Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Medieval Sims

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    MaulRat17MaulRat17 Posts: 903 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Erpe wrote:
    MaulRat17 wrote:
    I'm sorry to tell you, but it sounds like it's going to be like WA and even more story-driven.
    Not only that. It isn't a normal Sims game at all:

"The destiny of the kingdom rests in the players’ hands. Will players build up their kingdom through internal expansion, or perhaps look for a more imperial type of domination, expanding their rule by conquering territories?" (from http://www.ea.com/news/get-medieval-with-new-series-from-the-sims-studio)

When has strategic "conquering territories" has anything to do with a Sims game?

The announcement also says:

“The Sims Medieval offers a new way for players to experience The Sims which we hope fans will enjoy, and it features gameplay that fans of strategy and role-playing games will find appealing such as controlling an entire kingdom and quest-based gameplay mechanics.”

So it isn't a simulation at all. It is a game with RPG and strategy.

It sounds like EA is trying to appeal to a broader range of players. Perhaps they think if they get some more people hooked on the Sims this way, that they'll enjoy the rest of the series and buy the other games? Many of my friends tell me they would like the Sims more if it wasn't so open-ended. They say they get distracted and bored quickly. Who knows, maybe Medieval Sims is for these people.
  • Options
    KayO199XKayO199X Posts: 722 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Keep in mind, this game isn't comming out untill spring. The final game might be very different from what they have annonced.

Even if they are planning and RPG/Stratagy game, it's probably still early enough in the production process that fans like us could influence the final game. We might be able to convence them to stick to the life simulation game they are good at.

That's what i want this game to be. I life simulation game set in the middle ages. There are so many RPGs set in the middle ages, another game just wouldn't stand out. On the other hand, there has never been a life simulation game set in the middle ages so, so this idea would be very unique.
  • Options
    MaulRat17MaulRat17 Posts: 903 New Member
    edited August 2010
    KayO199X wrote:
    Keep in mind, this game isn't comming out untill spring. The final game might be very different from what they have annonced.

Even if they are planning and RPG/Stratagy game, it's probably still early enough in the production process that fans like us could influence the final game. We might be able to convence them to stick to the life simulation game they are good at.

That's what i want this game to be. I life simulation game set in the middle ages. There are so many RPGs set in the middle ages, another game just wouldn't stand out. On the other hand, there has never been a life simulation game set in the middle ages so, so this idea would be very unique.

Very good observation.
  • Options
    tarylljdjtarylljdj Posts: 774 Member
    edited August 2010
    Well... I don't know if this is a rumor or true but I like the concept of medieval times I hope they come out with the game becasue it sounds like it would be something different and fun to play. :D
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited August 2010
    KayO199X wrote:
    I don't believe so. The game has nothing to do with the Sims 3 to do and EA hasn't planned it as a real Sims game.

I think that it is a strategic RPG game where your hero is the only character who you can modify in some kind of "CAS". Maybe you can modify the look a little more than in other RPG games which could be one of EA's reasons for calling it a "Sims" game which it obviously isn't.

The game of course isn't finished. But EA wouldn't have announced it and released pictures from the game unless its design was finished. Therefore only small details balancing the game can still be changed.
  • Options
    SuzetteRSuzetteR Posts: 152 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Sounds more like an RTS to me. Heard they want to charge $60 for it. In this economy--that price tag is just too high and sales will reflect that fact.