Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chemistry?

Does anybody else miss chemistry from TS2? I used to always base my decision on whether or not sims in TS2 would get married based on their voltage. I know many don't want this EP to just be a dump of TS2 features and I totally agree, but this is one of the few features I want returned. I figured that since nobody is really mentioning it, I might as well.

And yes, I suppose trait compatibility can work as chemistry, but sometimes you can like someone in spite of their traits and vice-versa. Sort of like you love hating them? There's always that random aspect of love that traits don't convey, but chemistry does.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    edited July 2010
    If they brought back chemistry, they'd have to bring back turn ons and turn offs.

With how limited the choices were in TS2, if they brought it back I hope that they really gave it some customization. Between liking blondes or brunettes, people with blue eyes or brown (though with the way of changing eye color in TS3 that makes it a little harder to do unless there are "schools" of color that custom eye colors can fall in to), traits would really have to come into play. Someone may be a sucker for an artist, or a great cook. Some may like a childish person because they themselves have the family oriented trait and feel the need to have an extra person to help take care of.

There are tons of combinations that would make sense, but it all depends. If they made it too simplistic, I wouldn't want it but what can ya do? *shrug*
    Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela
  • Options
    ShyneiaShyneia Posts: 705
    edited July 2010
    I don't think they'll bring it back the way we know it, although it sure would be nice with a system where our simmies are attracted to some but not to others. I guess we'll have to be patient and see what EA is up to this time 8)
  • Options
    AngelaKayeAngelaKaye Posts: 757 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Shyneia wrote:
    I don't think they'll bring it back the way we know it, although it sure would be nice with a system where our simmies are attracted to some but not to others. I guess we'll have to be patient and see what EA is up to this time 8)

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for too.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,419 Member
    edited July 2010
    I'd love to have the scope room thing back at least. And some intricate form of chemistry from the Sims2 would be nice as well. I'm really hoping this EP gives us back a better form of dating than what we have now.
  • Options
    GurlGamer05GurlGamer05 Posts: 336 Member
    edited July 2010
    I just want a true dating experience. Like actually being able to go into restaurants and more public woo-hoo.
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited July 2010
    I miss chemistry more than I do anything else. It doesn't real when sims are just attracted to everyone equally.

I think it will be much better in s3, because of the trait system. Sims could be attracted to certain skills, body types, light hair v. dark hair, light eyes v. dark eyes, job types, etc.

Then, also, certain traits could be attracted to other traits. Like two sims who love the outdoors have common interests, so like doing things together, and feel connected with each other. Romantic sims could like great kissers. Or, unlucky sims might be attracted to lucky sims because they need a little luck in their lives.
  • Options
    MeekoSeekoMeekoSeeko Posts: 19 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Oh my god, yes! I loved that about ts2. I'm not sure how they would be able to do that with eye colors and hair colors though, so it would have to be more about the traits. I know my vegetarian simmies would love a Green Thumb or Loves the Outdoors sim!
  • Options
    sgreen37sgreen37 Posts: 821 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I'm sure Grant Rodiek is keeping some things a secret until the game comes out. And they are still making the game and they have 3 months to go so they have plenty of time to put more things in the game. He may have just been avoiding questions about this kind of thing so he can keep SOMETHING a secret. lol