Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

'Stealing the Spotlight' Modelling Comp Sign-Ups

Comments

• Options
    Bre_ViciousBre_Vicious Posts: 494 Member
    edited August 2010
    No problem MissFashionista nothing to be embarrassed about. :D
  • Options
    purlestreampurlestream Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited August 2010
    AngusROX wrote:
    HI, wondering if I can get a place in the comp? Thanks aloott guys ;)

Sure! You are reserved. ^_^
    fuq2ix.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Just wanted to let people know that I had a make-over topic, and gave people sims according to their description. Well, my game decided to die so I am running a comp to see if anyone wants to take over from my job. All you need to do is make a sim and upload the sim according to the 'customor'. I have had 0 entries so far, and would love someone who wanted to take over my position. It is a REALLY fun job, and I will pop in from time to time to help. Like a boss. (And when I say help, I don't mean making sims, I mean updating posts and attracting business.)

If anyone would like to gain employment at my make-over shop, please go to this link: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/30/230289.page

(You may have to scroll down the page a bit.)

And here is a random fact I wanted to share:
    (Because my sims game died, I decided to host comps instead of being in them, so yeah.)

Thank-you for your consideration and support,

Purle Stream
    fuq2ix.gif
  • Options
    kiwibaby4kiwibaby4 Posts: 1,936
    edited August 2010
    I've never entered a modeling competition, but I think it would be fun ^^
    Could you fill me in on the details and rules and such? Sorry if I'm being a bother :(
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    kiwibaby4 wrote:
    I've never entered a modeling competition, but I think it would be fun ^^
    Could you fill me in on the details and rules and such? Sorry if I'm being a bother :(

No thats fine! Not too long ago, I was in your situation! ^_^

Here are the rules:

. CC is allowed, but not mandatory
    . Editing is allowed, but not mandatory
    . No copying (but discussing ideas is fine,)
    . No putting down other entrants, (or you may find yourself removed from the comp.)
    . And most of all, HAVE FUN!!!

And here is an entry form:

ENTRY FORM

My Nickname:
    My Sims Name:
    Why is your Sim a known celebrity?:

Headshot:

Bodyshot:

All you have to do is bookmark the page, fill in the form, and check every week for the next assignment. There will be from 5-10 assignments, it all depends on how people go. And overall, there is a winner that the judges decided had the most votes, which we will alllocate each week.

Now here is the process on how to post photos. You may already know, but this will be very handy if you don't. :

1. Take the picture of your sim in game.
    2. Go to a website called 'tinypic.com'
    3. Click BROWSE:
    Sub 1. Go to documents,
    Sub 2. Click on Electronic Arts
    Sub 3. Click Sims 3
    Sub 4. Click Screenshots
    Sub 5. Choose photo

4. Resize picture to: Message Board 640x640
    5. Upload
    6. Copy and paste the link 'Message Board' and paste onto reply.

Just go to the first page for futher details or talk to me on the forum. I hope I have been helpful and I do wish to see you enter the comp.

Purle Stream
    fuq2ix.gif
  • Options
    AngusROXAngusROX Posts: 111
    edited August 2010
    Ok heres my form ;)

My Name: Angus
    My Sims Name: Lexy Wattson
    Why Is Your Sim A Known Celebrity?: Lexy is a well known acctress for drama/action/comedy films. Since she has gotten more known she has been asked to model for several clothing companies.

Head Shot: http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/869/209/006/00/screenshot_original.jpg

Body Shot: http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/969/209/006/00/screenshot_original.jpg

I hope you like Lexy. Good luck to everyone else, your models look AWESOME.

Keep safe, keep happy, Angus
  • Options
    kmp90kmp90 Posts: 519 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Hmm, Bump for you, i might want to do this, but i have school starting up in two weeks, and i'm just going in to highschool. So i'm going to be busy with school work, But i will say that i'm a maybe. So Yeah :)
  • Options
    xnicolerawksxxnicolerawksx Posts: 154
    edited August 2010
    Mornin' bump!
    Purle:
    I'll think about the makeover thing.. I have alot on my plate and just fear I wont have time. I'll consider it though!
  • Options
    MissFashionistaMissFashionista Posts: 455 Member
    edited August 2010
    Whats going on??? Purplestream? :-o does that mean theres no more comp? Awww!
    School is about to start and i have noticed all comps are ending cuz of school!
  • Options
    BeechNutBabyBeechNutBaby Posts: 14,439 Member
    edited September 2010
    My Name: Beech
    My Sims Name: Corinna Falls
    Why Is Your Sim A Known Celebrity?: Corinna's known for being one of the most controversial musicians in the nation. She's wacky, fun, generous and hopeless...in the romance department! She has also appeared several times in films and is almost always in the news with a new beau on her arm.

