Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Purchase Barnacale Bay and Buccaneer's Bounty

How do you get Barnacale Bay to show up as a world and or vacation area in your game?
I have down loaded BB into my game and all is claiming it is there. When I go into my game it is not showing up on my page to click on to play. I thought I needed a patch but according to my game I am up to date. I also have fastlane stuff back. Nothing as far as BB showing up. I also purchased Buccaneer's Bounty and only some items are showing up. Again like with BB it is all shown on my down load page.

How did you all get your BB to show up. I am at a loss and wonder now if I wasted my sims points.

Thank for readying this post and look forwarding to any and all answers to my problem.

WL

Comments

• Options
    SmalpSmalp Posts: 2,905 New Member
    edited September 2010
    BB is normally a new world it should be where riverview is if it isnt showing there check if other store items are in your game by clicking on the ingame shop mode and click on the map icon on the right upper corner
  • Options
    winterlocwinterloc Posts: 348 Member
    edited September 2010
    Smalp thank you so very much for your reply will try that and will post back to let everyone know how it worked out be back shortly.

Edit Thank you again Smalp. I check it and it states this BB is installed to main menu but it is not showing up there at all.

Buc Bounty states 11 items and are installed into buy mode. Will be going back and checking to see how many items I should have. I did not see anything for hair or cloths so maybe that is what I am also missing.

I just do not understand this as I have down loaded items before from the store. I also have riverview that came from the store and all free items. Every thing always down loaded with out a hiccup. Ha ha now it is my turn for hiccups Hiccup.

Thank you again. Still need to see how to get it all to show up in the game.
  • Options
    SabrosaSabrosa Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited September 2010
    can you let me know how you like Buccaneer's Bounty items. I was thinking bout maybe getting the extra items, but wasn't sure.

Happy Simming
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    winterloc wrote:
    Smalp thank you so very much for your reply will try that and will post back to let everyone know how it worked out be back shortly.

Edit Thank you again Smalp. I check it and it states this BB is installed to main menu but it is not showing up there at all.

Buc Bounty states 11 items and are installed into buy mode. Will be going back and checking to see how many items I should have. I did not see anything for hair or cloths so maybe that is what I am also missing.

I just do not understand this as I have down loaded items before from the store. I also have riverview that came from the store and all free items. Every thing always down loaded with out a hiccup. Ha ha now it is my turn for hiccups Hiccup.

Thank you again. Still need to see how to get it all to show up in the game.
    have you looked up your ingame history if its installed?
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    smalp I did find all of my Buc Bounty items. I was not looking in all the right places. Found the ones that I thought were missing, statues mostly found them in the outside items. I also found the items for bb but still no sign of the town. I find this interesting as the items are there but not the lot. Maybe I need to update the EA Download manager. Do not know what that would have to do with it at this point.

Sabrosa Buc Bounty is ok. If you would like to have your sim look like a pirate then that is the way to go. I like the statues Krackin and Poseidon. I also like the cloths as well. It is ok it is kinda cute.

Thanks again I will check the history. Be back shortly.
  • Options
    JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited September 2010
    i have both....i like them both....
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Thanks again Smalp. I think I found out what the problem is for some reason I only got to down load 96.5 kb instead of the full 1kb. So maybe when I first bought bb it did not down load fully. I did do as you suggested and went into my history. It was there as is Buc Bounty. I am now down loading it again and it is really taking a long time. Hopefully it will all come all as it should. If and when this is done I will come back here and report if it is showing up in the main menu. Thanks again. Will be back soon.
    WL
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    winterloc wrote:
    Thanks again Smalp. I think I found out what the problem is for some reason I only got to down load 96.5 kb instead of the full 1kb. So maybe when I first bought bb it did not down load fully. I did do as you suggested and went into my history. It was there as is Buc Bounty. I am now down loading it again and it is really taking a long time. Hopefully it will all come all as it should. If and when this is done I will come back here and report if it is showing up in the main menu. Thanks again. Will be back soon.
    WL
    I hope everything works out well ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Well I just re did the down load and then when the completion box popped up said it was already installed. Mind you I did delete the other download. It only installed 94.47Mb. Then I went into the main page and not there. Oh well maybe it will magically appear on its own. I have been fooling with this thing since 5am this morning and it is now almost 1pm. Got to go thanks anyway. If I could give you benes I would. Have a great day and happy simming. If you would like add me to your page as a friend and I will add you to mine.
    Thanks,
    WL
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    For Barnacale Bay you should be going to this link http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/266577.page its a known issue :) hope this link helps a bit with it so you can enjoy your store download ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Hi Smalp,
    I wanted to update you on my Barnacale bay situation. Remember when I said maybe it would magically appear? Well I noticed this button Start a new game!! I clicked it and there it was in full view and ready to go on to my main menu page. I now have it up and running. I should have remembered that when I downloaded Riverview that I had to hit that button to have it show up. I was thinking like an ep or sp that it should just show up on the main page. I must remember about this button for the next time.

