Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best and easiest way to remove custom content

I have recently had some issues with some custom content. Mostly with Skins that have been designated for the wrong age. Specifically I have some clothes designated for a child sim, but the skin is too big and it causes the child to look deformed when used in the game.

Is there a way to find such custom content and delete only those items, or is it necessary to delete all custom content to eliminate the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Options
    babygirl31910babygirl31910 Posts: 801 New Member
    edited July 2010
    are they simpack files or package?
  • Options
    msarobixmsarobix Posts: 192 Member
    edited July 2010
    I am not really sure. I think they got downloaded when I downloaded a SIM with custom content. I went through today and uninstalled all the downloaded SIM, but doesn't seem to have worked.

Also a few of the hair styles are now bald. I don't know if this means that someone over wrote them. How can I get the originals back. Will uninstalling the custom content do it?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Ok they are simpack files,all you have to do is go in your launcher and look at installed content and uninstall the things that came with that sim maybe that will work
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    If I decide to just delete all of my custom content, can I just delete it from the Downloads folder in Electronic Arts folder in My Documents?

Or will this screw things up even more?

Also if I can delete them from My Documents, is the Downloads folder the only one I need to delete?

I know recently there was a corrupt file and I deleted a file from the DCBackup folder.

Thanks for your help.

• Options
    edited July 2010
    deleting it from your downloads folder will only take it off your launcher under downloads which is useless
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    So if I just uninstall all the downloads from the launcher will that remove it from my game?

And will it restore any overwritten hair styles?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    other than that i dont know how to help sorry , try posting it in the Technical Discussion forum maybe the gurus can help :(
  • Options
    chocolateaddic100chocolateaddic100 Posts: 3,048 New Member
    edited July 2010
    You have glitched clothes. They deform your toddlers children and babies.

Go to the installed content section of your launcher, and find the clothes. delete them.

Describe the clothes please.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Okay, I will try that and see how it goes.

Thanks for the help. It is so much fun to download other peoples creations, but sometimes it just isn't worth it.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The exchange is a very bad way to download cc. I suggest doing it the proper way. You won't get any glitched items, and you'll have a better idea what you're doing.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    What would the proper way be, just to create it myself?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    msarobix wrote:
    What would the proper way be, just to create it myself?
    \
    no there are sites that have it
  • Options
    SimCrazed32SimCrazed32 Posts: 856 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I have a similar problem. I downloaded a sim on the exchange with custom jeans, but in the game there is isn't an option to delete it in game. It's not in my launcher either... :/
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Which sites? I have visited Mod the Sims, and Sims Resource and have had the same problems in the past. That is why I stuck with the Exchange, I figured that it was more controlled, but I guess not.

Any advice would be great, as I love to download custom content, but it drives me crazy when it screws something up in my game.

• Options
    edited July 2010
    I have a similar problem. I downloaded a sim on the exchange with custom jeans, but in the game there is isn't an option to delete it in game. It's not in my launcher either... :/

SimCrazed32, I found a lot of custom clothes in the installed content button on my launcher. I just went through all of it an uninstalled all the clothes, which appear to have been downloaded with a SIM.

Those items are not in the downloaded items just the SIM that they came with.

I am getting ready to go back in to play so I will let you know how it all turns out.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Mod the sims has a tutorial on how to install cc files.

and so does this user on the sight. Her is more user friendly, and mod the sims is more factual and has more info added. I suggest a combo of both.

Her's- http://furyredsays.blogspot.com/2010/02/how-to-install-custom-content.html

Mod the sims- http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files