Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sherry's Tiny Country Starter with HORSES! A must see to appreciate!

cameonet1950cameonet1950 Posts: 2,138 Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
My PC died in the middle of the BNS Summer Camp challenge so I missed it but “Team SKJ” did NOT! This team included: Sherry1968 - built, Kitkat – landscaped & jasnik82 – decorated … who received “Honorable Mention” in the grouped Intermediate/Intermediate-Advanced/Advanced categories and their work was/IS brilliant! The whole package is worth another look so I’m including it HERE too but at the end of this post. Unfortunately, the cc HORSE objects by Dragon Slave (who ever you are and THANK YOU) prevented her from uploading it to the TS3 exchange so she used MediaFire but downloading it was a SNAP!

I created a Sim for Sherry1968 using my latest CAP pattern I made for the White Box challenge and then finished the house using the horse objects she shared with us from her Lake & Stable lot of the Summer Camp challenge. The Sim, Sherry Morgan, is in my studio but I had to use MediaFire to upload the house due to the horse objects. Again, it’s a snap to download! Even if you don’t like the house (duh!), downloading it will not only give you the horses in 3 recolorable poses, you’ll also get many of my original CAP patterns too!
Here’s an idea of what you can expect:

Sherry resting with her horse, Lantzz, before giving a riding lesson:
Screenshot.jpg
My CAP "Rose Bouquet" pattern applied here for Sherry's parade/rodeo outfit:
Sherry1.jpg
Nice shot of how it applies to her hat and boots!
Sherry2.jpg
Sweet pic of the other horses ... a dapple-gray and my palomino, Pasha. Sims can sit on the log in the game. The football is actually for the horses to play with in "real life" but for now, they are just statues in the game. Maybe some day they'll become "interactive?" Yes, horses DO play with balls and it's great fun to watch and/or even participate!
Horeses.jpg
My rose and wheather-faded wood patterns applied in this old-fashioned, country styled living room:
Screenshot-65.jpg
Lantzz nibbling on some hay in their modest shed, the dapple-gray whinnying at a truck that just drove by and Pasha nickering at the sound of someone opening the front door:
Screenshot-1.jpg

Link to the house via MediaFire:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/09uft1npy2y2nq7/Sherry's Tiny Country Starter.Sims3Pack

Finally...all links to the “Team SKJ” BNS Summer Camp challenge! If anything, you MUST check out the media link! Thanks again, Sherry! Giddy UP & YA HOOOOOO!

Girls' Cabins: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mxzyjryqi2k/Happy Hills Girls Cabins.Sims3Pack
Boys' Cabins: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zdzgom00ffi/Happy Hills Boys Cabins.Sims3Pack
Lake and Stable: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jmnmfwtzjym/Happy Hi...s Lake and Stable v2.Sims3Pack
Outdoor Theater: http://www.mediafire.com/file/wiyjymm0kmk/Happy Hills Outdoor Theater.Sims3Pack
Link to media: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/220454.page#2706142

ENJOY!
:wink: Cameo

TS3Siggy.jpg
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited July 2010
    Thanks Cameo - glad you liked our build :) Your starter is fantastic! Love your patterns and the horses and their barn are such fun. Have a virtual rec from me!
  • Options
    Cullen23Cullen23 Posts: 236 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I love it! Great job! Where will the horses be found in the game after download?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Cullen23 wrote:
    I love it! Great job! Where will the horses be found in the game after download?

Misc decorations! :D
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Thanks Cameo - glad you liked our build :) Your starter is fantastic! Love your patterns and the horses and their barn are such fun. Have a virtual rec from me!

Thanks, KittKat! DITTO!
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Do Dragon Slave's other horses work too?

http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=141051
  • Options
    Sherry1968Sherry1968 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Thank you Cameo! You are soo sweet!! :wink:

I love the house - very nice country feel. I especially like the living room furniture. Your pattern looks great there! And perfect little run in for the horses. It is awesome! Virtual recs from me too. :thumbup:

Cullen23 - sorry those are for Sims 2. They don't work in Sims 3. :( She had a rideable horse in sims 2 - I LOVED it! lol. I so miss my rideable horses for sims.

romagi - Thanks for posting the link. I posted them on my thread to be sure there was proper credit. I am so glad dragonslave made them and victor converted them! Definitely adds to my game, even if they are just statues. :mrgreen:

EDIT: I forgot to mention - Cameo you will love this - the other horse I've had forever (even longer than lantzz) was a dapple grey when she was younger. Now she's kind of just a fleabitten grey. Still pretty though, at 33 years of age. :wink: So you can call her Ara if you want to, lol.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Thank you sherry1968 for letting me know and romagi for the link!! I'm off to build my ranch/farm :)
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    cullen, you will need 7zip to open the files, too. i can find the link, but I think it's posted on my media thread for the summer camp. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll post it here.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I've got it already :) I had to download it awhile ago to download stuff from TSR and ModTheSims
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Sherry1968 wrote:
    I forgot to mention - Cameo you will love this - the other horse I've had forever (even longer than lantzz) was a dapple grey when she was younger. Now she's kind of just a fleabitten grey. Still pretty though, at 33 years of age. :wink: So you can call her Ara if you want to, lol.

