Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Ruins

Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
With all them fantastic uploaded castle about at the moment, I wanted to make something a little more run down so THE RUINS was born.

All that remains of the castle in the central tower the rest of the castle was worn away by time, you can see the rubble around the lot that once was a castle wall.

At the back of the ruins you can find a catacombs, so this lot can used has a graveyard and of course you can catch death fish in the water around the ruins.

Screenshot-9.png
Screenshot-8.png
Screenshot-7.png
Screenshot-10.png

Feedback is always welcome and the viewing link can be found here:-

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=173805

Many thanks for taking the time to view :D

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2009
    :roll:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    LunaWolfGirlLunaWolfGirl Posts: 36 New Member
    edited June 2009
    This is cool. =D
    Makes me think of the rusy ruins from the Uglies series.
  • Options
    Mch36504Mch36504 Posts: 490 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hey Stew!! Long time no see! This is an awesome lot, you have a recommend from me!!! :mrgreen:
    I have one question... Can you please tell me how to change the lot picture? I am in desperate need to get a better image of some of my lots I want to upload.
    Some people down at the SIMposium also want to know how you did it :)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    LunaWolfGirl, Many thanks, not 100% sure what the uglies series is, I think it's a book. Anyway cheers for the feedback :D

Mch36504 Cheers for the recommend :mrgreen:, with the lots and the Household pics, so far they are the only pics I've been able to edit, plus with the household pics it seems random, if it works or not. So no edited object pic etc.
    Anyway so far I've been pretty low key with the uploads I was hopeing I would get some some sort of messsage from EA to give me a green light to share a tuturial, with the sims 2 I had EA's IT department sign my guest book and that was my green light to share a tuturial on how to edit the uploaded pic, but this time I've had no feedback, either they do not care, or they have not noticed. I'm more than happy to pop over to the SIMposium to share a small tuturial but it will be a case of use at your own risk, I think it currently breaks the EULA, you need to use a third party tool to modify EA's copyrighted pictures.
    With the recent changes in the EULA I think it's illgal to change pics, but I made decision to do it anyway, If I can't showcase my lots that way, then I will not showcase them on the exchange.
    If I can remember on how to log into the SIMposium :lol: you will get a tuturial later, but it's upto the indivdual if they use this method, it could result in your work being banned. :?

• Options
    Jasonmazda2Jasonmazda2 Posts: 3,532 Member
    edited June 2009
    How do you change the cover shots of your lots, would be really helpgul, by the way well done, reply asap to this thread.
    hgjghj.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Thhanks Stew! I knew it had to do with some sort of a package editor, because I was able to the package files labled "library" but I could not open them... Thank you for telling me this :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Sorry for the delay in replying Jasonmazda2, been out and about tonight anyway you can find a tutorial over on the SIMposium :wink: I don't really need to say anymore about this, the tutorial will tell you everything you need to now, if you have any problems reading, you will need to join the forum.
    http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=156083&mforum=sterlingsims2fo#156083

Mch36504 The key was just working out which editor would work, with all them fantastic modders about, it was only matter of time before somebody made something that would work.

• Options
    edited June 2009
    Thats stw, I will look at the tutorial shortly and hopefully I won't be banned for it, you haven't yet so there is a good chance the guru's won't care, I love showcasing my lots this way, it is one of my favourite things about the exchange.
    hgjghj.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Stw, I created an account on the simposium but it says I need to wait for another message in my inbox, can you tell me anywhere elese the tutorial is or a program to get, or how long should the second message take, it's been about 45 minutes
    hgjghj.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    it takes about a day before Skye accepts your request to join
  • Options
    heavenleestarheavenleestar Posts: 54 Member
    edited June 2009
    wow that is really incredible and one of the most original things I have seen since the game came out
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Many thanks heavenleestar for your nice words, it's hard to make anything thats original, most lot idea's where made back in the days of the sims 2, I'm currently thinking of an original new lot, got builders block :oops: . Oh well I'm sure I will think of something.

Cheers
    :wink:
  • Options
    linarwinglinarwing Posts: 113 Member
    edited June 2009
    Hey, Stew!!! This is a wonderful lot. I see you haven't lost your touch!!! ;-) I'm off to get the things needed to replace the default lot pictures. Thanks! ;-)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Thanks linda, I hope you get the default lot pic working, also I've just relised what is the future of the Neighborly sims with no neighborhood terrain maker? DO you have any plans to make any alternative neighborhood for the sims 3?

I do hope so :)
  • Options
    moondrgnmoondrgn Posts: 116 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Very innovative. Not much in terms of constructive criticism. Except perhaps if you could somehow break the wall monotony. Maybe by adding additional, but lower placed walls in front?

Keep up the awesome work!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Your probable correct about breaking the walls in the front, I did'nt spend ages building the lot, perhaps I might go back to making a more realistic ruins in the future.

Many thanks :mrgreen: