Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Caveman Sim!

Soooooo, my Sim just explored a hole he dug with a miner, and when he came out he was dressed like a caveman (NEVER seen these clothes before on the game!) and even had weird long caveman hair. ***?!?!

Has this ever happened to anyone else??

Comments

• Options
    suelorchasuelorcha Posts: 318 New Member
    edited August 2010
    No...but I wish.

My sim doesn't go anywhere when he mines...do you need WA for that?
  • Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited August 2010
    suelorcha wrote:
    No...but I wish.

My sim doesn't go anywhere when he mines...do you need WA for that?

No, you can only go in some of the holes. The dark ones, which I think is the kind you get, you can travel through with other holes. When they're a yellow is when they're able to explore them.

I've never had that happen before :?. Though my sims have woo hooed in the time machine and got caveman sim "kids".
  • Options
    YahtzamiYahtzami Posts: 6,301 Member
    edited August 2010
    I know that can happen w/ the time machine...didn't know it could happen exploring holes! I am sooo gonna try that now! LOL
  • Options
    suelorchasuelorcha Posts: 318 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Now I'm confused...my sim makes holes in his back yard...are there specific holes you have to mine? and where are they found?
  • Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited August 2010
    suelorcha wrote:
    Now I'm confused...my sim makes holes in his back yard...are there specific holes you have to mine? and where are they found?

As far as I know, it's all luck driven. If you want one of the holes, all's you can do is to hope for it to be that type of hole :?.
  • Options
    DaniMystiDaniMysti Posts: 35 New Member
    edited August 2010
    suelorcha wrote:

It doesn't make any difference where you mine. So far as I can tell.

When you finish mining a hole, occasionally you'll get a message saying that your miner's sensors indicate you've reached a cave system (or something like that) and it will suggest you go in and explore. Then, any playable Sim can enter (by clicking on the hole) and go on a rabbit hole adventure (somewhat similar to the adventures you can have in the time machine). You'll then get periodic messages about your Sim's underground adventures, and when they return to the surface they sometimes come out with objects like gnomes, etc, in their inventory.

I've dug plenty of holes and gone on several of these little adventures, but this is the first time my Sim has come out looking like a caveman!!
  • Options
    DaniMystiDaniMysti Posts: 35 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Here are some pics!
    cavesim.jpg
    This is soon after he emerged. Later I had him remove the shoes to complete the look.
    cavesimanachronism.jpg
    But some anachronisms are just funny.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    edited August 2010
    I had the same thing happen after exploring a hole at the military base.
  • Options
    JudilandJudiland Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited August 2010
    How do you get your sim to mine on another lot? Mine will only place at home!
  • Options
    jjcakejjcake Posts: 92 New Member
    edited August 2010
    to get the caveman clothes, new hairs and make up just type in Unlockoutfits on in the cheat bar. x
  • Options
    PersefenyPersefeny Posts: 7 New Member
    I just experienced this, also. Is there a purpose for this? I also noticed one of his traits disappeared.
  • Options
    EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there,

Since this thread had been inactive since 2010 and had come to a natural conclusion, I'm closing it as per our necroposting rules.

- Leeloo
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top