Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

disc authentication failure

i just installed the sims 3 fast lane and i got to the main menu to find disc authentication failure: we are unable verify that your disk is a valid copy or the sims 3 fast lane???
help!

Comments

• Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited September 2010
    If you installed from that disk, I doubt the disk is faulty. You could try cleaning it and trying again.

I don't know what machine you're using - I used to have this problem on my Mac and it took me up to 6 tries sometimes to get the game running, but in the end it always did. Tech support told me that it was caused by my disk drive - apparently the game has trouble communicating with some brands of drive...

Since AMB I no longer seem to have the problem so I am assuming that it migrated to other brands of disk drive. My experience with Sims 3 glitches is that they never get solved, they just get shifted from one group of users to the other...
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited September 2010
    Yes there is a problem with some disk drives, or it may be an issue with some software you may have installed on your computer. Usually involves some type of music software that has a drag/drop feature if I remember correctly. However, neither one of those was my problem. I run Windows Vista. I went through all the Admin Tools... device manager to make sure the drive was assigned (it was), NVIDIA control panel (that was fine), and so was firmware/driver updates. Everything was working properly.

I had the issue with WA and then it went away. Then I started having this issue again with Ambitions. When I installed Fast Lane, I made sure to have Explore open, right clicked the drive, the selected AutoPlay. This actually worked and I got that fix from Microsoft.

You can try that to see if it works or not but I have to point out again I did this at installation. :?

Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    Rosey662Rosey662 Posts: 20 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Hi Everybody,
    I originally had the sims 3, and the ambitions expansion installed and I had recently bought the generations expansion and the late night expansion. After installing generations I was had no trouble playing the game no errors appeared and I shut down my computer that night. I got the late night expansion the next day and came home to install it and had no trouble til I tried to run the game. I had the error screen pop up saying Disc Authentication Failure. It asked me to put in the Sims 3 original disc and I did so and it would not read it, it just kept saying Disc Authentication Failure. I have been a loyal sims fan for many years, ever since the original sims came out. So I was quite angry when I couldn't play, and I know many people have had this same issue. I have searched online for the last couple days, hoping to find a way to make everything work. I found different things saying to delete files and to uninstall and reinstall. The best advice I found was to not use the launcher. If you manually open it, the game will open and work. first go to your start menu and open my computer. C: drive > Program Files > Electronic Arts > TS3 > Game > Bin, then scroll down.. you can see ''Sims3Launcher''... Thats what keeps screwing up. There is also a file called ''TS3''. It's the game. click it and the game will open and allow you to play. Good luck everybody this should work, my game is running as I'm typing this. :D