Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Builders, can you upload to the exchange? If so how?

SmokyTopazSmokyTopaz Posts: 1,380 Member
I have been having loads of problems uploading, 2 out of 3 will upload, but I don't know what is different between them. I cannot decide if it is time of day, cc, cap patterns, store items - I really want to know why, what the rules are.

EA asked me to send a file of a build that would not go, (system error), so I did. and they said thank you. Thats it.

Some of you know me, and the fact that I love to build. I check everything nowadays so I do know there are no corrupt files anywhaere on my computer.

So have you had problems uploading? What message do you get? (hover over red circle it will give you an excuse).

So can you let me know if you too are having problems, or at least some pointers as to why.

I know it is not my broadband connection, and I am 98% sure it is not cc.

ps posted here under Creative Corner because it tends to be a builders hangout!

List of the same problem so far:

Smokytopaz
cinsinn
LilSapphire
Darkside
judywork
kimwriter
ricslady
peacemaker
sherry1968
Yanti
strelitzia
socalkdl
4thefun0fit4
tristarin
Hambil
JVENN
jupitergirl
smugga
hazentw
dinky
ReecesPieces

SunsetValleyO1
tristran
leroygirl
snakecharmer
Cera

Comments

• Options
    cinsinncinsinn Posts: 179 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I haven't been able to upload anything at all. I've tried a base game lot, base game sim, and even an empty lot. Nothing will upload.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I must be doing something wrong then.... I wish I knew what.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Hopefully there will be enough replys to analyse the problem.

Is your error message system error? Or something else?
  • Options
    strelitzia19strelitzia19 Posts: 7,604 Member
    edited July 2010
    I had trouble with my Apartment Complex the other day, kept getting the error message. I had to upload it with only two out of 8 apartments furnished and totally remove all cc patters for it too upload. :)
    lgpf7vn
  • Options
    mw1234mw1234 Posts: 5,400 Member
    edited July 2010
    The exchange will not allow cc to it anymore... If so, remove custom content! If that doesn't work, make sure you don't have any corrupt files (i.e. The Doll)!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Sadly MW, with respect you are wrong. I have loaded recently totally without cc, with cc, with store and without. I have used only base game ... it seems to make no difference.

cc is not the problem.

The main difference was (before the update yesterday, so I can't say for today), the town I built in. My Twinbrooks will not, but then other builders TwinBooks lots will upload.

Believe me, I no longer have the doll, I check everything now after clearing, I have no corrupt cc and every lot is under 10mb.
  • Options
    mw1234mw1234 Posts: 5,400 Member
    edited July 2010
    Hmm... If I were you, I'd post this over at technical discussion since 3 Sims 3 guru's are helping people over their... I wish you the best of luck with this!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Strelitzia.... cc patterns or cap patterns?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    cap :)
    lgpf7vn
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    mw, last week I posted a similar request in GD and Tech. EA asked me to send a file of the lot I could not upload. I did. They said thankyou.

Yesterday I was back at not being able to upload, and 'system error'.

I want to know if other builders are having this problem, and what their views are.
  • Options
    kimwriter75kimwriter75 Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited July 2010
    I haven't had problems since yesterday! :) But I did have the problem with not being able to share from Twinbrook. This was last weekend. EA sent me a link to email as well, but I have heard nothing back from them.
    Imagination > Knowledge
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Hopefully if there are enough replies, we can analyse what the 'new' but unspoken rules are.... try and say if you used cc, cap, store in your build and poss the size and time of day. Time of day is difficult as this forum is fairly world wide!

• Options
    edited July 2010
    the only custom items I had in my lot were the patterns I made with the CAP tool and store items. I tried uploading it at different times of the day with no luck. The size started off at 11.3 mb but after changing front pictures and removing patterns an, etc went down to 7.3 mb :)
    lgpf7vn
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I am beginning to wonder about cap patterns... not the downloaded ones, they seem to be fine but the self made ones. But early days!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I don't know if it was because I used a lot of them but I have been able to upload others lot with them in :)
    lgpf7vn
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Hmm well thats not the answer then.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could pinpoint the one thing that was stopping uploading? Or causing 'system error', just that one little error.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Yeah it would, I was so disappointed that I couldn't upload it fully furnished after spending all that time working on it :(

I'm sure you are just as disappointed too.
    lgpf7vn
  • Options
    darkside266darkside266 Posts: 2,077 Member
    edited July 2010
    well i'm in the same situation..I finished a build.it has no CC other than patterns.everything else is either store items or stuff that comes with each of my Eps/Sps.I sent it to the launcher,the launcher bar went all the way to the end and then i get red circle,i have tried several times to upload this build with no luck yet.
  • Options
    socalkdlsocalkdl Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited July 2010
    It took me 3 trys to get my Arts and Crafts 3BD Home to upload. It was file name conflicts. Apparently you can't have exactly the same file name as something you've previously loaded, even if it has been deleted. It may have been a conflict with someone elses file name as well, I don't know. I just kept saving my lot with a different file name 'till it took. This is the second time it's happened for me. Oh, and I couln't just re-name the file. Each time I had to load TS3, rename the lot, save to uploads, go into "Sims 3 upload Image Changer", reassign all the thumbs and try to upload. Jeesh what a hastle!
    Good luck.
    4646540594_f16c4e42a2.jpg
  • Options
    4thefunofit44thefunofit4 Posts: 3,032 Member
    edited July 2010
    Sucks you guys are having the issue of not being able to upload but im glad to know i'm not alone. I get " a system error has occurred" message. I spoke to an EA rep yesterday and he said he would have to send my issue to csr and they would get back to me.
  • Options
    tristarintristarin Posts: 650 Member
    edited July 2010
    It has been almost a month since it has allowed me to upload my lots.
  • Options
    HambilHambil Posts: 575
    edited July 2010
    I had some trouble with the last lot I tried to upload. I had to re-export it twice. I also had to remove all the custom thumbs except the cover shot. It finally uploaded. I don't know if either of those things actually helped, but just sharing my experience in case.
  • Options
    JVENNJVENN Posts: 936 Member
    edited July 2010
    I have never been able to upload any lots with a file size more than 3mb - I tend to have to strip them bare to get them to upload. It's weird because I did upload a sim that was 35mb...so it just seems to affect lots...

I googled the problem and it does seem to be common...
    :D My Origin ID is Octavia Moon. I've made some celebrity sims and will be making houses soon :)
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I know this sounds weird, but I am so glad it is not just me.

So in other words guys reading everything so far, it isn't cc. It isn't store items -it simply comes back to something on ea's end.

In the last two weeks I have had lots refused (ie green bar all the way, ending in red circle 'system error'.

The ones that loaded had cc. They had store items. They had cap. The ones that would not load were in no way different.

I think it is ball in ea's court, don't you?
  • Options
    cinsinncinsinn Posts: 179 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Smoky, I also get the "system error" red circle. My uploads are doll/ corrupt files free, I check each one. I can't even load a base game sim that is less than 1mb now, let alone a CC free house. Before I could upload sims with ease, but houses took a few tries, now I can't upload anything. I even tried with no cover pics. So coverpics aren't the problem either. It's definately on EA's end.