Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Possible fix for error 0.0.0.0 base game version...Thank you debbi2qlts,Nichaedeums and Simjett!!

Go here for what fixed my game

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/261737.page#3479215

I had base game and all EPs and the HELS stuff pack installed. When I installed the patch 1.15.34 it brought my base game to Version 0.0.0.0 . An Uninstall of EADM and RE-Install of the current version did not help. I did a manual uninstall of base game and all eps and hels. Reinstalled base game and manually updated to 1.4.6.0001. When I installed WA ( retail version/ disc) it prompted me to update with the EADM so it patched to 1.15.34 and brought the base game back to version 0.0.0.0 again.

Another manual uninstall of WA and Base game.

I tried installing base game ( without installing EADM) then manually updating to 1.4.6.00001. Which worked. I played the game for 5 minutes and save and quit.

Then inserted WA disc ( which has the next update) and then I was prompted to install the most current EADM and update my game ....I tried to get the game to manually update without installing EADM and I could do nothing...so I followed the prompts and installed EADM and it patched up through 1.15.34 and then my base game went to 0.0.0.0 version and I had a blue box with a message " a startup error has occured. Please see log".

I uninstalled TS3 and WA and EADM ( both) ( in that order) with the vista control Panel prompts for "uninstall a program" and then reinstalled the base game ( unchecking the EADM box, bypassing installing it) and tried the same thing again with the same results.

Next I un-installed WA and TS3 and EADM using the manual method ( being sure to delete game files ( in default location), back up registry, delete registry keys and delete uninstall files)

Shut down my computer.

Re-installed my base game ( unchecking the box for installing EADM) and again manually updated the first two patches. Game works fine again. I downloaded the most current EDAM and ran the patch with the same results. " startup error " We tried using a direct link to start the game with the same results.

I did another Manual uninstall of Base and both EADM, as stated above.

I Reinstalled the base game again and patched to 1.4.6.00001 . It works fine and I played for over an hour with no problems. Save and Quit. This is where I am again.

As of now only base game is installed. I have the English Retail version. ( 1.0.631.00001) which is patched to 1.4.6.0001.

I have tried to contact you through EA Support/My Questions but it tells me my Username is invalid, this is odd because my "my page " works fine and I am able to purchase simpoints and buy Store Content.

I have run the DxDiag but of course I can not send it to you.

Comments