Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to Make the Most of this Stuff Pack?

I've been a bit frustrated with this stuff pack since i bought it a few hours ago, yay we got items and 1 trait but i am wondering, how can i get the best out of this stuff pack and that 1 trait?

All i can do so far with the trait is name cars, when do i know the relationship with the car is being built?
I need good tips please!

Comments

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited September 2010
    Well...

What I would do is to make a poor sim or family, and then as their wealth increases, buy them furniture from this pack, build onto their home. That's what I would do, buying them better cars each time I redecorate.
  • Options
    4thefunofit44thefunofit4 Posts: 3,032 Member
    edited September 2010
    Well...

What I would do is to make a poor sim or family, and then as their wealth increases, buy them furniture from this pack, build onto their home. That's what I would do, buying them better cars each time I redecorate.
    allright that's something :-)
  • Options
    NJSimmerNJSimmer Posts: 166 Member
    edited September 2010
    I've been using this pack since yesterday with one particular sim family and still haven't seen the trait. I thought maybe by driving alot that would make the trait appear but after a day that still hasn't happened. I have no idea how to get the trait or even use it (aside from naming a car) if I ever do get it. As usual, the guide for this pack is useless (as they all are).
    In the promos they show the cars racing, I have no idea how you're supposed to do that.
    The cars are ok, some of the assessory gear is ok, and the Rockabilly station on the radio is great but overall I feel like I got ripped off on this pack. I've seen better cars and fashions out on other sim sites (for free) and I was really looking forward to a little more than what I got. Good old EA promoting! They made it look better than it is, as usual. I know this is just an assessory pack and not a full upgrade but I did expect a little more. Guess I'll just have to wait for LN to come out.
  • Options
    etherealwogetherealwog Posts: 1,272 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I have this pack but haven't had time to install it or use it yet. My plan was for this game to work well with LN. Having those styles and cars for my LN town seems like a great fit. I never pay full price for SPs so I am happy with my purchase and what I'll get for what I paid.
  • Options
    danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Well, thank God this is just a Stuffs Pack, right? No need to act like it's a full-blown EP, rig- Oh wait.

That's what you're thinking.

Welp. This is simply a Stuffs Pack. It's meant to add a little bit of content to your game. So, it just somewhat enhances it. Now, that one family you wanted to be extra nouveau rich? Go ahead and give them their own private garage. That's what you can do with it.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited September 2010
    I bought this knowing that it's a sp and compared to the sps we got in sims 2, I guess this is exactly what it says it is...mostly cars and the junk that goes with it. The hairstyles are hideous, not much in the household objects category, but it gives me some really great stuff to decorate the garage with. I love all the cars, and most of the simmies have taken to the classic convertible like a duck to water. :lol:

The trait is in the list of traits, Vehicle Enthuiast, I think it's called but I really don't want to waste a trait slot just to be able to name my car. :roll:

What would really be great is if there was a way for the sim to actually "work on the car" like in the sims 2. (I think that was a hobby...good one.) Then all that great looking stuff that goes in the garage would have a purpose instead of just looking, well great. :D

I probably could've passed on this one, but I have all the eps and sps since day one and couldn't pass this up on this reason alone. I think I need therapy. :lol:
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    NJSimmer wrote:
    I've been using this pack since yesterday with one particular sim family and still haven't seen the trait. I thought maybe by driving alot that would make the trait appear but after a day that still hasn't happened. I have no idea how to get the trait or even use it (aside from naming a car) if I ever do get it. As usual, the guide for this pack is useless (as they all are).
    In the promos they show the cars racing, I have no idea how you're supposed to do that.
    The cars are ok, some of the assessory gear is ok, and the Rockabilly station on the radio is great but overall I feel like I got ripped off on this pack. I've seen better cars and fashions out on other sim sites (for free) and I was really looking forward to a little more than what I got. Good old EA promoting! They made it look better than it is, as usual. I know this is just an assessory pack and not a full upgrade but I did expect a little more. Guess I'll just have to wait for LN to come out.
    Well do you have any trait mods? if so you need to take them out. thats what i had, i feel like there could have been more stuff for the men and some things for teens and kids. i feel like they got left out. but whatever, theres more to come.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I have this pack but haven't had time to install it or use it yet. My plan was for this game to work well with LN. Having those styles and cars for my LN town seems like a great fit. I never pay full price for SPs so I am happy with my purchase and what I'll get for what I paid.
    yea i am looking forward to having my sim show up at a premiere in her vintage car. Would be even better if it showed up as a carpool so she has a driver hehe
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    danivixen wrote:
    Well, thank God this is just a Stuffs Pack, right? No need to act like it's a full-blown EP, rig- Oh wait.

That's what you're thinking.

Welp. This is simply a Stuffs Pack. It's meant to add a little bit of content to your game. So, it just somewhat enhances it. Now, that one family you wanted to be extra nouveau rich? Go ahead and give them their own private garage. That's what you can do with it.
    too bad i dont know what goes in a garage like that. lol
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    bshag4lv wrote:
    I bought this knowing that it's a sp and compared to the sps we got in sims 2, I guess this is exactly what it says it is...mostly cars and the junk that goes with it. The hairstyles are hideous, not much in the household objects category, but it gives me some really great stuff to decorate the garage with. I love all the cars, and most of the simmies have taken to the classic convertible like a duck to water. :lol:

The trait is in the list of traits, Vehicle Enthuiast, I think it's called but I really don't want to waste a trait slot just to be able to name my car. :roll:

What would really be great is if there was a way for the sim to actually "work on the car" like in the sims 2. (I think that was a hobby...good one.) Then all that great looking stuff that goes in the garage would have a purpose instead of just looking, well great. :D

I probably could've passed on this one, but I have all the eps and sps since day one and couldn't pass this up on this reason alone. I think I need therapy. :lol:
    i actually think both hair styles are adorable and way different to what we got in Ambitions (GOOD thing since we have like 4 hair styles minimum that all look alike)

they really let the creativity juices flow in this ep.

im hoping the option to do things in a car will be back eventually (woohoo, listen to music etc)