Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dear EA: A few suggestions (please read!)

:!: To all of you people out there who think that EA will never read this: I know that they probably won't, but it's worth a shot. :!:
While I was perusing the stories pages the other day, I came across a lot of great expansion pack and game ideas. Then I turn around and EA is releasing a Medieval Times Sims 3 game. There probably is a market for it, but I didn't see that many simmers interested. And then I had an idea.
So many simmers have posted their amazing game and expansion pack ideas, but EA just comes out with more and more ideas of their own. Don't get me wrong, EA makes great expansion packs, and I love them, but what if there was someone at EA looking at their ideas and picking out the best ones to make?
I think that this would be a good idea for a few reasons. First, EA, you would know that there would be a market for it. Pending the amount of recs, you would know whether or not the simmer's idea would be popular or not. More recs means that more people would be interested in buying that certain expansion pack or game. More people buying means more profits for the company. The same thing could goes for other simmers's ideas, like traits and stuff packs.
It's just an idea that I had. You don't have to take it, I just thought of it out of the blue. I hope that this helped at least a little.
Yours truely,
BookyGirl13

EDIT: I will reply to forum postings when there are groups of about five that need to be answered. But if it's been too long, then I will just reply to the current forum postings. I let postings go to long the first time and it took me over two hours to reply to them all xD

Comments

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited August 2010
    :!: To all of you people out there who think that EA will never read this: I know that they probably won't, but it's worth a shot. :!:
    While I was perusing the stories pages the other day, I came across a lot of great expansion pack and game ideas. Then I turn around and EA is releasing a Medieval Times Sims 3 game. There probably is a market for it, but I didn't see that many simmers interested. And then I had an idea.
    So many simmers have posted their amazing game and expansion pack ideas, but EA just comes out with more and more ideas of their own. Don't get me wrong, EA makes great expansion packs, and I love them, but what if there was someone at EA looking at their ideas and picking out the best ones to make?
    I think that this would be a good idea for a few reasons. First, EA, you would know that there would be a market for it. Pending the amount of recs, you would know whether or not the simmer's idea would be popular or not. More recs means that more people would be interested in buying that certain expansion pack or game. More people buying means more profits for the company. The same thing could goes for other simmers's ideas, like traits and stuff packs.
    It's just an idea that I had. You don't have to take it, I just thought of it out of the blue. I hope that this helped at least a little.
    Yours truely,
    BookyGirl13

Actually, EA does listen now and then but they may take a idea and incorporate it, but it may not be the way you envision it because of numerous reasons. Can the game support it in the way we envision it and if not can a workaround work. We all are all throwing ideas at EA, but some ideas may not work especially if it requires a lot of processing power and you know who is going to suffer, the ones with low-end computers. EA has to level the playing field so all can enjoy. Also, we have to be patient being Sims 3 is still in it's infancy stage. Most of us here cannot even program or know what it takes to program. I know a lot about puting computers together, but programming is not my cup of tea, I leave that to the pros. :D:D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    BookyGirl13BookyGirl13 Posts: 856
    edited August 2010
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    Yours truely,
    BookyGirl13

Actually, EA does listen now and then but they may take a idea and incorporate it, but it may not be the way you envision it because of numerous reasons. Can the game support it in the way we envision it and if not can a workaround work. We all are all throwing ideas at EA, but some ideas may not work especially if it requires a lot of processing power and you know who is going to suffer, the ones with low-end computers. EA has to level the playing field so all can enjoy. Also, we have to be patient being Sims 3 is still in it's infancy stage. Most of us here cannot even program or know what it takes to program. I know a lot about puting computers together, but programming is not my cup of tea, I leave that to the pros. :D:D
    Yes, that's true. EA does have a lot to think about when they are considering an idea. But what about the hundreds of stories asking for pets and teen pregnancies back? If they could do it on Sims 2, they why not Sims 3?
  • Options
    Hotty5009Hotty5009 Posts: 3,895 Member
    edited August 2010
    Hi & welcome to the forums.
  • Options
    aleneghan619aleneghan619 Posts: 4,947 Member
    edited August 2010
    Hotty5009 wrote:

I agree
    tumblr_inline_movqnq54lT1qz4rgp.gif

• Options
    bucsfankhris05bucsfankhris05 Posts: 1,020 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Yes, that's true. EA does have a lot to think about when they are considering an idea. But what about the hundreds of stories asking for pets and teen pregnancies back? If they could do it on Sims 2, they why not Sims 3?

#1: EA has NEVER had teen pregnancies in a game - that would raise the rating to MA. You're thinking of mods, and there's plenty of them for TS3 out there.

