Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Okay I am seriously confused, annoyed and ready to give up forever!

Okay so let me start this off by saying if this doesn't belong here I'm sorry cause I don't know if this is an AMB issue or just a Sims3 issue entirely.

Since AMB i have been having major issues with my game. It would be all find and dandy with CC/mods and then the next day I turn the game on and my people are all blank with orange hair and no face. Since this has started happening i just linked it to TSR so i took out all of my CC. This fixed my issue...or so I thought. A day or two later after some awesome game play I go and play my game and guess what the orange and blank no faced people or back. So after this happenend I assumed it was just bad cc altogether so i removed everything but the store CC and it worked...or so I thought. I go to play my game today and the orange and black people are back. now I am entirely tired of uninstalling and reinstalling but I am also fed up because I see soooo many people with tons of CC and their games appear to work fine but my computer is just special I guess.

I don't recall seeing anyone with this issue but if this has happened to anyone was there a fix? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
RSQ

Comments

• Options
    thesimdeej33thesimdeej33 Posts: 986 Member
    edited July 2010
    Could be a graphics issue, check to see if your Graphics card needs updating. Go the suppliers website and update your drivers
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited July 2010
    it could be a bad cc's or you could have installed the evil doll this will not go with just deleting your cc's

check your downloads on launcher for girl doll dressed, check your installed on launcher for it, if its there delete it go to dcbackup and search for 0x038a68fe04da61a6aa65f939d77fbc37 if you find it delete it this is the doll code, then in start do a full search of you computer file this code if you find it delete it. if this is not the case and you don't have it

delete simcompositor cache ,scriptcache,compositor cache,caspart cache from your sims 3 folder in your documents try loading game again. these files will be replaced.

if that doesn't work check all your drivers are up to date and any mods and cc's
  • Options
    RainbowSimQueenRainbowSimQueen Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited July 2010
    Could be a graphics issue, check to see if your Graphics card needs updating. Go the suppliers website and update your drivers

I'm checking my drivers now...i will update and see if it works...(crossing fingers) :?
  • Options
    OpmystikOpmystik Posts: 1,720 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Your graphics card may be going or you need an update. Does it flicker at all? I mean the screen going blank and than coming back on? If so than you might wanna get it checked out. But 1st check to see if there's any updates and update if there is.
  • Options
    fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    edited July 2010
    Definitely sounds like dodgy skins to me. I've seen this kind of thing before. Remove all the non default or default replacement skins you have, then delete all the chaches, it should clean it up. If anything was put in in sims3.pack format you will have to delete the contents your DCCache folder and your DCBackup folder too, just the files though, leave the folders. This will mean having to reinstall all your S3.pack format cc again in the launcher but it's a good way to get rid of the rubbish for good.

I've done this many times and it always just regenerates itself.
  • Options
    RainbowSimQueenRainbowSimQueen Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited July 2010
    I'm slightly embarrassed but it was my drivers...They needed to be updated. Now I feel...hmmm a little special for deleting all my CC when I just needed to update my graphics card...something so simple. Thank you all for your advice.

Thank you,
    RSQ