Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PASSION :: Cycle 4 :: Generational Modeling :: Results & Assignment #2

PASSION--Cycle4.png

Congradulations! You all did an amazing job on the first assignment. Now then, should we move on to the results?

Results

Kami :: Addison LeTroy

Model's Appearance :: 6/10
Model's Pose :: 8/10
Background :: 5/5
Era Efficiency :: 12/15
Creativity :: 4/5
Overall :: 3/5
Total :: 38/50

I really love the background, however Addison doesn’t quite blend into the scene quite so well, she needed to be darker or the background lighter to tie them both together.

MSMcNeely :: Noelle Frost

Model's Appearance :: 9/10
Model's Pose :: 10/10
Era Efficiency :: 14/15
Creativity :: 5/5
Overall :: 5/5
Total :: 48/50

Simple, but effective. What can I really say, you’ve done a great job and thought outside the box by going for a cavewoman in the ice age. Great as usual.

Maezinha :: Carla Radox

Model's Appearance :: 10/10
Model's Pose :: 7/10
Era Efficiency :: 13/15
Creativity :: 2/5
Overall :: 4/5
Total :: 41/50

When I was typing up the assignment I was thinking about what I thought my model would look like. You’ve practically met what I had imagined – cat print fur, the bone as a weapon, untamed hair. You’ve also done a wonderful job at recreating a background. However I’m a little concerned that this was lacking a little in creativity.

George :: Amanda Rose

Era Efficiency :: 15/15

I love the use of the T-Rex, creatively brilliant. I do feel however, that there’s something that’s not quite right, I think that it’s because the background is made up of mainly cool colours and Amanda is mainly warm, the two clash in a way.

Afk :: Lily Bakan

Background :: 3/5
Creativity :: 2/5
Total :: 37/50

You have done a really smooth editing job, however there’s a lack in your creativity. The stone wall backing could have been used so many different ways. Such as Lily putting on a finger puppet show for the kids using the fire to cast the shadows and the light to create an effect to draw the viewer into the scene.

alverna :: Elizabeth Jackson

Model's Appearance :: 7/10
Creativity :: 3/5
Total :: 38/50

Elizabeth’s head is a little distracting, which impacts on the image. If you can try to make your model look the best she can and make sure that the viewer is drawn to her then your picture can improve greatly. Sometimes all you need to do is fiddle around with the picture and you can stumble across something that looks amazing. You’ve done a great job.

Now than, I guess you're wondering who's eliminated... scroll down -- I think you'll be surprised!

No one!
That's right. We have such a short list of models and really I think all of you deserve to make it through to the finals -- which is exactly what's going to happen. This is no reason to slack off though since the winner will be the person who scores the highest total across each assignment.

There is a reward for getting the highest total of the week though. And this week we have 2 high scorers -- MSMcNeely & George! So guys pick your prize from the list below.

1. 2 Bonus Points
2. Ability to hand in your picture, get feedback and then fix it up as desired and reposted.*
3. Ability to hand in 2 pictures and marked on the highest scoring one.*

* Must be handed in before the deadline

Ancient Ages
Whether it's ancient Rome, Greece, Egypt or some other completely different sort of ancient it doesn't matter. Just make sure you don't get them mixed up!

In this assignment you'll have to show your model in an ancient time period -- which is up to you.

Judging Criteria
Model's Appearance :: -/10
Model's Pose :: -/10
Background :: -/5
Era Efficiency :: -/15
Creativity :: -/5
Overall :: -/5
Total :: -/50

Models
1. Kami :: Addison LeTroy
2. MSMcNeely :: Noelle Frost
3. Maezinha :: Carla Radox
4. George :: Amanda Rose :: Dropped Out
5. Afk :: Lily Bakan :: Dropped Out
6. alverna :: Elizabeth Jackson

Judges
1. Kitty (moi!)
2. DustyDreamer??