#2: I think EA WILL bring back popular EPs (Pets, Seasons, etc), but it takes time. They can't release everything in a single EP. 1 EP a year is a pretty good pace to release EPs with as much detail as TS3 requires. Patience is a virtue :)
  • Options
    TPB01TPB01 Posts: 1,978 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Personally, my feeling is that EA has a great game and brand in SIMS, they knew what EP's sold in SIMS 2 and due to that popularity will use those themes in SIMS 3. But being under pressure to sell more game and into more households, they should test other types of EP's and this forum is a great place to read consumer sentiment. Just my opinion only, but I think we will see more of what was used in SIMS 2 and tests like Medieval.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited August 2010
    Bookygirl13, They could but as far as teen pregancies goes that would be a nogo because of the message it would give. Teen pregancies are not to be glorified. As far as pets goes, they more than likely have a schedule they are following and know exactly when they are going to release them. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    ricmckinneyricmckinney Posts: 2,371 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Hi, welcome to the forums.

I see where your coming from and I understand your logic, but unless you have a business degree, I can't really take you seriously, and EA won't either. They're a huge company, and they know what they're doing with marketing and EPs. They might not be good quality, but that's not relevant to the ideas for EPs. Anyway, I like the originality of EPs. Most people are just asking for old stuff or stuff that can't be done (space travel, for example).
  • Options
    AnglePlay300AnglePlay300 Posts: 3,969 Member
    edited August 2010
    Yours truely,
    BookyGirl13

Just like to point out that Sims Medieval is NOT a Sims 3 game. It is completely different, it's a stand alone game.

Like people have already said, EA never put teen pregnancy in any of their games. Those were player made mods and that will always be the only way you can get them. And about wanting certain EP's back you just have to wait, the base game only came out a bit over a year ago.
  • Options
    ricmckinneyricmckinney Posts: 2,371 New Member
    edited August 2010
    But what about the hundreds of stories asking for pets and teen pregnancies back?

That was never a feature and you can get banned just for mentioning that.
  • Options
    CouriervaughanCouriervaughan Posts: 20,570 Member
    edited August 2010
    hi and welcome to the forum
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited August 2010
    Like any smart product company, EA already does have marketing strategies that employ game popularity scouts, idea and design teams and such.

EA's focus includes many other games than just the Sims series. Even within the Sims genre, there are many factors which must be considered besides what the "majority" wants (going by recs, as you state). For example, you might have many people that never "rec'd" at all, so the count would not be accurate. EA also has to allow for a wide variety of individual tastes while still holding appeal for all.

Overall, the Sims developers do listen to our community as they have stated many times. We might not get everything we want, but our desires are heard and accommodated well. Besides, that's what keeps us loyal fans---we thrill to the anticipation of what will be offered next.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Alright! Time to try and reply to all of these postings all at once!
    I agree
    What's that supposed to mean? That you agree with my idea or that you agree with:
    Hotty5009 wrote:
    #1: EA has NEVER had teen pregnancies in a game - that would raise the rating to MA. You're thinking of mods, and there's plenty of them for TS3 out there.
    I read all of those stories thinking that there WAS teen pregnancies in TS2. I also thought that from watching the (amazing) YouTube series Teenaged by Komori145, which dealt with teen pregnancy and used TS2. I have never really played or seen TS2. So, I was under the impression that there were teen pregnancies. Thanks for letting me know that there aren't really. It'll help in the future. As for the rating, that is true as teen pregnancies should not really be put in the spotlight.
    TPB48 wrote:
    Personally, my feeling is that EA has a great game and brand in SIMS, they knew what EP's sold in SIMS 2 and due to that popularity will use those themes in SIMS 3. But being under pressure to sell more game and into more households, they should test other types of EP's and this forum is a great place to read consumer sentiment. Just my opinion only, but I think we will see more of what was used in SIMS 2 and tests like Medieval.
    That is true, and yes, we shouldn't put EA under too much pressure like that. That was not my intention, my intention was to help get those great EP ideas that other simmers have created a chance under EA's spotlight.
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    Bookygirl13, they could but as far as teen pregnancies goes that would be a nogo because of the message it would give. Teen pregnancies are not to be glorified. As far as pets goes, they more than likely have a schedule they are following and know exactly when they are going to release them. :D
    Once again, very true. Teen pregnancies should not be glorified or in any way made to seem good. And, yes, EA probably would have a certain schedule to follow. I never thought of that.
    I see where you are coming from and I understand your logic, but unless you have a business degree, I can't really take you seriously, and EA won't either. They're a huge company, and they know what they're doing with marketing and EPs. They might not be good quality, but that's not relevant to the ideas for EPs. Anyway, I like the originality of EPs. Most people are just asking for old stuff or stuff that can't be done (space travel, for example).
    I know that some ideas are not possible, like space travel, I have never seen that suggested before (although you probably have). Space travel has technically already been done before, since you can go up the military career ladder to become an astronaut. And as for the not listening, I know that EA probably won't give me the time of day, seeing as they might think that I am just some 13 year old girl who likes to play there games (which is true xD). But, like I said before:
    Just like to point out that Sims Medieval is NOT a Sims 3 game. It is completely different, it's a stand alone game.

