Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help!! Weird Genetics!!!

Does anyone know how the genetics work in this game? I got the weirdest thing that came out of my simself and my boyfriend (husband tonight!!)...

We both have green eyes so to add variety I made a different shade for both of us. Then when we had 3 kids. First a girl that came out with my eyes, then another girl that came out with my boyfriend/future husband's eyes, and then a son that came out with BROWN eyes!!!

:shock:

Our son had two kids, one of them came out with my eyes but seriously... Where did the brown eyes come from??! We were both made in CAS!

Comments

• Options
    stargemSM1stargemSM1 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Well I've got to g with the laws of nature here. In RL the 'default' eye color is brown and it only stands to reason there would be brown eyed children, even though both you and your spouse have varying shades of green eyes.

With that said, the developers may have done the same thing...default is brown and there will be brown eyed decdendents.

• Options
    kalmbachgkalmbachg Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It's very possible for 2 green-eyed parents to have a brown eyed child.
    it all depends on the gene set... I'm not good at explaining it but you can check it out here: http://www.athro.com/evo/inherit.html
  • Options
    MsShadelingMsShadeling Posts: 163 Member
    edited June 2009
    Does anyone know how the genetics work in this game? I got the weirdest thing that came out of my simself and my boyfriend (husband tonight!!)...

We both have green eyes so to add variety I made a different shade for both of us. Then when we had 3 kids. First a girl that came out with my eyes, then another girl that came out with my boyfriend/future husband's eyes, and then a son that came out with BROWN eyes!!!

:shock:

Our son had two kids, one of them came out with my eyes but seriously... Where did the brown eyes come from??! We were both made in CAS!

Yeah, that's mainly because genetics was not taken to the next level in Sims 3, essentially taking a backseat in the gameplay. Sims 2 genetics were much better and I just don't understand why EAxis seemingly didn't feel genetics were an essential component for Sims 3.