Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OMG - The Sims Medieval!

Hope I'm not the only one, but I think this is going to be something special.

I'm thinking the depth of the Elder Scrolls with the humour and fun of the Sims that we all know and love.

Just a bit peeved theres so little info on it at the moment and that its not out 'till next year; they certainly kept it a good secret.

Can't wait. :)

Comments

• Options
    eiphos1212eiphos1212 Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited August 2010
    It wasn't particually well kept considering we know about it. haha.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,589 Member
    edited August 2010
    I'm in a wait and see mode. I so want it to be wonderful but I've seen EAs work. :shock:
  • Options
    DiamondkoolDiamondkool Posts: 4,481 Member
    edited August 2010
    I've been heard someone said that before its news appeared. I thought it was fake. :oops:
    7ef6931fe80152dcec309a30cbe73f13.png
    Click on my signature to access my tumblr blog!
  • Options
    DajaboDajabo Posts: 937 New Member
    edited August 2010
    It sounds stupid to me honestly. I'm not a big fan of the middle age. I'm more of a modern type of guy. That's just me. I'll keep my judgement for later.
  • Options
    Hotty5009Hotty5009 Posts: 3,895 Member
    edited August 2010
    Interesting, lol.
  • Options
    dragonmaster626dragonmaster626 Posts: 3,716 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I'm really hoping that EA makes it so that the character we choose to play as will be able to start out as a peasant and work their way up, I've watched alot of things about medieval times and the main hero has alot of the time been some one you never expected them to be.
  • Options
    amzwilldayamzwillday Posts: 4,148 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Yeah i'm looking forward to it. Like it says you can customize other sims different ones, make your own swords,weddings,customize the knights etc etc it does tell you it all in the news fed section on the home page!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I remember how sims1 had midieval type stuff in buy mode, if EA does come out with it, i'll buy it.
  • Options
    mpgore2004mpgore2004 Posts: 92 Member
    edited August 2010
    According to the info we can play as different types of characters; king/queen, bard, knight etc. and the stories/quests are different depending on the character you choose. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,169 Member
    edited August 2010
    Maybe the characters will be related to families from the game like the queen Annabella Goth or something like that... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    lol
  • Options
    jps0228jps0228 Posts: 9,026 Member
    edited August 2010
    2009 at the bottom of the page...
  • Options
    RockieriverRockieriver Posts: 38 New Member
    edited August 2010
    looks good
  • Options
    CouriervaughanCouriervaughan Posts: 20,570 Member
    edited August 2010
    It will be out in 2011
  • Options
    BabySezzaBabySezza Posts: 583 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I honestly cannot wait, it looks really good.
    I hope I don't get disappointed :wink:
  • Options
    Renyc7Renyc7 Posts: 1,167 Member
    edited August 2010
    I'm going to defintely buy it, to support the developers in their effort to change the series into a full RPG game. Hopefully the Sims Medieval won't be the first or last of it's kind. I hope they will make many more like this because I will buy them all, and hope that RPG games will be in the future for the sims.

as I am no longer interested in playing a simulation games anymore.

• Options
    doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Its not my cup of tea...
    I dislike the lack of Build mode and propor aging. And the limited CAS along with the fact that you cannot create a family or more than one hero.
    It just looks like a wasted opportunity to me.
  • Options
    SmeeliaSmeelia Posts: 2,334 New Member
    edited August 2010
    doodlesam wrote:
    Its not my cup of tea...
    I dislike the lack of Build mode and propor aging. And the limited CAS along with the fact that you cannot create a family or more than one hero.
    It just looks like a wasted opportunity to me.

It does say you can "customise every new hero that comes to the Kingdom", so you might be able to control more than one character (or at least customise them and maybe switch between them).

I'm interested in finding out what building up the Kingdom involves, if there'll be strategic decisions in what to spend resources on and where to place buildings/upgrades or if they'll just be added automatically when unlocked.

