Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Medieval Info

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,589 Member
    edited August 2010
    Spring 2011? But, but that's in like, forever! :(
  • Options
    amzwilldayamzwillday Posts: 4,148 New Member
    edited August 2010
    a year away it'll be here before you know it and there's 4 months away till december :) and my bday woo
  • Options
    planieguyplanieguy Posts: 228 Member
    edited August 2010
    It looks like another rubbish spin off to me, this isn't the sort of stuff the Sims used to be about, it was a life simulator, now it's just becoming another quest series... :(

I miss Maxis.
  • Options
    SilverDragon111SilverDragon111 Posts: 6,173 New Member
    edited August 2010
    omg can't wait :D
  • Options
    Hotty5009Hotty5009 Posts: 3,895 Member
    edited August 2010
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Spring 2011? But, but that's in like, forever! :(

I agree! :cry:
  • Options
    dragonmaster626dragonmaster626 Posts: 3,716 New Member
    edited August 2010
    planieguy wrote:
    It looks like another rubbish spin off to me, this isn't the sort of stuff the Sims used to be about, it was a life simulator, now it's just becoming another quest series... :(

I miss Maxis.

I don't see any thing wrong with what EA is doing to the sims Medieval, This is actually some thing i was looking foward to along time is a game thats a lifesimulator at the same time as questing series. I just need to know if its more based on controling multiple people at one time or if you could choose to be mainly a single person as they go about their lives of saving/destroying the world.
  • Options
    JassieteacakeJassieteacake Posts: 237 Member
    edited August 2010
    Cool! :D Sorry if I'm a bit slow but... is this a stand-alone game that won't be an expansion pack?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Cool! :D Sorry if I'm a bit slow but... is this a stand-alone game that won't be an expansion pack?

yep sims medieval has nothing to do with sims3.
  • Options
    BreakingDawnsHeartBreakingDawnsHeart Posts: 986
    edited August 2010
    I'm not a big fan of these types of quest games. I don't think i'm going to get this.
  • Options
    doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited August 2010
    *sigh* Looks terrible.
    I'd be fine with the game if it at least pretended to be a sims game...
    The lack of build mode and Create a sim really ruins the game for me.

I'd love the idea of the game if we could create our own castles and families. But we can't even do that. Its ridiculous what EA have done to the series. A sims medieval was the most asked feature in the sims 2. Many wanted a simulator based in medieval times with castles, knights, pretty much a new way to live out our sims life. And what do EA give us? A chopped up rpg game with the words "Sims" in it.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    But it's a completly different game, Doodlesam. At least it's intended to be. It's not a lifesimulator, and I know most of us want that, but the game isn't. It's a quest game. Yeah, it's not my thing.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    But it's a completly different game, Doodlesam. At least it's intended to be. It's not a lifesimulator, and I know most of us want that, but the game isn't. It's a quest game. Yeah, it's not my thing.

I know. I just wish it didn't have the words "Sims" in the title. Because its simply not a sims game...
    I just feel as though this is a kinda slap in the face for all the fans that wished and begged EA for a sims game set in another era. I'm just really dissapointed, thats all.

• Options
    edited August 2010
    Hmm. I kinda have to agree also. When I think of sims, I think of life SIMulator. Who knows? The game only is talked about a little. Do we get to see a trailer? Do the sims have needs?
  • Options
    mpgore2004mpgore2004 Posts: 92 Member
    edited August 2010

This is a standalone series, and will have its own expansions.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    mpgore2004 wrote:

This is a standalone series, and will have its own expansions.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just realized you said standalonSERIES not GAME. My bad. :)
  • Options
    thesimdeej33thesimdeej33 Posts: 986 Member
    edited August 2010
    By the way it reads, it sounds like we still get to raise babies and children
  • Options
    DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    edited August 2010
    doodlesam wrote:
    I know. I just wish it didn't have the words "Sims" in the title. Because its simply not a sims game...
    I just feel as though this is a kinda slap in the face for all the fans that wished and begged EA for a sims game set in another era. I'm just really dissapointed, thats all.
    Why do you care if it has the word "Sims" in the title? Honestly, how does it affect you? ;)

IMO, it is a Sims game. It's not the Sims 1/2/3... But I'm sure there are plenty of "Sims" aspects to it.

There is CAS -- it's not as expansive as the one in TS3, but that doesn't mean it's non-existent. We also don't know all of the details about building in the game...

I personally would prefer a more Sim-like experience over a quest-based game, but I'm going to give them a chance to show me what the whole game has to offer before making up my mind. I'm sure it won't be ideal for everyone, but neither was The Sims 2 or the Sims 3... You do remember how those were both heralded as the end of the Sims and not real Sims games, right?

