Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Getting Medieval with Sims?? WHAT?

i just caught this:

http://www.thesims3.com/community/news.html?selMonth=7&selYear=2010#1950881557

Get Medieval with the Sims!
POSTED ON 08/03/10 05:34 PM

We are delighted to announce The Sims™ Medieval, a new game currently in development that places the popular Sims™ characters from The Sims™ game into the Middle Ages and brings players robust, compelling gameplay never seen before in the history of The Sims. For the first time, players can create heroes, venture on quests, build and control a kingdom, and play every Hero Sim ™ character in the land. Creativity will soar as players tell stories like never before full of drama, romance, conflict, and comedy.

The Sims Medieval offers players a chance to build up a medieval kingdom, controlling characters from all walks of life, from Kings and Queens, to Knights and Wizards, Blacksmiths and Bards. It provides a host of storytelling possibilities in the form of quests, from crafting a legendary sword to arranging a royal wedding, to protecting the kingdom from an evil sorcerer, to finding the fountain of youth. Every quest plays out differently depending on which Hero Sim the player is controlling.

Players can choose to customize every new Hero that comes to the kingdom, including selecting their traits and their fatal flaw. Players get close to their characters, not only sending them on epic quests, but also making sure they carry out their daily responsibilities such as healing the sick, trading for exotic goods, or forging armour - what happens to their Sims is up to the player. The time of romance and chivalry is back with The Sims Medieval. More details can be found at http://www.thesimsmedieval.com. Out Spring 2011.

what do you guys think? I wasnt interested but after seeing the site im interested!

Comments

• Options
    Zppy972Zppy972 Posts: 568 Member
    edited August 2010
    I post this already but they didn't have a news page up yet.
  • Options
    RogerioMelloRogerioMello Posts: 69 Member
    edited August 2010
    It'd be great if this was an expansion pack, but it's a brand new game, so let's wait for more material to check it out. :wink:
  • Options
    Chloe0610Chloe0610 Posts: 119
    edited August 2010
    Why cant it be an expasion pack :(
  • Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited August 2010
    If it is on sale for a really good price, then I will pick it up. That is what I did with all of the sims stories games. I would never pay full price for any of them because they all do have limited replay value.
  • Options
    imameerkatimameerkat Posts: 1,581 New Member
    edited August 2010
    It will be upsetting for most people when they realise it isnt a expansion pack...
    Most peoples sims games arnt even working and yet they are thinking of buying this one along with the sims3, which would probably mess up their computer lol
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited August 2010
    I'm salivating! I just hope it has the same depth as s3. I thought it would be an ep too, but it seems that it would be easier for them to make a new game with the concept, I mean, the nuts and bolts of how the sims operate would have to be completely different to create a feudal society.

I also they keep it on the same site, I like discussing the game with everyone. I wish people were not so touchy about discussing s2 here.

If they get it right it will be fantastic, but if they don't it could spell trouble.
  • Options
    GeorgefPlayGeorgefPlay Posts: 4,459 Member
    edited August 2010
    Is the link to the site working for you? Cause it doesn't for me...

BTW I read somewhere that the game will have no build mode and almost no CAS.It doesn't sound like "Sims" to me.I'll wait for more info and maybe I'll get it to check it out if I get interested...
  • Options
    NokuoroNokuoro Posts: 3,413 New Member
    edited August 2010
    hmm.. it really doesn't interest me..
    I really can not see my sim running around with swords and outdated clothing..

just my opinion.. but im really not a fan of RPG's, the only RPG i liked was The Sims 2 Castaways
  • Options
    igzigpuffigzigpuff Posts: 2,634 Member
    edited August 2010
    Not sure if I will get it, although I did buy the Castaway and Life Stories stand alone games and thought those were fun. I agree that having no build mode and limited CAS functions is disappointing. :?

The pic that shows the one Sim laying on a stretching rack does seem interesting. I wonder if you will be able to um...torture your Sims. :twisted: Would the end result of being stretched add a few inches to your Sim? :lol:
  • Options
    PurpleThistlesPurpleThistles Posts: 618 Member
    edited August 2010
    I will definitely buy it, I love the medieval era and will quite happily play it as well as the sims 3 and its expansions. So excited!
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited August 2010
    I'm glad they made it a standalone game, for my Sims games I want city, urban life. But having this as a standalone game (can you say Camelot :wink: ) will be awesome!
  • Options
    TPB01TPB01 Posts: 1,978 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I always thought an EP into another time would be interesting, not sure about a new game. Have to wait for further details, but looks interesting to me.
  • Options
    NpisvajNpisvaj Posts: 729 Member
    edited August 2010
    I think it's neat!
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited August 2010
    I hope (although, I'll probably be disappointed) that this is not an RPG. I want a Life Simulator, that is about Medieval Society and Community. There is room for it! I swear there is. Although, it looks like you're only going to play a hero and fulfill quests and ambitions. But, what's the point in that? There are already plenty of quest oriented medieval games out there.

Sims lends itself to the medieval style genre, inasmuch, as it is about social boundaries, secession, culture, family legacies and more. Just add a hierarchy, a little political incorrectness and there you go. Just tell that I can play anyone (king, noble, peasant) and that my sims can live, die, and procreate, and I can relax a little bit.

