Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Smokytopaz Builds - High Sierras

Ok why do I keep getting the whiteout screen??

Anyway this months challenge on TSS was an A-Frame :shock: so I tried to build one, I am not going to pretend it was easy cause it wasn't, but I think it came out ok.... best on the lot I built it, cause of the landscaping!

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3076506#

High Sierra sunrise
1zg9mkk.jpg

kitchen
2r6mexx.jpg

Main bedroom
2hft94o.jpg

Living area
333jpm9.jpg

lovely setting
2dc7kep.jpg

oh ground
15zgocj.jpg

oh first
nlocid.jpg

slide show
http://www.slide.com/r/3AWDDirI3D__uFTJqU_BZec44MAgfeh0?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3076506#

I loved the waterfalls!

Comments

• Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited September 2010
    Wow Smoky, wow! You did it :D

It looks amazing, especially the balconies, and I love the stone and brick. The balcony on the 2nd floor with the window overlooking it is my favourite - gorgeous.

And the landscaping, so pretty and inviting. Love the catslide roof too. A HUGE rec from me :)
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    socalkdlsocalkdl Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited September 2010
    Smoky I like the asymetrical feel to the roofline and the way you broke it up with the balcony with flowers. The setting is really pretty. Don't you wish EA would give us true attic lofts with sloped ceilings? I love making attic rooms, you've done a great job here.
    4646540594_f16c4e42a2.jpg
  • Options
    SmokyTopazSmokyTopaz Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited September 2010
    Thanks Bluebell! Do you keep getting a white out too? Soooooooooooo annoying!

And socaldl, you know those builds (in rl) where you look up and you have all the roof beams in the attic etc showing? I would love that - so you can do a timber clad interior all in soft wood colours! Having those A-frame roofs was a REAL pain.. I had simmy foor stamping all over the place till I found their limitations.

Ta for the rec's!
  • Options
    paogaepaogae Posts: 1,241 Member
    edited September 2010
    :D Hi Smoky!
    This house is a delight! I really like the roof line and exposed brick ... so beautiful!!! A rec for you! :thumbup:
    Bye, Paola :D
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited September 2010
    As I said in TSS thread too! This is absolutely gorgeous! Lovely architecture (beautiful roof) and so warm, inviting interiors! That waterfall looks so good with the lot! I am off to your studio to recommend your lot! :thumbup: Good luck with the challenge! Not that you need it! With a beautiful lot like that! :thumbup:
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited September 2010
    Hi Smoky
    White out screen. :thumbdown:me to.
    Now I a happier note Love it . :D Great architecture, both the exterior and the interior look realistic and a beautiful landscape setting for this build.
    A rec for sure. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited September 2010
    SmokyTopaz wrote:
    Thanks Bluebell! Do you keep getting a white out too? Soooooooooooo annoying!

And socaldl, you know those builds (in rl) where you look up and you have all the roof beams in the attic etc showing? I would love that - so you can do a timber clad interior all in soft wood colours! Having those A-frame roofs was a REAL pain.. I had simmy foor stamping all over the place till I found their limitations.

Ta for the rec's!

Yep, it's driving me NUTS :roll:

Roof beams - I want those too, that would be so comfy cosy :)
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited September 2010
    Recommended. You did an awesome job. :D
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited September 2010
    Hi Smoky, what an eye catching design! :mrgreen:

