Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Smokytopaz Builds - House of Sunflowers

SmokyTopazSmokyTopaz Posts: 1,380 Member
This is a house that I built with the idea of an old French Normandy house in mind. Soft crumbly brick, broken walls and a gentle look to it, like a well loved family abode.
I really found it quite hard to move Smoky simself out, to upload so she is back in there but not in the upload. Now there are some painting ins the house that Smoky did, but I don't know if they will come with the build, could you let me know?

No cc, but store content needed for the same effect!

http://gb.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2994750

Front
1zz51xy.jpg

Kitchen
xcpqa1.jpg

Bedroom
anounk.jpg

en suite
of7nsh.jpg

slide show
http://www.slide.com/r/P7L7liwF7z94Om0vM7FER7PYanV3mVvL?previous_view=lt_embedded_url

http://gb.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2994750

All comments etc welcome!

Comments

• Options
    altheaquinaltheaquin Posts: 5,013 Member
    edited August 2010
    Nice use of colours and patterns through out. rec'd and retweeted :-)
    nnsig1_zps7a3fd5f0.pngs4gsig_zpseed8c92c.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Thank you altheaquin... I am not quite sure what I am doing with the tweety thingy! But I do it anyway.

Oh and the forums are working again!
  • Options
    cyberman418cyberman418 Posts: 849 Member
    edited August 2010
    I really like this home- Very cute and charming. The colours, inside and out make it look really inviting.

Oh I do love it so! Going off to rec & dl...
  • Options
    pistons27275pistons27275 Posts: 942 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Great job Smoky on another build. The design looks very authentic including the incorporated arches, windows, and the roof composition. In addition, the landscape compliments perfectly with the house. You also did a amazing job with the interiors. Overall great job as always. Rec, dl, and fav from me. :D
  • Options
    socalkdlsocalkdl Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited August 2010
    Smoky...very nice house. It is very inviting. I especially liked the red theme and attention to detail in the upstairs/downstairs halls. For some reason lately I'm being attracted to bold colors, guess it was the Fidler's New Orleans Challenge. I'm incorporating many of the same patterns now in my builds that you had discovered from http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/userkitty1969 Her patterns "rock". The pale blue master bedroom is especially appealing as well. I love looking at what other fine builders like yourself experiment with, like the drapes framing the door archways and MOOing 2 nightstands with a bathroom sink. There's so much to try in the game. By the way, your simself is quite the artist! Of to rec and add a new favorite.
    4646540594_f16c4e42a2.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Thank you cyberman.... your avatar is drop dead gorgeous!
  • Options
    cyberman418cyberman418 Posts: 849 Member
    edited August 2010
    SmokyTopaz wrote:
    Thank you cyberman.... your avatar is drop dead gorgeous!

Oh Smoky, you flatter me with your compliments!

smiley59.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Hello pistons, once again I find my self thanking you for the lovely compliments. I love playing with this house, it flows .... can anyone tell me yet if the art work transfers with the build?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Hi Socalkdl, thank you for the rec, and the charming compliments - thanks for the rec. kitty is pink has some really good brick patterns! Glitzyangel does too... I have dl some of her tiling patterns!

I can't build without moo nowadays, it makes so much difference to the look. I try to use cfe at a minimum, cause it can really affect sims routing...

and Oh another fav!

Mind you this is the sort of house you would smell fresh coffee and baking bread in!
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited August 2010
    Hi there Smoky,

Your new build has got the chocolate box prettiness! I love the architecture and the brick exterior! The garden looks gorgeous! Love the picnic area and the walkway! Inside, I love the kitchen, the blue double bedroom, the bathroom (with the purple rugs) and the kid's room! Lovely colour combinations and good choice of patterns! I will happily recommend this! :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Thank you Yanti, did you pick up the links for the tiles? glitzyangel did them...
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Did Smoky's art work transfer?

I need to know this!
  • Options
    tdewdtdewd Posts: 927 Member
    edited August 2010
    Another great lot, Smoky!

The house is wonderful, I love how you incorporated the ruined wall pieces with the actual garden wall. The columns too look great.
    Inside I'm not such a fan of the yellow in the kitchen, but that's just personal taste. It still looks good, especially when viewed from the photo in the slideshow. I do really like the "purple-ly" bathroom, however - the tiles are beautiful! And I like how you've CASd that sun decoration(?) on the wall. Nice touch... I doubt many people use that object. The veranda out the back is fantastic too - I will have to try that one day. Great work - have another rec!
  • Options
    TaraMarTaraMar Posts: 101
    edited August 2010
    Amazing home! I especially love the exterior and kitchen. Recommendation from me :)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Ta Tdewd you don't like blue and yellow?? Sunshine and beaches, skyies and flowers? Holiday colours?

Yup I remember when the sun disk was one of the few clutter things we had, I do loves it!

Thank you for the rec and stuff!
  • Options
    fairygirlaislinfairygirlaislin Posts: 731 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I love love love the exterior! It looks all old and lovely :D
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Thankyou Taramar.... you remind me that I have a small ambition to build Tara, for Scarlet O'Hara....
  • Options
    StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited August 2010
    Hi SmokyTopaz a beautiful house, d'ld and rec'd this beautiful home and Maison Mayfair too

regards
    Starby :mrgreen:
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Thank you fairygirlaislin (thats one long name). You know Fidler told me he thought this was a personal build, he was right.
  • Options
    Sherry1968Sherry1968 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Smoky - love this house. I think I already left a comment at TSS. I will check the paintings for you - back in a bit.
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited August 2010
    Hi Smoky
    This house is just divine I can see why you did not want to move your Avi out. :D
    Love the soft colour stone work, the crumbling front fence . Left a rec and fav'd. :D
  • Options
    Sherry1968Sherry1968 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Hey - I'm back, it looked like there were about three custom paintings in the downstairs of the house. Also, the one that was started on the drafting table was still there.

Now I have to ask if the paintings were the default ones that any sim can paint, or if you were painting from a picture in the game - they looked like default, but I'm just checking. I have heard that the default paintings will transfer, but paintings your sim does from a picture, or a portrait will not.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    She just painted them, often she starts painting all by herself so I just leave her to it.... oh one was a request I wanted her to paint the sunflowers in the garden.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Follyfoot thank you so much (I thought we were already friends!) She is a happy little bunny there, mind you so would I be!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Starby, where you bin? long time no chitchat, thank you!