The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What should be the next expansion pack???

What do you think? I personally think something like Sims 2 Seasons.

Comments

• Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited July 2010
    Magic!
  • Options
    puppyluvvpuppyluvv Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited July 2010
    Pets!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D
    generation-two-banner-trait.png?w=640
    Our Lives are Better Left to Chance - A Legacy
  • Options
    CouriervaughanCouriervaughan Posts: 20,570 Member
    edited July 2010
    Fantasy or Magic
  • Options
    doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Something that revolves purely around our sims social or family life. We don't need another mission-y type expansion pack. Just one that adds new fun objects and activities. :D
    One that adds the life simulator aspect of the game back into the picture.

Whats the point in having a big, open neighborhood if the only we can do in it is fish at the park!? :P
  • Options
    dylsoccer12dylsoccer12 Posts: 9,357 New Member
    edited July 2010
    They need to save magic for last. Im all for weather though! :D
  • Options
    ErickahuErickahu Posts: 186
    edited July 2010
    Magic. Weather will lag my game, even on my good computer, because it'll have to animate the whole world, not just one lot. And I hated both Pet EPs because they're so time-intensive. Real animals don't need to be coddled every second of every day.
    Also the concept of Farms/Zoo seems stupid to me. There are other games where you can have farms and zoos. The Sims, I don't see the point.

Also, University was probably the EP I used the least, so I don't want that.

I want either Magic, or something completely new and different. Though I would like some more vacation destinations and places to go. The adventure-driven gameplay is nice and I enjoy it, but I'd like a place for my sims to relax without having to do tasks to stay longer.
  • Options
    simsfashion20simsfashion20 Posts: 191 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Erickahu wrote:
    Magic. Weather will lag my game, even on my good computer, because it'll have to animate the whole world, not just one lot. And I hated both Pet EPs because they're so time-intensive. Real animals don't need to be coddled every second of every day.
    Also the concept of Farms/Zoo seems stupid to me. There are other games where you can have farms and zoos. The Sims, I don't see the point.

Also, University was probably the EP I used the least, so I don't want that.

I want either Magic, or something completely new and different. Though I would like some more vacation destinations and places to go. The adventure-driven gameplay is nice and I enjoy it, but I'd like a place for my sims to relax without having to do tasks to stay longer.

yeah i would love a weather one but a really good point there. And yes, I agree with whats the point on having farm animals. But i did like university.and im not sure about magic :?
  • Options
    Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited July 2010
    something completely irrelevant to all of our requests

but we will buy it anyway be kinda disappointed and then continue begging for nightlife and seasons..
  • Options
    NpisvajNpisvaj Posts: 729 Member
    edited July 2010
    I would love it if they made the "Season"-like expansion.
  • Options
    maglcmaglc Posts: 1,921 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Season, Pets or Nightlife
  • Options
    SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    edited July 2010
    After Dark XD
  • Options
    simsfashion20simsfashion20 Posts: 191 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Tony89 wrote:
    something completely irrelevant to all of our requests

but we will buy it anyway be kinda disappointed and then continue begging for nightlife and seasons..

ur completely right!
  • Options
    MissChatterboxMissChatterbox Posts: 4,277 New Member
    edited July 2010
    doodlesam wrote:
    Something that revolves purely around our sims social or family life. We don't need another mission-y type expansion pack. Just one that adds new fun objects and activities. :D
    One that adds the life simulator aspect of the game back into the picture.

Whats the point in having a big, open neighborhood if the only we can do in it is fish at the park!? :P

I totally agree with that I hope there wont be another mission based EP for a while because I takes away from the open gameplay that is the sims :D.
  • Options
    pdxwinnpdxwinn Posts: 1,787 Member
    edited July 2010
    I totally agree with Doodlesam and Chatterbox - EA created a seamless neighborhood where you can go from point A to point B with no loading. You can visit your friends and family in their respective homes and sometimes, their jobs.

I am all about having more interactions between Sims added to the game, and more activities - ie: allow the Sims to walk in the surf, make the cars interactive (like S2), make babies and toddlers more interactive, etc. Adding in more decent items - ie: hottubs, more instruments, diving boards, pool tables. And open up the rabbit holes - it's a seamless, interactive game - make the entire thing interactive, not just 90%.