Website That Could Help

Ancient History

Deadline :: 8th October
Extension Deadline :: 10th October

Weekly Scores
1. MSMcNeely :: Noelle Frost :: 96
2. George :: Amanda Rose :: 90
3. Maezinha :: Carla Rodox :: 87
4. alverna :: Elizabeth Jackson :: 85
5. Kami :: Addison LeTroy :: 84
6. Afk :: Lily Bakan :: 81

Running Scores
1. MSMcNeely :: Noelle Frost :: 96
2. George :: Amanda Rose :: 90
3. Maezinha :: Carla Rodox :: 87
4. alverna :: Elizabeth Jackson :: 85
5. Kami :: Addison LeTroy :: 84
6. Afk :: Lily Bakan :: 81

Comments

• Options
    alvernaalverna Posts: 4,244
    edited October 2010
    Yayyayyay! Seen the assigment :D
  • Options
    MSMcNeelySimsMSMcNeelySims Posts: 1,283 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Oh Yay! I shall pick 2 extra points for the prize. Congrats everone, we get to stay in :mrgreen:
  • Options
    kamcil19kamcil19 Posts: 10,574 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I deserve that mark, I need to put more effort in the picture, i guess i had a block but i have a couple of ideas :D
  • Options
    DustyDreamerDustyDreamer Posts: 1,569 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Im am so sorry Kitty! I havent been on in 2 days cause I havent had the time too. I have never done that before as I make it a priority to come on once and check the threads here on my bookmarked list. T.T

Everyone did a fantastic job and I apologize again for not being about to send my scores in. I will be more vigilant this round and further. ^^

EDIT: I had made most of my scores out before and was only missing George's, so I thought I would go ahead and share them:

Kami :: Addison LeTroy
    Background :: 4/5
    Era Efficiency :: 13/15
    Total :: 46/50
    I thought this was a pretty image to look at. The background was more picturesque than prehistoric though. Not to mention that the words at the corner of the image really throws off the authenticity of the image of a photoshoot and not a cut and paste. I wasn’t a fan of her hair as well..it seemed too neat for a cave person. XD Addison looks fierce though! I loved her attire and her pose of attack. ^^ The editing was a little fuzzy around the edges, but I didn’t notice it too much. Great to have you on board and looking forward to your future entries! ^^

MSMcNeely :: Noelle Frost
    Creativity :: 4/5
    Wow! I loved this entry! I really like that you went with something different. Noelle looks bold and tough and like a leader here. I liked her dominant stance, which in prehistoric times dictated the leader. I loved her face most of all though, beautiful. The background looked prehistoric with mountains and rough terrain, and cold. XD Her outfit fit the scene as well as her thick unruly hair. I could go on and on, very wonderful work! The one thing I could complain about was the blue marking on her face. I liked what you were thinking, but I think black would of looked better than blue. I look forward to seeing more of your entries! ^^

Maezinha :: Carla Radox
    Total :: 46/50
    I really liked this entry! It was simple, but got the job done. ^^ Carla’s outfit hit the prehistoric era attire on the nose. I liked the unruly hairstyle as well and the background meshed with all the big rocks and the rivers. I wished to see a little more creativity though. And even though that walking pose fits with the idea, I am not a fan of it. Well done and looking forward to more of your entries! ^^

George :: Amanda Rose
    Era Efficiency :: 11/15
    Total :: 42/50
    This was a totally awesome image! I really loved the background choice and your models while look. I thought she looked a little awkward however on the dino. I also thought that the dino was a little too prehistoric as humans and dino’s didn’t actually roam the earth together, so it was bit historically incorrect. I didn’t take off too much though as you were very creative with the whole idea and I liked that. ^^ Wonderful work and I look forward to seeing more from you!

Afk :: Lily Bakan
    Model's Appearance :: 8/10
    Model's Pose :: 9/10
    Total :: 44/50
    I really liked the dingy look of Lily, reminded me very much of prehistoric times, when people were not always sparkling clean. I would have liked to see some more creativity though. The background was alright because it had cave paintings on it, otherwise I wouldn’t have liked it much. I also thought that Lily was a little too red, too much contrast on her as well as there was still some white outlines around her. Great attire though and a nice portrayal of the prehistoric era. I am looking forward to your future entries. ^^

