Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aren't we supposed to be able to clean up after our Sim?

Seems to me I remember many EA people talking about being able to use the "hand" icon to pick up trash and throw it away for our sims. You know, make it easier to clean up after them. Did I just dream that part?? Cause I can't find a way to make that work. I can't throw away the newspapers or any other trash. I have to click on the sim and make them do it - just like in Sims2. Am I doing something wrong? Because this was brought up by Ben Bell and others as a great leap forward in simming - or so I recall....
Screenshot-5.jpg

Comments

• Options
    karrizmakarrizma Posts: 252 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i discovered i can sell the newpapers, new and old, for 0 simoleans...no profit but at least i don't have to waste time making my sim pick them up.

don't know about trash though, haven't tried
  • Options
    earthbounder64earthbounder64 Posts: 147 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I know you can use the hand to drag and drop trash that's in your Sims inventory to a trashcan.
    Dunno about the paper. I never really thought about trying that.
  • Options
    karrizmakarrizma Posts: 252 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I know you can use the hand to drag and drop trash that's in your Sims inventory to a trashcan.
    Dunno about the paper. I never really thought about trying that.

wow, learned something new...kinda funny, posted answers to each part simultaneously
  • Options
    Rockangel48Rockangel48 Posts: 459 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I just drag everything to the trash and it's really helpful! :]
    You can also drag toys into the toy boxes and books into the bookshelves.
  • Options
    MiraiMirai Posts: 333 Member
    edited June 2009
    I regularly click and drag newspapers (as well as some other trash) to trash cans. I also click and drag books to bookcases to keep them from littering up the house.
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks for the quick replies! So maybe I just can drag the newspapers to my sims inventory and then to the trashcan? I'll keep experimenting. I've only just learned today how to put groceries in the fridge and I've been playing since last Friday!
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    ArachneusArachneus Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Theres a ton of things you can drag including cars, guitars, fire pits etc. Many small items and things that go into your inventory
  • Options
    mzpink98mzpink98 Posts: 555 Member
    edited June 2009
    jaletu2005 wrote:
    Thanks for the quick replies! So maybe I just can drag the newspapers to my sims inventory and then to the trashcan? I'll keep experimenting. I've only just learned today how to put groceries in the fridge and I've been playing since last Friday!

It doesn't have to be in your inventory to drag it to the trash. Just click it when it shows a gear pic and drag. :)
  • Options
    MiraiMirai Posts: 333 Member
    edited June 2009
    jaletu2005 wrote:
    So maybe I just can drag the newspapers to my sims inventory and then to the trashcan?

You don't need to do that. Just click on the newspaper, keep the button pressed, move the paper to the trash can, and release the button. I do it regularly.

I like how we can go to build mode and move the trash can near the paper delivery spot.