May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University or bust!!

:lol: haha i always read that everyone wants seasons back or pets. Why not university? I think EA would do a way better job with this than they did The Sims 2!! Because looks at WA..yeah it has its flaws but it's a big step up from the original Vacations ep! So what do you think? Bring back University and see how cool it is? Or something totally new like Ambitions(except better than Ambitions)?

Comments

• Options
    nym1997nym1997 Posts: 2,963 New Member
    edited August 2010
    univeristy but with a magical twist so we can have a school like hogwarts
  • Options
    buckmcfat018buckmcfat018 Posts: 24
    edited August 2010
    nym1997 wrote:
    univeristy but with a magical twist so we can have a school like hogwarts

Haha,wouldn't that be the same thing with the Sims 2 ex pac with the magic? Wasn't that one the last sim 2 expansion?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,480 Member
    edited August 2010
    I agree with this. We need universities back. Our young adults and even adults could go to school and get a education. They could live in dorms like with the sims 3 but it should be in a new town not to were you get a loading screen. We need a new town for this so it can be seemless. We could always place universities in the old hoods. I don't like loading screens.
  • Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited August 2010
    I personally would have far preferred University to World Adventures. When I heard that the first EP was a travel EP I was very disappointed. And when first playing that travel EP I was supremely disappointed because you can only explore tombs etc once within a family line. Disappointing.

I loved University and I loved Seasons (wasn't so keen on pets, largely because of the constant strays), but would have preferred either one of these to what has been released so far.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited August 2010
    The Young Adult stage was added to the Sims 2 precisely so that teens could go to the University and become Young Adults without any responsibilities until they graduated and became Adults. Ironically, it turned out not everyone wanted to send their teen to university, but they did want the Young Adult stage so that they would have some teens who could stay at home and get jobs but party more, before becoming adults.

Now here we are, EA has started out their Sims as Young Adults with all the responsibilities of adults, and people are wanting a University-type expansion pack. When I think back about all the whining, moaning, and complaining there was from a lot of the players in The Sims 2 forums back then about how University was such a lame EP, how much they hated it and how boring it was...I have to sit back and smile.

Somehow, I think if EA had wanted to go down that road again, they would have. Something tells me they're not interested in revisiting that EP again.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Creaky2005Creaky2005 Posts: 1,974 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I always loved university. And likelihood of no such ep for the sims 3 makes me sad.
  • Options
    The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Never had University for The Sims 2. Just because there wont be a University for The Sims 3 it doesn't mean some aspects from it won't be in future EP. I hope EA make an EP around Education and skills, with separate schools for Children and Teen, also a school for young Adult and above to learn some skills.
  • Options
    LegendaryLegendary Posts: 390 Member
    edited August 2010
    Never abandon hope. Note that right now they seem to be upgrading the more popular Sims 2 EPs. Because there's already "adult learning" (the Skill Classes) in Sims 3, it's entirely possible for an EP to be added that allows Young Adults to go a University rabbithole. I suspect, though, because of the ease of working it in, it'll be one of the last expansion packs and not a major aspect of it - much like Apartment Life didn't REALLY do a whole lot of revolutionizing in the living department, but added some fun magical experiences.
    I'm just here to see how the fandom reacts to the game coming out.
  • Options
    RellyJackRellyJack Posts: 136 Member
    edited September 2010
    University was my favorite expansion pack. I loved the dorm life and the frat life, the hazing, the secret society, and of course the clever ways to get your grades up with out ever going to class. Even with all the expansion packs installed, I spent most of my time at the university. It was just fun.
  • Options
    BooHoo2U2BooBooBooHoo2U2BooBoo Posts: 1,335 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I remember a lot of people putting down the University EP, but I was a big fan of it. I sent all my teens to University, and almost all of them were able to find future spouses there. I loved the social aspects of dorm life, the fun things to do around campus, and the rewards that came with graduating. Some people complained that it wasn't fair that certain careers were only available to University graduates, but it made sense to me.

I'd be thrilled to have a Sims 3 University EP ... well, let me qualify that. I'd be thrilled to have a Sims 3 University EP as long as it's not a "quest-type" EP, with students required to complete a series of pre-programmed "learning opportunities" or follow some step-by-step quest to graduate.

In Sims 2, University students had myriad ways of getting through the semester. Study hard, use influence to persuade friends to do your term papers, hack the grades, or just play around, schmooze through and do only enough to pass.

If a Sims 3 University EP took that same approach and let the player decide how to play the game, it would be great.