To be honest there are quite a few RPG games I enjoy already so if The Sims Medieval is just a light RPG then it wont appeal to me as much. If it's more of a strategic management game then I'll be more interested, I'd rather decide the fate of the whole Kingdom than just control a single Hero. At the moment it's an idea that has potential and might turn out to be a great game :).
  • Options
    Josieii_AvocadoJosieii_Avocado Posts: 43 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I thought I saw an article about The Sims Medieval, but now I can't find it.

I also couldn't find a main thread for TSM, so I'm posting here.

My biggest hope is that this game is, in a way, an advanced Harvest Moon. I've played Another Wonderful Life and Magical Melody. I LOVED and ADORED AWL--I thought the graphics and weather were perfect. With MM, the festivals and timing were better.

My only pet peeves are that my children don't grow up in MM, I can barely customize my character and my home, and after my player dies, the game is over. I've never liked RPG games because I hate endings to things. I hate endings to books; I hate endings to movies. I'd rather just leave the book closed than finish the book. I think this is why I love the Sims so dearly.

Okay. Wow. Let's get back on-topic here. The article about TSM had a suspicious quote at the bottom, which I can only paraphrase now. It was something about battling and making babies. I can't imagine that there wouldn't be some sort of gameplay after the story is over--we could with Castaway (for the record, I loved Castaway). If it's true there can only be one playable character per household, then I wouldn't mind as long as I could choose an heir.

Another issue I forsee: animals, or lack thereof. People in the Middle Ages depended on horses, cows, sheep, chickens (etc.) to provide their family with food, money, and transportation, did they not? Castaway was released after TS2 Pets, and had orangatans, jaguars, and hyena-type-things.

Which raises the question: When will our Sims 3 Simmies have puppies, kittens, ponies, and chickens running about? Will there be a Sims 3 Farmlife somewhere between now and Spring 2011? I mentally drool at the thought.

It's too early to say for sure, but not too early to speculate. Hungry Sims fans are clamoring for pets--EA has to give in some time, right?

No, not really, but I like to call myself an optimist.

This post is unnecessarily long, but I need somewhere to "vent" my fermenting desire for a farming simulation in which I can breed horses.

:mrgreen: yea. uh-huh. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    TPB01TPB01 Posts: 1,978 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I like the idea of this game, just waiting for more information as it comes out.
  • Options
    LazyGrimLazyGrim Posts: 104 Member
    edited August 2010
    Renyc7 wrote:
    I'm going to defintely buy it, to support the developers in their effort to change the series into a full RPG game. Hopefully the Sims Medieval won't be the first or last of it's kind. I hope they will make many more like this because I will buy them all, and hope that RPG games will be in the future for the sims.

as I am no longer interested in playing a simulation games anymore.

This game DOES look like fun, but remember EA's recent attempts to mix sims and rpgs? WA was TERRIBLE (for those who could play it without their game repeatedly dying of bugs, and the AMB quests were bland and annoying after the first 3 times. There are lots of other games with better track records coming out in Q1... Witcher 2 (I think), Dragon Age 2, Fable 3 (I think), Guild Wars 2 (probably), MAYBE even Elder Scrolls V (heard somewhere that anoher company might make it next year.) With so many awesome games coming out, and the new lack of trust in EA's abilities, I don't really think this game will do very well at all, let alone well enough for EA to change the sims into an rpg. I'm all for a sub-franchise of medieval sims though, as long as they actually make a decent game. I know I'll prob get it anyways, just for a change of pace.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    TPB48 wrote:
    I like the idea of this game, just waiting for more information as it comes out.

Agreed.
  • Options
    aleneghan619aleneghan619 Posts: 4,947 Member
    edited August 2010
    I will be buying it.
    tumblr_inline_movqnq54lT1qz4rgp.gif

• Options
    edited August 2010
    I will be buying it.

Same here, can't wait
  • Options
    xyobxyob Posts: 588 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I'm not going to buy it, medieval history isn't really my cup of tea.

(speaking of tea, better go make some.)