Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Smokytopaz Builds - Gretel Cottage

This a 'storybook' style victorian, an old old house, so old in fact it has a resident. Baba Mae. She comes in handy to practice chess with tho!

Ok.....

http://gb.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3142453#

Front
n4uuts.jpg

Living room
vg0uuq.jpg

Dining room
14jtb81.jpg

kitchen
5zfn1s.jpg

Boys room
kc14c6.jpg

oh ground
1627c4g.jpg

oh first
2ue3cao.jpg

She comes with the house and is a handy chess partner
34j7xno.jpg

If you don't want her, you will have to take her tombstone to the graveyard. If you can find it!

slide show:- http://www.slide.com/r/dV3uPOhB5T8dE8cs-EmnALp4LtWCzQ1A?

previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

http://gb.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3142453#

If you can read the forums, let me know what you think!!!

Comments

• Options
    SmokyTopazSmokyTopaz Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited September 2010
    oops forgot to say, No cc, custard checked. There are some cc patterns but the up and download fine!
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    The only place people can comment it seems is not here.... so thanks guys for taking the trouble to go to TSS and give me an opinion.

This time is the only time this weeks I have able to get here.... sigh
  • Options
    kimwriter75kimwriter75 Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited September 2010
    Smoky, this is fabulous. Lovely architecture and beautiful colors with the exterior and landscaping. Inside I love the bedrooms as there is so much character within. The fire made me laugh, I think because you labeled it 'fire'. lol. I haven't seen the collage of photos in the boys room before...I need to check the store for that!! The rugs are awesome, as usual! Rec'd already.
    Imagination > Knowledge
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Thanks Kim.... I think the collage is called Painting mission....

The fire reminded me to put an alarm in! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    More replies thanks guys.... but only on TSS! :mrgreen: Not that I am promoting TSS by any means, its just thats where I am getting comments cause of the white screen of death.
  • Options
    TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited September 2010
    8) very charming cottage looks very cozy throughout, well albeit the ghost lol
    Sometimes even ghosts can be charming I guess :wink: rec'd

hugs Terry
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited September 2010
    Hey Smoky, well look at that, I too can post, for once!

I love this cottage, it is so cute. Congrats on an interesting build :)
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    TnT... hiya!!! So nice to see you posting, where you been, hows it going! Thank you so much for the rec!!
  • Options
    judywork1957judywork1957 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited September 2010
    :mrgreen:Smoky I gots it dl'd and rec'd!! Love Baba Mae!!!
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited September 2010
    This cottage looks fantastic Smoky! It is truly a story book cottage! Love the architecture and the black and white exterior wall! Great roof work! Love the pretty cottagy garden! All the rooms inside looks warm and inviting! Great job Smoky! Already recommended your cottage! :thumbup:
  • Options
    socalkdlsocalkdl Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited September 2010
    Smoky,
    Very cute architecture. The house looks smaller than it actually is...very spacious inside. I rarely have room for a double-wide stairway. I like the use of red throughout, contrasts well with the tan walls. The entry archway flanked by windows reminds me of the Annex style houses I've seen. I lol'd over the fireplace fire...dang fireplaces!
    Yea the white screens have been bugging everyone. I got it licked now. In XP delete cookies and temporary internet files. In Vista and Win7 just "Delete Browsing History", then uncheck Preserve Favorites Website Data." When you refresh the forum page it will ask you to log in again, viola! Seems to work everytime for me now.
    Hope that helps. Rec'd :)
    4646540594_f16c4e42a2.jpg
  • Options
    susanna827susanna827 Posts: 3,010 Member
    edited September 2010
    Wonderful cottage Smoky :thumbup:
    I go to download and recommend it :D
    Bye
  • Options
    hmsdrco2001hmsdrco2001 Posts: 818 Member
    edited September 2010
    Hey Smoky Topaz! I love your lots (House of Sunflowers, Pembroke House, etc) and have actually admired them for awhile now. Just added Gretel Cottage to my game a few minutes ago, and I look forward to seeing it up close (and the ghost!). I like the disclaimer, "This house is haunted...well it's very old!" That made me laugh out loud. I discovered that purple ghosts died from starvation. Such a grim backstory, but the house looks beautiful. The landscaping is lush, the color scheme and textures are rich, and the decor is very inviting. Glad I was able to connect with you on here and at TSS. Take care. -Bill
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Faith (? you use two names?) Judyw, yanti..... you are all so nice and I am so glad you are around! Thanks for the recs, encouragemnt and fun!
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    socalkdl, for prettiness I would use a single wide stairwell, but for playability, which is what we build for, I always use a double wide staircase, it plays out better. Less simmie stamps!

I tried your method before but sorry it doesn't always work and why in the world is this the only forum that makes you do odd things to your computer to read what is there, after all it is basically a selling site and if I use something you ain't got and you like what I have in my current little showroom - you might trot off to the store and buy just that set....... nope I want to log in, come here and browse the brochure......... hello ea - need a good pr person?

Thank you for the nice comments tho! Ta muchly for the rec!
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    and now I get a double post?? Sorry guys!
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Susanna, thank you so much, gracias!
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Hi Bill, how nice of you!! Yup the fastest way to kill a sim is starvation and I so wanted a stroppy ghost in this house! It just seemed right. Well of course its old! At least a week!
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I didn't really post that 3 times! Sorry!

• Options
    edited September 2010
    OOOps double post!

• Options
    pistons27275pistons27275 Posts: 942 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Hi Smoky, you did a phenomenal job with the Gretel Cottage home. I really like the authenitic old fashion cottage design, smooth slanted roof lines, and the incorporated front arch entrance. Great usage of windows, doors, white bricks, and black roof tiles. The landscape looks very organic especially the different types of flowers, trees, and bushes in which it flows naturally with the entire home. You also did amazing job with the interiors including the living room, dining room, kitchen, and the bedrooms. Great color choices including the patterns, carpet, tiles, wallpaper, and the furnture in which I think it definitely completes the overall Victorian enviroment. My favorite areas of the home would include the dining room, living room, kitchen, bedrooms, detailed interiors, overall design, and the front arch entrance. Rec, dl and fav from me. :D
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited September 2010
    Smoky! LOVE the rooflines and the stone colours, and the landscaping looks great, not too much to overload the cottage. And the interiors are gorgeous, love what you've done with the rugs :) REC'd :thumbup:

Edit - forgot to mention the chimneys, love them!
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited September 2010
    The exteriors are so charming with the roofing, windows and landscaping. The interiors are very cozy and I like the "built in chess partner" She looks like an interesting character. Recommended!
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    edited September 2010
    What a beautiful cottage!!! You did a great job with the roof design!. Interiorsare perfect as always. Going to rec!
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited September 2010
    Hi Smoky
    Gretel Cottage is adorable. :D Love the architecture the black and white accents it perfectly. The decor looks so realistic love your choice of dark wood and strong colours against the neutral wall colour. Left a rec. :D:D