Gave you a rec

regards

Starby

ps re the white out screen, I manually cleared my browsers cache and that SEEMS to have stopped the white screen for now
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited September 2010
    While I've never been a fan of A-Frames (something about the camp next to my grandparent's that scared me when I was really little that I apparently didn't get over :D ), I LOVE this one! I like the non-traditional shape and the landscaping is so pretty. For some reason I really like the wood under the roof :D, the only thing I don't like.. is the three pics of the clown. Another thing I never got over. :::hides:::
  • Options
    cinsinncinsinn Posts: 179 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Smoky! Yay it turned out GREAT, you always do wonderfully! Love everything about it! Off to rec :)
  • Options
    susanna827susanna827 Posts: 3,010 Member
    edited September 2010
    Hi Smoky,
    I like very much your house!
    Especially the asymmetrical roof,the balconies full of flowers and the external walls covering.
    A rec from me :thumbup:
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    edited September 2010
    Great build Smokey,
    I too love the design and the exterior wall coverings. The big draw for me is the waterfalls into the pond. Landscaping looks like just enough to make it perfect! rec'd
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    kquinn1990kquinn1990 Posts: 1,975 Member
    edited September 2010
    I really like this. I love the roof line; it gives the house a modern touch. I like the exterior wall covering. Your landscaping goes well with the house, also like the balcony. The interiors look good also.

Oh, for the white page; I've noticed if you "Clear Browsing Data" it should fix the problem. I've noticed it more on Google Chrome, and I like never get it on Safari from Apple on my Mac.

Edit: Um, did I forget something? I think, forgot to rec. Going to rec now.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Thank you all so much for taking the time to look, and rec!

The white screen rotates somehow, sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. Mostly it happens, which is really slowing down the forums!

Somebody said the AFrame looked modern, well it is actually one of the oldest roof lines in history, easy to build, and lets the snow slide off in the winter! One degree above a teepee!
  • Options
    LiLSapphireLiLSapphire Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited September 2010
    Beautiful A-frame Smoky. Gave you a rec Love the color of the exterior.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Hi Lil, thank you for the rec!
  • Options
    NiniBeMe69NiniBeMe69 Posts: 2,327 Member
    edited September 2010
    Hi Smokeytopaz :)

You did an awesome job on this aframe, the roof style looks really kool...and hard to do as I have know idea of where to start on a roof like that. I love the balcony with all the flowers it fit's really well with the home and offsets the roof. the landscaping looks great too. I'll be stopping back by very often to see what else your sharing with your fellow simmers. So until then, Happy Simming!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Hi NiniBeMe, it reminded me of a Swiss cottage when it was built! Thank you!
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I am going to gripe.... because of the forums this absolutely beautiful little house has managed to totally slip under the radar. I have only just got here in 24 hours, and its gone...

Ah well, go look at my studio, it is honestly a pretty little house.

I know, but I am its mama, sigh.

Thank you ea for giving me a game to play in that I love, but please please get your periferals right!
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    edited September 2010
    Smokey
    What do you mean it is gone???
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    edited September 2010
    Oh no its still in my studio etc, I meant when you upload to the exchange your lot gets 24 hours exposure. Then it slides under the radar. So the forums were putting people off, I couldn't post, or promote so its exposure or brief period in the sun went by and felt wasted!

Downloading numbers have fallen off anyway with the feeling that when you download you may get more than you wanted, there is more corrupt cc out there which attaches itself than I would have thought possible, sad ain't it?
  • Options
    socalkdlsocalkdl Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited September 2010
    The white screen...grrr
    Yes, I followed kimjo's advice and cleared my cache (temporary files) and cookies last night, and I still couln't get on the forums. The white screen seems to be totally random. Like you said.
    4646540594_f16c4e42a2.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I knew you commented eight hours ago, but couldn't read it socal, just white out again.... clearing caches is doing nothing for me, this time I shut the computer down, went and ate dinner and then fired up again.... and suddenly I can read the comments again.

It is sooooooooooo annoying!
  • Options
    pistons27275pistons27275 Posts: 942 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Great job Smoky with the High Sierras Home. I really like the overall structure including the slanted roof lines, design, and the implmented balconies. Great usage of white wall coverings windows, and the stone bricks. The vibrant landscape and the incorporated pond compliments perfectly with the entire home. In addition, amazing job with the overall interiors including the kitchen/dining, bedrooms, living room and the symmetrical layout. Rec and fav from me. :D