Mine was a nasty, though amazingly beautiful, Shetland Pony when I was 12...well, he was supposed to be my kid sister's after I trained him. His name was Lil' Feller and I hated him! He was a biter & kicker until gelded. Take THAT you little brat! His mean-streak turned into pranks and his favorite was stealing my hat and running with it! Worthless to ride so we sold him and he eventually became a great little buggy pony. Ara it is for this gorgeous grown Arabian! Hope you have a few more years left with her too.
    :wink:
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    LOL, I had a shetland pony as a first horse, but she was a sweetheart - a brown and white pinto color. Who knows how old she was, because we bought her when she was 9 or 10, and then kept finding other people who had bought her when she was 9 or 10! ROFL She was probably 45 or so. :wink: One of these days I will have to post pics of my "ponies". (In my "spare" time!)
  • Options
    kimwriter75kimwriter75 Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited July 2010
    Cameo, this is adorable! I love how detailed you got with it and your patterns are awesome. I know Sherry is happy too! Sorry your puter died during the Summer Camp challenge as well. I love love love the horses. I used to work with Percherons and Belgians. This has me missing that! :(

Many virtual recs for you! :thumbup:
    Imagination > Knowledge
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Sherry1968 wrote:
    LOL, I had a shetland pony as a first horse, but she was a sweetheart - a brown and white pinto color. Who knows how old she was, because we bought her when she was 9 or 10, and then kept finding other people who had bought her when she was 9 or 10! ROFL She was probably 45 or so. :wink: One of these days I will have to post pics of my "ponies". (In my "spare" time!)

Awww! Bet she just finally found a GOOD home and was appreciative but then she was a SHE too. I'm sending you 2 PMs over at BsB and then I'll leave you alone for a while. One PM is the REAL reason why Lil'Feller was gelded. Talk about ROFL! You'll LOVE it!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I used to work with Percherons and Belgians. This has me missing that! :(

Those are crazy HUGE horses so I'm interested to know how you "worked" with them. I can't find you as a member on Builders' Boulevard where we can PM each other! If you aren't a member and would like to be, here's the link to join: http://www.buildersboulevard.com/apps/blog/

And I'm still looking for your Summer Camp media presentation. I'm not much of popcorn fan but my big bag of potato chips and dip will be ready for the event!
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • Options
    TenderWolfTenderWolf Posts: 1,277 Member
    edited July 2010
    I love the horses! That's awesome! Now this may sound silly, but how do I download the house and everything from MediaFire? I go to the link but don't see a link to download it. I've never used it before. hehe
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Hey TenderWolf! If you go to the link for Sherry's tiny Country Starter, you should see the name in the middle of the page, and just below that is a box that says: "Click here to start download" Click on those words and wait a few seconds and it should start to download. Let me know if you still can't find it! :wink:
  • Options
    addict1220addict1220 Posts: 3,778 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Missed commenting on this collaboration the first time around. SO much attention to detail here. You all did a wonderful job. Nice work with terraforming and landscaping to add beautiful detail to the lot. The cc you selected is well used (eg. log benches and horses) and totally fitting the theme. I cannot imagine the number of hours put into building, decorating, and storytelling!

Thanks so much for really taking off with this one. Very nice work.

Addict
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Oh thank you, Addict! That's VERY sweet of you. Sherry and I appreciate it too. I KNOW! Sherry's sharing of these amazing horses was discovered right on the heals of my CAP patterns for Anjubee's White Box challenge. The timing was amazing and kind of spooky too. Love it and we're still chatting about it on your site.

With that, I HAVE to thank you again SO VERY much for Bs'B! It's great to be able to chat one-on-one with other simmers there, especially when it comes to something as cool as THIS kind of connection. OUTSTANDING!

Luv ya!
    :D Cameo

PS: Any idea with the White Box challenge will be judged? :wink:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I finally found the "Long Water Trough" and the big round one too! :oops:
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • Options
    TenderWolfTenderWolf Posts: 1,277 Member
    edited July 2010
    Yay I found it! Okay I must've clicked something wrong somewhere. rofl I think I'll start using MediaFire for some of my creations that aren't working for the Exchange. Thanks! And good job! :)

EDIT:

Okay, there seems to be a problem with installing it. I double-clicked it to install it and it says Fiery Falls is already installed. So I don't know if it's a wrong file or what's going on. :(
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited July 2010
    Oh wow! I love this! A ranch style starter with horses and barns! I am drooling at those horse pics! :P Why don't EA make a farm animals expansion pack? Instead of bringing back the old favourites from sims 1 and sims 2, why don't they bring out an ep based on a fresh concept? There are lots of simmers who would be so happy to have farm animals in their game!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Hey Tenderwolf, sorry it's giving you so many problems. Did you check your launcher under installed content to see if it was installed there? And it should be Sherry's tiny Country Starter, not Fiery Falls. :? I am sooo confused! lol. When you go to mediafire, what is the name of the lot there?

Addict - LOL - I wasn't sure if you were commenting on Cameo's lot or mine, kitkat, and jasnik's. If it was ours, thank you very much. It was fun! Cameo's is great, too! I'm glad other people are enjoying the horses! :mrgreen:

Yanti - I don't see why they can't include pets and farm animals in the same expansion. It would be a lot of the same animations. :P But my fave would definitely be farm animals!

Cameo - Have we gone OT enough, yet? :lol:
  • Options
    JudilandJudiland Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited July 2010
    Oh my thats lovely, can you actually "ride " the horses or are they only decorative?
  • Options
    kimwriter75kimwriter75 Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited July 2010
    I used to work with Percherons and Belgians. This has me missing that! :(

Those are crazy HUGE horses so I'm interested to know how you "worked" with them. I can't find you as a member on Builders' Boulevard where we can PM each other! If you aren't a member and would like to be, here's the link to join: http://www.buildersboulevard.com/apps/blog/

And I'm still looking for your Summer Camp media presentation. I'm not much of popcorn fan but my big bag of potato chips and dip will be ready for the event!

Found you over there Cameo and I left you a friend request.
    Imagination > Knowledge

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top