Like people have already said, EA never put teen pregnancy in any of there games. Those were player made mods and that will always be the only way you can get them. And about wanting certain EP's back you just have to wait, the base game only came out a bit over a year ago.
    I know that Medieval is a stand alone game, I'm sorry if the impression left is that I thought it was an EP.
    Like I said before, I do not own and have never played TS2. I was only left under the impression that there were teen pregnancies in TS2. I will admit, I do need to work on my patience xP Sometimes I forget that TS3 isn't really that old, I discovered it in January and I thought it was older.
    That was never a feature and you could get banned just for mentioning that.
    Like I said before, I never knew it wasn't a feature.
    As for the second part, oh crud and I hope not.
    Pamhamlet wrote:
    EA's focus includes many other games than just the Sims series. Even within the Sims genre, there are many factors which must be considered besides what the "majority" wants (going by recs, as you state). For example, you might have many people that never "rec'd" at all, so the count would not be accurate. EA also has to allow for a wide variety of individual tastes while still holding appeal for all.

Overall, the Sims developers do listen to our community as they have stated many times. We might not get everything we want, but our desires are heard and accomodated well. Besides, that's what keeps us loyal fans--- we thrill to the anticipation of what we will be offered next.
    Once again, that is true, EA does have alot of other games to work on other than Sims, like their sports game series', but (just saying) wouldn't they have separate departments for their other games series'?
    And, yes, it is very interesting to see what new and amazing ideas that EA will throw at us next :)

Overall, I feel totally pwned right now. Everyone is pointing out flaws all over the place, and I'm just saying but most of them were from my response to Goldmoldar's first post and not the original topic. Either way, thanks for your input. Some of it scarred me though (the thought of being banned freaks me out -_-) but it was almost entirely legitimate responses. And thanks for taking me seriously. I thought I might be laughed at :D
    Yours truely,
    BookyGirl13
  • Options
    MaulRat17MaulRat17 Posts: 903 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I know that EA probably won't give me the time of day, seeing as they might think that I am just some 13 year old girl who likes to play there games (which is true xD).

You are a very well-spoken and polite 13 year old. :) I thought you were older! Don't worry about it too much. Ideas and comments are what helps a game get better. If a company is smart, they will listen to what their customers have to say. And even if some ideas are "impossible," that shouldn't deter anyone from dreaming them up. It just takes time and patience to make something wonderful. Ask any of our fabulous designers how long it takes for them to perfect a house or sim they work on.

Happy Simming, Booky!
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited August 2010
    Ea does listen to suggestions... they can't quite take a person's idea completely, cos then there ould be some copyright inconveniences... cos it wouldn't have been EA's idea to begin with.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I think that MaulRat17 and Kelly_Blake have waited long enough. Answer time!
    MaulRat17 wrote:
    You are a very well-spoken and polite 13 year old. :-) I thought you were older! Don't worry about it too much. Ideas and comments are what helps a game get better. If a company is smart, they will listen to what their customers have to say. And even if some ideas are "impossible," that shouldn't deter anyone from dreaming them up. It just takes time and patience to make something wonderful. Ask any of our fabulous designers how long it takes for them to perfect a house or sim they work on.

Happy Simming, Booky!
    Why thank you :D I'm touched! It's good to finally see someone that isn't just here to smack me in the face :P Happy Simming to you too, MaulRat!
    Ea does listen to suggestions... they can't quite take a person's idea completely, cos then there ould be some copyright inconveniences... cos it wouldn't have been EA's idea to begin with.
    Yes, true, there would be copyright issues because it wouldn't be EA's idea orriginally. That could be simply solved, though, by having one of the Sim Gurus contact that member via private message. But it wouldn't be too big a deal, to me, if EA used one of my ideas. I would be happy enough that they thought my idea was good enough to actually use in one of their EPs.

Well, yesterday I bought The Sims 2 Double Deluxe and The Sims 2 Fun with Pets. I got a great deal too ;) If you didn't know, Double Deluxe is the base game with the Nightlife EP and the Celebrations SP. Fun with Pets is the Pets EP, the Family Fun SP, and the Mansion and Garden SP. But that's not the point. I now own TS2! My ID on TS2.com is also BookyGirl13. Add meh!
    Yours Truely,
    BookyGirl13
    Post edited by Unknown User on