Edit: Okay, I just read a bit more, it's summer my reading comprehension skills are a little lax. You can control a king, queen, etc, but it keeps throwing around that hero word. What in blazes do they mean by a hero? Is that just another word for sim?
  • Options
    ladynaavaladynaava Posts: 1,243 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I'm really excited. Especially that it is not just an expansion. It opens the world up to new sim ideas such as... sims in space.

Plus the midieval era would be full of differnt things such as horses, jousting etc. This is a whole new venue! I can't wait!
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited August 2010
    AthenaOnyx wrote:
    I hope (although, I'll probably be disappointed) that this is not an RPG. I want a Life Simulator, that is about Medieval Society and Community. There is room for it! I swear there is. Although, it looks like you're only going to play a hero and fulfill quests and ambitions. But, what's the point in that? There are already plenty of quest oriented medieval games out there.

Sims lends itself to the medieval style genre, inasmuch, as it is about social boundaries, secession, culture, family legacies and more. Just add a hierarchy, a little political incorrectness and there you go. Just tell that I can play anyone (king, noble, peasant) and that my sims can live, die, and procreate, and I can relax a little bit.

Edit: Okay, I just read a bit more, it's summer my reading comprehension skills are a little lax. You can control a king, queen, etc, but it keeps throwing around that hero word. What in blazes do they mean by a hero? Is that just another word for sim?

Well on simsprograms it said something about having a baby, so I'm guessing we can procreate. :) I'll just be happy if my sims have to actually court each other (well for nobility) and if it has rival families trying to get the throne, the ability to be betrothed at birth or when children, and lots of royal intrigue. If it has all those elements I don't even care if it's more RPG based. But I'm thinking the "heroes" might be a term for a job or station in life, like now we have professions and jobs in the Sims3.
  • Options
    SmalpSmalp Posts: 2,905 New Member
    edited August 2010
    interesting but I'm not very in to that because I prefer to play real rpg with real blood and gore :?
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    edited August 2010
    Amazon.com release 5/11 price $59.99.More details at Gamespot.com
  • Options
    SIMIAN6SIMIAN6 Posts: 307 Member
    edited August 2010
    this is because of the castle builders :? they should be putting out better EP's actually the fact that they've been working on this explains a lot about where their attentions are,not on the main game. :|
  • Options
    sgreen37sgreen37 Posts: 821 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I think it'll be interesting. I'm not too upset about the no building thing, but I do worry about what we are supposed to do when our medieval sims have babies if we can't add on rooms. But I loved sims castaway stories mainly because it was playing sims without modern conveniences. I definitely buying this.

What will disappoint me the most about it is if they don't have babies and die and all that sim stuff.
  • Options
    4thefunofit44thefunofit4 Posts: 3,032 Member
    edited August 2010
    Amazon.com release 5/11 price $59.99.More details at Gamespot.com
    forget that, im sticking to the pc version for now.

60 bucks?? :shock: :shock:
  • Options
    Mad_MattMad_Matt Posts: 96 New Member
    edited August 2010
    i cant wait i have been thinking for sometime now how cool it would be to have medieval sims but i hope it does have the sims in it not just characters.
    and i hope it is correct in the way people act and stuff like they really are from medeival times. it would be disterbing though if you can marry a cousin or sister/brother i dont mind if they leave that out of the game.
    but i hope you can make a building or new room they could do it by making you have to hire a builder to make it and make it take some sim days.
  • Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited August 2010
    Meh...I think it's a cool concept but I'm personally glad it's not an EP. I prefer urban life, like someone else before me said. I never got into the medieval stuff, even when I was little. While it looks interesting, it just doesn't appeal to me.

• Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    edited August 2010
    Is EA getting over it's head and forgetting what the sims are really about and more focused on the bottom line then the product ?.

1.Fast Lane 2.Late Night 3.Sims 3 Xbox 360/PS3 4.Medieval Sims

My point is when got so many projects going on at once something is bound to get screwed up.WA was ok but it has been forgotten about and never fully fixed like the Axe problem.AMB is a little better then WA but still the running bug hasn't been fixed or the consignment store.

It's awesome to see the Sims going in a different direction but I got a bad feeling that all future EP will suffer and more bugs will become the norm.
  • Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited August 2010
    Is EA getting over it's head and forgetting what the sims are really about and more focused on the bottom line then the product ?.

1.Fast Lane 2.Late Night 3.Sims 3 Xbox 360/PS3 4.Medieval Sims

My point is when got so many projects going on at once something is bound to get screwed up.WA was ok but it has been forgotten about and never fully fixed like the Axe problem.AMB is a little better then WA but still the running bug hasn't been fixed or the consignment store.

It's awesome to see the Sims going in a different direction but I got a bad feeling that all future EP will suffer and more bugs will become the norm.

I am afraid of this too. There are some times I believe this would be the last successful Sims series. Sim City and The Sims is what got us here. If they neglect their Sims (whatever #) games, then the rest will fall. TS3 and it's expansions are the big sellers. Not Mysims. Not the console games. And this won't be, either. That is not to say it won't be a hit, but Sims 3 (or 1, or 2, or 4, or 5.. etc) is more universal and is what spawned all of these other games. I hope their main focus is on TS3 and it's EP's right now.