Head Shot:
    Screenshot-668-1.jpg"width=700"

Body Shot:
    Screenshot-666-1.jpg"width=700"
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    afkthenadafkthenad Posts: 2,708 Member
    edited August 2010
    Be Back soon with model!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Anyone notice my new moto?
    Live,Laugh,Liberty!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    My Nickname: Kae
    My Sims Name: Alexis Barnes
    Why is your Sim a known celebrity?: She is known as Broadway superstar. She is just in love with preforming live, she is always in the headlines for the sold out shows, and How wonderful her personality in helping all over the world.

Headshot:Screenshot-7-1.jpg

Bodyshot: Screenshot-8-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Bump!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Whats going on??? Purplestream? :-o does that mean theres no more comp? Awww!
    School is about to start and i have noticed all comps are ending cuz of school!

Don't worry, this comp is still on! ^_^ I would NEVER end this comp, as I would upset many and I am having WAY too much fun hosting this comp. The other comp is something I started up ages ago, and I just need someone to take-over, thats all. I was just trying to make the job sound fun and interesting and give people the opituinity to see if they would like that responsibility.

So yeah, 'Stealing The Spotlight' is still going ahead! ^_^
    fuq2ix.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Mornin' bump!
    Purle:
    I'll think about the makeover thing.. I have alot on my plate and just fear I wont have time. I'll consider it though!

Oh, thank-you SO much for considering! ^_^ For all I know, I may even start up the business again on my own when this comp has ended and/or if I have enough things in Sims again! ^_^
    fuq2ix.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    AngusROX wrote:
    Ok heres my form ;)

Why Is Your Sim A Known Celebrity?: Lexy is a well known acctress for drama/action/comedy films. Since she has gotten more known she has been asked to model for several clothing companies.

Head Shot: http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/869/209/006/00/screenshot_original.jpg

Body Shot: http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/969/209/006/00/screenshot_original.jpg

What a wonderful entry Angus! I cannot wait to see some of the assignments you turn in! ^_^

fuq2ix.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    My Name: Beech
    My Sims Name: Liara Morgan
    Why Is Your Sim A Known Celebrity?: Liara's known for being one of the most controversial musicians in the nation. She's wacky, fun, generous and hopeless...in the romance department! She has also appeared several times in films and is almost always in the news with a new beau on her arm.

Head Shot:
    Screenshot-406.jpg
    Body Shot:
    Screenshot-404.jpg

Magnificent work, Beech. I just LOVE the hair!
    fuq2ix.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    kmp90 wrote:
    My Nickname: Kae
    My Sims Name: Alexis Barnes
    Why is your Sim a known celebrity?: She is known as Broadway superstar. She is just in love with preforming live, she is always in the headlines for the sold out shows, and How wonderful her personality in helping all over the world.

Headshot:Screenshot-7-1.jpg

Bodyshot: Screenshot-8-1.jpg

Awesome sim, Kae! Its so unique and fabulous!
    fuq2ix.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Thank you, Purple :)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Note to everyone sims: THEY ARE ALL AMAZING AND STYLISH!!!!!!! :mrgreen: 8)
  • Options
    MaezinhaMaezinha Posts: 724
    edited August 2010
    bump for one more model, this comp is gonna be fun :-)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Bumpp :)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    BUMP
  • Options
    AngusROXAngusROX Posts: 111
    edited August 2010
    AngusROX wrote:
    Ok heres my form ;)

What a wonderful entry Angus! I cannot wait to see some of the assignments you turn in! ^_^

Naww thank you ;) I entered your comp after this other comp and they still havent said anything about my other sim/model D: If you like I can show you the other sim I made just for fun or some ... oh where not allowed to swear on here? WOOPSIE better not then, I'll just say 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

Keep safe, keep happy, Angus ;)