Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Smokytopaz Builds - Hatch Cottage.

We were messing about with different roof lines on TSS and I came up with this, so here it is for your delectation, Hatch Cottage.

I did originally call it suburban utopia, and I guess thats what it is - a family home with enough bedrooms and a nursery!

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3110157#

Front
214z40h.jpg

Living room
24yo9lc.jpg

family bathroom
28utd76.jpg

baby play area
x5xo9x.jpg

nursery
6yib8h.jpg

twin bedroom
2nbudnd.jpg

Slide show
http://www.slide.com/r/O7yDfESB4z8qbGBdu2ZFL7Cc3qWCXqs5?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

Now I set Smoky off to test the house, and where did she go??

smoky in the greenhouse
eumqs2.jpg

Please let me know what you think!

Comments

• Options
    spartan1spartan1 Posts: 606 Member
    edited September 2010
    Oh yes, delectation is the right word! :D

I especially like the bedrooms and the pattern you used on the bedspread, the bamboo one. I also like how you've got the kiddie play area in view of the dining table, that whole section flows really well.

BTW, the transition effects on the slideshow were adorable, had me cracking up! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Off to rec!
  • Options
    SmokyTopazSmokyTopaz Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited September 2010
    Thanks Spartan! It also has that very 70's thing.... a shower in the bedroom!
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited September 2010
    Phew! I am finally able to read the threads again! No white page for a change! Anyways, I stopped by to say that I adore your cottage! The architecture is really beautiful! Love the backyard with the swing and the clothes line! Inside, I love the kitchen, dining room and the double bedroom very much! Great job Smoky! I do not expect anything else from you! :D Left a well deserved recommendation for your lot! :thumbup:
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited September 2010
    Lurrrrve the blue timber and stone Smoky. And the rooms look so spacious and comfy - rec'd :D
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    socalkdlsocalkdl Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited September 2010
    Smokey,
    Stunning inside and out. For a minute tho, I thought you had said "thatch" not hatch, and thought at last she's found a decent thatch roof we can all use! Stll waiting for thatch, sigh. Beautiful home tho, left a rec. The grey block wall and light blue Tudor siding really works well.
    Happy simming
    4646540594_f16c4e42a2.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Hi Yanti..... thank you! The forums are definately working against us at the moment, they are so slow nowadays...... I think all the things going wrong have put people off completely!
  • Options
    KrisqueKrisque Posts: 532 Member
    edited September 2010
    Smoky, it is beautiful! I adore the pink and blue bathroom. I love the colrs in the bedrooms as well. You never cease to amaze me! Rec'd and dl'd!
  • Options
    lightelflightelf Posts: 381
    edited September 2010
    I like this house very much! Personally the colour and tones are very comfortable. One thing, i don't see the kitchen... uh,,, i will definitely recommend this.
  • Options
    pistons27275pistons27275 Posts: 942 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Hi Smoky, you nice job with the Hatch Cottage. I think the design looks very authentic including the structure, windows, and the grey roof lines. In addition, I really like the usuage of blue hatch sidings and white stoned bricks. The landscape flows vibrantly with the home as well. You did a amzaing job with the interiors including the living room, family bathroom, play area, nursery, and twin bedrooms. The color schemes flows perfectly with each room including the diffent fabric choices, wallpaper and furniture. I also like the spaceous backyard with the incorporated open patio deck. Rec and dl from me. :D
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Hi Bluebelle! Thank you! You are always so sweet!
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Hi socalkdl, sorry to disappoint... if you ever find a thatch that works I will jump on it. Thanks for the rec, it all grew out of playing with roofs!
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Thank you Krisque.....you make me :oops:!

lightelf, loads of kitchen piccys in the slideshow, I never thought to ask, you can all see it can't you??

This is a house built to bring up baby in! Very playable.
  • Options
    tdewdtdewd Posts: 927 Member
    edited September 2010
    Great lot, Smoky! I like the way you have the upstairs room overhanging the porch, and the roof is nice too. I also actually quite like the lack of fence around the porch. Normally I don't, but you've obviously done something right. ;)

I love all the little touches inside too, like the "breakfast island" in the kitchen, the clothes rack in the cloakroom and the makeshift potting table in the conservatory. Great work! I will gladly rec this. :)
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    edited September 2010
    Nice job! I t looks like a ranch house but you've taken it farther. The stone and wall covering on the exterior looks great. As always your decor looks perfect for the build. Very smooth and comfortable! Left a rec!
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    edited September 2010
    Smoky, this is adorable! Love the exterior colors and textures, good job on the rooflines, the interiors are great! Already rec'd and fav'd! :)
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Hi Pistons, thank you so much you always carefully consider a build before you comment and thats cool!
  • Options
    StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited September 2010
    Hi Smoky, A lovely build. For me my favourite part is your blend of tudor and stone in colours that sit perfectly together.

Dl'd and rec'd

regards

Starby
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Morning, hurray, got on the forums! Thanks everyone for the support!
  • Options
    paogaepaogae Posts: 1,241 Member
    edited September 2010
    Hi Smoky!
    This cottage is gorgeous! I like expecially the exterior ... wonderful!
    Rec'd, of course! :D

Kiss
    Paola
  • Options
    AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited September 2010
    Hi Smoky!

This cottage is really cute. I am definitely digging the roof line and the 2nd story overhang over the front door. Rec'd!

:thumbup:
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Thank you ladies, it means a lot to me!
  • Options
    LightSideLightSide Posts: 1,264 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Another sweet Smoky lot.
    Smoky, the exterior colours are amazing.

They are very quiet, makes me want to live somewhere out of the city. (Yes its one bustling life here)

You used some wonderful patterns yet again.
    They interiors look adorable as well.

A rec from me.
    Can't wait to see whats next.

~Light~
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited September 2010
    Hi Smoky
    Great colour combination for the exterior the soft grey brick and the light blue work so well together. Love the wallpaper borders through out, I especially like the lounge room :thumbup:.Left a rec.
  • Options
    AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Smokey, another beautiful build from you :). The exterior is beautiful in the stone and soft blue plasterwork. The interiors are light airy but also homely :), just lovely! That has to be the comfiest greenhouse too! I would get no work done hehe :D

Off to rec! :D
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I just spent a very sad day accompanying a friend to her fathers funeral, and before bed came to have a peep in here.

Thank you all so much for giving my day a much happier ending!