Snap judgments are rarely informed judgments. I think people should wait until we have more than a press release and a handful of screenshots before declaring this the end of modern civilization as we know it :lol:
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Derella wrote:
    doodlesam wrote:
    Why do you care if it has the word "Sims" in the title? Honestly, how does it affect you? ;)

IMO, it is a Sims game. It's not the Sims 1/2/3... But I'm sure there are plenty of "Sims" aspects to it.

There is CAS -- it's not as expansive as the one in TS3, but that doesn't mean it's non-existent. We also don't know all of the details about building in the game...

I think people should wait until we have more than a press release and a handful of screenshots before declaring this the end of modern civilization as we know it :lol:

I personally would prefer a more Sim-like experience over a quest-based game, but I'm going to give them a chance to show me what the whole game has to offer before making up my mind. I'm sure it won't be ideal for everyone, but neither was The Sims 2 or the Sims 3... You do remember how those were both heralded as the end of the Sims and not real Sims games, right?

Because its not a sims game. The sims stands for SIMulator. This is not a simulator. There is no CAS, you pick a sim out of ten premade "Heroes". The only customation you have is the option to name them and the option to select their traits and fatal flaw.
    That is enough for me to declare my hate for this game. The lack of a build mode just makes it worse. In order to "upgrade" your castle you must complete quests...this does not sound like a freeform sandbox game to me. That is what the sims is afterall. And yes, I am annoyed with it having the word "sims" in the title...because it is very misleading.
    Mostly I feel insulted...after all the great suggestions of a sims medieval game, they honestly thinkg the majority of fans will be happy with...this? The sims was the best selling PC game of all time for a reason. Why muck that up EA?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    doodlesam wrote:
    Derella wrote:
    doodlesam wrote:

I think people should wait until we have more than a press release and a handful of screenshots before declaring this the end of modern civilization as we know it :lol:

Because its not a sims game. The sims stands for SIMulator. This is not a simulator. There is no CAS, you pick a sim out of ten premade "Heroes". The only customation you have is the option to name them and the option to select their traits and fatal flaw.
    That is enough for me to declare my hate for this game. The lack of a build mode just makes it worse. In order to "upgrade" your castle you must complete quests...this does not sound like a freeform sandbox game to me. That is what the sims is afterall. And yes, I am annoyed with it having the word "sims" in the title...because it is very misleading.
    Mostly I feel insulted...after all the great suggestions of a sims medieval game, they honestly thinkg the majority of fans will be happy with...this? The sims was the best selling PC game of all time for a reason. Why muck that up EA?

you've only heard alittle about the game they have lots more they could tell us but wont till they know for sure it will be in the game, they may end up not even telling us about some things even if they know it will be ingame to keep it intresting once the player buys it.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    doodlesam wrote:
    Derella wrote:
    doodlesam wrote:

you've only heard alittle about the game they have lots more they could tell us but wont till they know for sure it will be in the game, they may end up not even telling us about some things even if they know it will be ingame to keep it intresting once the player buys it.

I know. But that lack of the above is enough for me to share my dislike for this game. Regardless of what other features they implement, the lack of a propor CAS and build mode is extremly dissapointing and enough for me to pass this game off.
  • Options
    katkotkatkot Posts: 114
    edited August 2010
    AAAwwww i feel sad and the game is coming in 2011 and in 2012 the world will probably end anyway
    i wish there was a possibility to have CAS
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 2,114 New Member
    edited August 2010
    But houses and mansions were not just handed over to anyone in the period, you would have had to do something in the name of the King (or Queen). Though I do find the inclusion of jacobian churches intresting.
  • Options
    SugarysimSugarysim Posts: 440 Member
    edited August 2010
    I am liking the look of this!

Back in Sims 2 I made my own little medieval neighbourhood, but no matter how much custom content I used to make it seem authentic, the gameplay didn't really match or support that fantasy feel.

However...this looks like exactly what I would have wanted back then. I'll be following with avid interest. :D
    E6Gi2HA.png
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    edited August 2010
    planieguy wrote:

I miss Maxis.

You may miss Maxis but EA was running the show at the beginning og the Sims series. Lot of people fail to remember that point.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    DaraddarDaraddar Posts: 102 New Member
    edited August 2010
    doodlesam wrote:
    doodlesam wrote:
    Derella wrote:
    doodlesam wrote:

I know. But that lack of the above is enough for me to share my dislike for this game. Regardless of what other features they implement, the lack of a propor CAS and build mode is extremly dissapointing and enough for me to pass this game off.

I have to agree with Dragonmaster on this... I'm thinking you're being a little thick here. When all you have is a few paragraphs of information and a couple of screenshots, you can't go making speculations like that. Where in there did they say there was no CAS? "...players create heroes". "The Sims Medieval will feature a plethora of customization and moral options".
    They only just announced the game, and it doesn't come out for several more months. A lot can change about a game in a few months. 8)