec from me.
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited October 2010
    Hi there Kimjo,

The gym looks lovely! I am loving the shape of the building! Love the brick exterior too! That children's play area is SUPER CUTE! LOVE it! :P Also, that balcony with the eating area looks so cosy! Well done Kimjo! Left a recommendation for your lot! :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Thanks so much yanti!
    I have to tell you, I was builder blocked as I usually am when a new ep is near. Why build with what we have when new stuff is so close. But I saw Alliums warehouse (not that I could come close to her talent) and something clicked. Cities have warehouses and I always hate the game community builds so........ Here is the one I plan to use in the new Late Night City!
    Thank you again yanti!
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    paogaepaogae Posts: 1,241 Member
    edited October 2010
    :D Hi Kim!
    I love your gym! I'm so lazy, but I would gladly visit it! And the play area for children is better than play area of Ikea! :lol::lol::lol: ahahahah!
    Rec'd! :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Hi Paola!
    Thank you Paola.I am not much for excersizing either!
    hugs :D
    kim
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    ladyCryptntladyCryptnt Posts: 156 Member
    edited October 2010
    Kim I love your gym! very cute play area for the kids :) off to rec :D
  • Options
    Mythago68Mythago68 Posts: 690
    edited October 2010
    Great idea, I would love to go to a gym like that. So much more atmospheric, and old towns need to have gyms too :) recommended.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    ladyCryptnt
    Thank you, I have to add toddlers things to community builds. It is a pet peeve that they were left out of the game community cuilds.

Mythago

Yes, My Old Town definetly needed a gym. Thank you much!
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    socalkdlsocalkdl Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited October 2010
    The gym by Kim,
    would make any Sim
    ...grin,
    So a rec and fav,
    is a win, win.
    Poem by Kirk Longfellow.

Awsome little gym. Think I'll DL and replace gym in SV. I need to start Victorianizing (tdewd is that a real word?) my commercial areas. The kiddie play area is too cute! Nice job Kim!
    4646540594_f16c4e42a2.jpg
    Edit: I spel purtie bad sumtimez, and had too macke sume corecctionz. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Oh my dear.... :shock:...Don't quit your day job!!!!

That was cute. I love it! :lol:

Thank you for the eh...poem and the red/dnld. Hope you enjoy!
    How is it going with your sweet little chatterbox?
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    socalkdlsocalkdl Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited October 2010
    kimjo313 wrote:
    Oh my dear.... :shock:...Don't quit your day job!!!!

That was cute. I love it! :lol:

Thank you for the eh...poem and the red/dnld. Hope you enjoy!
    How is it going with your sweet little chatterbox?

Just took her home to see her new baby brothers. She was so cute holdiing them. She thought she was being quite grownup. We get a break for a bit now...the house is quiet :)
    Kirk
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Oh I hope tdewd gets his internet soon. I miss the kid! :cry:
    Abraham Lincoln