I played numerous EP's from both S1 and S2 - many of which were a blast. As has been pointed out -
    1) Pets ( both versions) were lame. No pet takes that much time and needs that much coddling.
    2) I never bought Seasons but from what I've read - everyone loved it IF, and yes that's a big IF, your pc could handle it.
    3) University - I loved University for about 2 weeks. Probably cause it was new. After that, I didn't use it at all. Lame!
    4) Nightlife - again, I loved it but it got tedious and annoying quickly. S2 was far better than the S1 version but still - annoying!

As far as the supernatural aspects in the different EP's - vampires, lycanthropes, witches, plant people, simbots, etc, etc. - seriously, these should be optional and should be able to be turned off via options if and when EA adds them to the game. I make my game as realistic as possible and having a vampire wander through is annoying.

From time to time I love playing games that add in the fantastic and supernatural and the Magic from S2 was way fun. The vampires, lycanthropes, etc - LAME!! If you're going to add supernatural creatures - make them act/ need/ want/ behave/etc - different than the Sims. They shouldn't just be Sims with different colored skins.

Again, when it comes down to it - the EP's will only amuse us for so long. The main thing that draws us to the game is playing the Sims - having them interact, build up their wealth, their family, make them succeed or fail miserably. The interactions and activities between our Sims is what counts in the end.

• Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    edited July 2010
  • Options
    ErickahuErickahu Posts: 186
    edited July 2010
    I don't care so much about rabbitholes.
    I mean, Business. Who wants to sit around and watch their sim do paperwork every day?

The very fact that we can see WHERE our sim disappears for half the day is an astronomical improvement on both prior sims games. I don't care that I can't see them do their mundane little tasks.

As for the grocery store/bookstore, yeah that stinks a little, but I'm fine. I'm sure eventually they'll do something about those, but as far as the job buildings, I couldn't care less.
  • Options
    pdxwinnpdxwinn Posts: 1,787 Member
    edited July 2010
    Erickahu wrote:
    I don't care so much about rabbitholes.
    I mean, Business. Who wants to sit around and watch their sim do paperwork every day?

The very fact that we can see WHERE our sim disappears for half the day is an astronomical improvement on both prior sims games. I don't care that I can't see them do their mundane little tasks.

As for the grocery store/bookstore, yeah that stinks a little, but I'm fine. I'm sure eventually they'll do something about those, but as far as the job buildings, I couldn't care less.

Excellent point Erickahu! Some rabbit holes would be pointless to open up. Some, like the book store and restuarants, I would like opened. The bookstores in France, China, Egypt - all are open. . . . . why not at home?
  • Options
    ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited July 2010
    something new and exciting no reha.shed TS2 expansions. They should have put seasons in with ambitions. But i do mis running my own restaurant from Open for business.
  • Options
    AdzrAdzr Posts: 857 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I really want it to be something magical and supernatural like makin' magic, and i want there to be lots of supernatural creatures in that do NOT act like sims with a different look. And i want more social and interactive activities to do in the open neighbourhood, nothing mission based for this one would be good. Something really mystical and exciting. I like the sound of 'after dark' i hope the rumours are true.
  • Options
    ZhivankarstZhivankarst Posts: 745 Member
    edited July 2010
    Maslow's hierarchy of needs for Sims! A sim's journey to self-actualization, filled with travels through existential angst and spiritual turmoil. It could be named Simslow's Hierarchy.

Okay, joking - and promising myself not to answer these threads immediately after caffeinating. :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    MomSonSimFunMomSonSimFun Posts: 486 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I'd like something like apartments or nightlife, adding a more big city possibility to the game.
  • Options
    Tara102345Tara102345 Posts: 57 Member
    edited July 2010
    Nightlife.
    Or Univeristy.
    Or Apartments. <3
  • Options
    silverSabre25silverSabre25 Posts: 3
    edited July 2010
    I would love to see babies and toddlers become more interactive--children should be able to interact more with the toddlers and infants, I want outdoor toddler toys back. I miss having businesses like from Open for Business. I also miss the "restaurnty" interactions like from Hot Date (and maybe Nightlife? I don't remember).
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited July 2010
    They need to save magic for last. Im all for weather though! :D

I dont think magic should be last since we didn't even get a magic ep for ts2. we got a little as a part of AL and that was towards the end. Sims 2 was still very good as a whole and had a lot of great EP's, but just imagine if your favorite EP never came back....What if they never made pets for sims 2 and just added a cat and a dog to apartment life or just added some rain to AL and you never got seasons at all?
  • Options
    abigfan819abigfan819 Posts: 862 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I Want Seasons,Nightlife, or freetime but i dont not want anything to with magic or pets!!!