May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Story Mode Question

I know I am late asking this... I've had my game for over a year, but just upgraded my comp to be able to play it!

I have started a legacy family, and I am about to move my spares out...
My question is, do they move to a house nearby, where you can visit them? Also, does the game keep you updated about things like their marriage, kids, job promotions once your family sims move out? Or do you just not know about them. Sorry, this may be something that is common knowledge at this point, but I am still new to Story Mode!

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    countthestarscountthestars Posts: 556
    edited October 2010
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think that they just get moved to another house in the neighborhood.

As for the updates, there are two ways that I know of to keep track of moved-out sims. You can look under your sims' relationship tab and view the sims who have moved out. If you hold the cursor over them, the traits, marital status, and job title should show up. You can also view your sims' family tree, and by clicking around on different sims you can find out who they married/their kids.

Hope this helps! And if I'm wrong on anything, someone please jump in and correct me!