Thank you so much for your help. Because you are the only one that tried to help me out. I had another post going in the tech section. Lots looked but never saw any answer other then what I had been posting back to my self. I will be gifting you something from your sim page. I excepted your add me as a friend and you are now on my page. Only thing for some reason you are three pages back. I thought it worked like this latest date to past dates. Oh well you are there.

Thanks again so very much and happy simming :D
    WL
  • Options
    BD5141BD5141 Posts: 3,044 Member
    edited September 2010
    When I installed Barnacle Bay it took me around 4 tries before it showed up also are you clicking on install once it shows up on your launcher? Once installed it will then show up under neighborhoods.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Hi BD5141,

That was the thing it was not showing up on the main menu with the other neighborhoods. I found it in the New Game area. The button to the right that says New Game. Yes I did install it from the download page where it shows you what you have downloaded and what you have and can be installed. The new game area does list all of the towns that I have. I have all that came with new eps.

I also added riverview as it was a free download and that was where I first found it to add to the main menue page. After downloading it and installing it. SunsetValley and twinbrooks came with the eps I believe.

With all that said I now believe that if you download from the store that one would have to go to The new game button to get that new town. Where as all the furniture and cloths just go in as normal. When you get a new ep then the town should just go automatically in as did with sunsetvalley and twinbrook.

I think that is where my confusion came in I was just expecting to see it show up. Once I click that button I found the list of towns there and so was BB. I hope I do not forget to click that button the next time they come up with a new town.

I was removing BB and then re downloading and installing it like crazy. I am surprised It did not error out on me. I went through all that and it was really there all along. Every where I looked in the game said it was installed. But it was not showing up on the main menu.

I am just glad that it is there now. I am building now in one of the lots so that I have a place for my pirate to live.

Thanks for posting and happy simming
    WL
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    winterloc wrote:
    Hi BD5141,

That was the thing it was not showing up on the main menu with the other neighborhoods. I found it in the New Game area. The button to the right that says New Game. Yes I did install it from the download page where it shows you what you have downloaded and what you have and can be installed. The new game area does list all of the towns that I have. I have all that came with new eps.

I also added riverview as it was a free download and that was where I first found it to add to the main menue page. After downloading it and installing it. SunsetValley and twinbrooks came with the eps I believe.

With all that said I now believe that if you download from the store that one would have to go to The new game button to get that new town. Where as all the furniture and cloths just go in as normal. When you get a new ep then the town should just go automatically in as did with sunsetvalley and twinbrook.

I think that is where my confusion came in I was just expecting to see it show up. Once I click that button I found the list of towns there and so was BB. I hope I do not forget to click that button the next time they come up with a new town.

I was removing BB and then re downloading and installing it like crazy. I am surprised It did not error out on me. I went through all that and it was really there all along. Every where I looked in the game said it was installed. But it was not showing up on the main menu.

I am just glad that it is there now. I am building now in one of the lots so that I have a place for my pirate to live.

Thanks for posting and happy simming
    WL
    Just do me one favour :D

ENJOY Barnacale Bay
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I am, I really, really, am enjoying Barnacale Bay :D:D:D:D