alverna :: Elizabeth Jackson
    Background :: 4/5
    Era Efficiency :: 14/15
    Total :: 47/50
    Lovely! I really liked this image! I didn’t think that Elizabeths head was too big, and in prehistoric times the skull was much larger. XD So shes kinda anatomically correct.
    I really like the pose and the cautious look of her face. The background was also beautiful, the only thing I didn’t like about it would be the path trails on the floor. Prehistoric era didn’t have pathways like that and it kinda threw me off and made your image seem more like a hunter in a nowadays movie. Becareful with little things like that, because they don’t mesh with the idea. A very nice entry though and I look forward to seeing more from you! ^^
  • Options
    GeorgefPlayGeorgefPlay Posts: 4,459 Member
    edited October 2010
    Seen it! I think I'll choose the bonus points too. :D
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    @Dusty: :oops: I didn't even think about that! :lol: I got really mad 'cause all of the better backrounds became black when I was going to make it smaller and change it into a .jpg, I didn't even notice! :shock:
  • Options
    KittyKat6369KittyKat6369 Posts: 3,741 Member
    edited October 2010
    Alright MSMcNeely and George, thank you for getting back to me so quick.

Dusty! I'm so happy to see you. I knew it wasn't like you to disappear so I was hoping that everything was alright on your end. Glad you were just busy! Thank you for posting your scores.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I've added the lists of Weekly Scores and Running Scores to the first post. ;)
  • Options
    MaezinhaMaezinha Posts: 724
    edited October 2010
    seen it....
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Thought I would turn this in early. This is Noelle representing a Celtic Woman. :)

ccxxcz.jpg
  • Options
    afkthenadafkthenad Posts: 2,708 Member
    edited October 2010
    Seen it! And i'm content with more scores I was expecting them :)

And MSM I love it a lot!!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    MSM i see you have been using harry's hair tutorial :wink: I still need to get started on mine, I already have an idea so I think I am going to stick with it :D
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    kamcil19 wrote:
    MSM i see you have been using harry's hair tutorial :wink: I still need to get started on mine, I already have an idea so I think I am going to stick with it :D

Yah, I finally figured it out :D
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Addison LeTroy
    Athens.jpg

People say that Addison reminded them of Aphordite the ancient greek goddess of love, and beauty. Which came out to be true :)

(I seriously think my picture sucks soo bad! I am on a creativity blank which sucks!!!!)
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Wow! Awesome pics Kami and MSMcNeely.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Love your entries Kami and MSMcNeely! :D

BTW I love this assignment but I really don't know what to do! lol
    I have like 4-5 awesome ideas and it's difficult to decide! :P
  • Options
    DustyDreamerDustyDreamer Posts: 1,569 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Kitty: No problem ^^ And Im sorry to have worried you. T.T
    I love the weekly and running scores as well!

Alverna: Lolz, tis okay. Its great that there was no elimination, its a free round that lets you know how the judges judge. ^^

I love the entries so far! Cant wait to see what other eras and entries you guys come up with! ^^
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Alverna: Lolz, tis okay. Its great that there was no elimination, its a free round that lets you know how the judges judge. ^^

:P :mrgreen::lol: 8) :D
  • Options
    MaezinhaMaezinha Posts: 724
    edited October 2010
    I decide to go for ancient Egypt, because I have a few clothes on my game for Ancinet Egypt, so here is Carla as:

Cleopatra

Screenshot-934-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Kitty, can we change our model's hair colour? Cause my idea wouldn't look good with Amanda having blond hair :P
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Wow, cool picture Maezinha! Carla looks great.

You can change Amanda's hair colour George. I don't put restrictions against hair colour/eye colour since hair dye and contacts are used in real world modeling.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    OK- could I please have an extension over the weekend? I have lots of homework everyday and my first essay is due the same day as this :( Although I know what to do :)
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    You can change Amanda's hair colour George. I don't put restrictions against hair colour/eye colour since hair dye and contacts are used in real world modeling.
    Ok, thanks! :D
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Of course I'll grant the extension. Good luck with your essay!

• Options
    edited October 2010
    Of course I'll grant the extension. Good luck with your essay!

Thank you! And I'm done with my essay now...Hope it's good enough! :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on