Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The fire wont go out!!!!

my sims lot has been on fire for 3 days now! the fire goes out but comes back a minute later. its killing of the town members one by one the ones who run over anyways! now the town is almost empty due this fire and story progression {they keep on dying of hunger according to the newspaper}!! this happened once before and the family died off eventually of fire or starvation. i have no idea what to do!!

I cant edit town when there is a fire and the keeps coming back so i cant edit town.my sims are also dirt poor :| *sighs*

The fire doesn't go out!! i finally manged to get the sims away from that lot even though half the family is dead but as soon as i got them out the mom got hit by a meteor such a horrible coincidence.

the lot is still on fire even though the sims are moved out and people are still dying :\

A tribute to the sims who have died due my glitch:
Beverly Castor
Milly pidgin
Alma Drill
Morgan Ashland
Jeffry Castor
DeAndre Wolf
Leslie Ashland
Sammie Ashland
Michelle Ashland
Skeet Bayless
Tay bayless
and all the unlucky ones who keep dying and coming back to life

Comments

• Options
    FlickhorseFlickhorse Posts: 35
    edited July 2010
    You may haft to delete the lot in order to stop this, this is the first Ive heard of this accruing.
  • Options
    mangobirdmangobird Posts: 171
    edited July 2010
    Oh wow! That's truly an interesting glitch! If you have the required amount of LifeTime Reward Points (10,000 or 15,000 I believe) and you buy the fire-proof house reward, maybe the fire will go away. Have the NPC Firefighters come over? Maybe you could use Ctrl+Shift+C "testingcheatsenabled true" and see if you can Shift+Click delete the fire. Or maybe if you try the previously mentioned cheat and Ctrl+Shift+C "buydebug" and/or Ctrl+Shift+C "AlwaysAllowBuildBuy on" and/or Ctrl+Shift+C "MoveObjects on". I know that's a lot of cheats, but maybe with the right combination, you can delete the fire? Hope this helps.
  • Options
    abigfan819abigfan819 Posts: 862 New Member
    edited July 2010
    ive tries using testingcheatsenabled true to delete the fire but the fire comes back a minute later. buydebug doesn't work either. :cry:
  • Options
    SIMIAN6SIMIAN6 Posts: 307 Member
    edited July 2010
    dont save
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    not saving is always an option but i want to try to keep what little i have
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Amy bull is now dead due to the fire. :| like the fifth person to die of the fire
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    ill motherlode them then move them out as soon as sim has a chance to use the the phone.
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited July 2010
    You can't move during a fire either. Is no one putting it out and replacing or deleting whatever is burnt?
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    000000078000000078 Posts: 4,266
    edited July 2010
    Have you tried to go to edit town mode and evict your sim's from the house and then bulldoze the lot. And replace the house and lot. Don't know if this will work but it seems to be the only thing you haven't tried yet.
  • Options
    beaynidSimbeaynidSim Posts: 784 Member
    edited July 2010
    have you tried calling the fire department?
  • Options
    fedeogfedeog Posts: 80
    edited July 2010
    Wow!, that is a very tragic glitch!... like the worst glitch I have ever heard!... sims diying, burned, starved...
  • Options
    RANCIDRANCID Posts: 500 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Terrible glitch. Tragically interesting as well...
  • Options
    LadyDarkSorrowLadyDarkSorrow Posts: 2,865 Member
    edited July 2010
    abigfan819 wrote:
    my sims lot has been on fire for 3 days now! the fire goes out but comes back a minute later. its killing of the town members one by one the ones who run over anyways! now the town is almost empty due this fire and story progression {they keep on dying of hunger according to the newspaper}!! this happened once before and the family died off eventually of fire or starvation. i have no idea what to do!!

I cant edit town when there is a fire and the keeps coming back so i cant edit town.my sims are also dirt poor :| *sighs*

A tribute to the sims who have died due my glitch:
    Beverly Castor
    Milly pidgin
    Alma Drill
    Morgan Ashland
    Jeffry Castor
    DeAndre Wolf
    Leslie Ashland
    Sammie Ashland
    Michelle Ashland
    Skeet Bayless
    Tay bayless
    and all the unlucky ones who keep dying and coming back to life

{Rest In Peace}
    :cry:
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    i finally manged to get them moved out it wasn't easy cause the fire keeps on coming back but interesting to know the lot is still on fire currently and all the unlucky ones keep on dying. everytime one of the people dyes my games zooms over to it.
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited July 2010
    when you moved them out try testingcheat and shift click on the house then object delete see if it will delete it. or call fire fighter if the fire is causing deaths then the fire is there so the firefighter shold put it out. if you have moved them out of the house you should beable to edit town from there new house, i know you can't if there on the lot the fires on cause it says you can't edit town while there a fire on lot.

if you use mods there allways twallan super computer this can be set for moving sims to another home without editing town, there a add sims , you can click your family then add them to another lot then edit town and delete the lot. or you can switch to another household in game then edit town evict the sims and then delete the lot.
  • Options
    SketchElderSketchElder Posts: 3,517 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Ambitions has a new cheat, AlwaysAllowBuildBuy, that lets you use Build and Buy mode during fires. You might need testingCheatsEnabled to use it. Check the 'help' cheat.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    no mods currently work in my game right so i took them all out.
  • Options
    SciffyCircoSciffyCirco Posts: 31 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I have NO mods, and little custom content. I had had this bug since World Adventures. I once took a trip to France, the fireplace caught fire, kept sparking. I went home early. Waited a few days, went back to France. It was still burning.

Last night, I had a bad one. I let it go in REAL time from 10pm till 4am, as I wandered off for bathroom, munchies, read a book, and more. I caught it when it stopped for a few moments. Deleted everything on fire. Removed floor tiles. Put a wall up. Later put new floor tiles back. Had about 9 Sims die of fire or starvation. 2 others had Loser or Unlucky, and the Grim Reaper kept bringing them back to die again. The fire alarm would go off, the firefighter would come over, would say "I can't reach it, hopefully it will burn out on its own" even after I removed everything in the room! What the heck is it catching on?!?

The fire raged on for over a Sim week before I got tired of watching it. I remember for Sims 1 and 2, there was a cheat to reset the entire lot. Is that cheat still out there? Might it work?
  • Options
    SciffyCircoSciffyCirco Posts: 31 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I have NO mods, and little custom content. I had had this bug since World Adventures. I once took a trip to France, the fireplace caught fire, kept sparking. I went home early. Waited a few days, went back to France. It was still burning.

Last night, I had a bad one. I let it go in REAL time from 10pm till 4am, as I wandered off for bathroom, munchies, read a book, and more. I caught it when it stopped for a few moments. Deleted everything on fire. Removed floor tiles. Put a wall up. Later put new floor tiles back. Had about 9 Sims die of fire or starvation. 2 others had Loser or Unlucky, and the Grim Reaper kept bringing them back to die again. The fire alarm would go off, the firefighter would come over, would say "I can't reach it, hopefully it will burn out on its own" even after I removed everything in the room! What the heck is it catching on?!?

The fire raged on for over a Sim week before I got tired of watching it. I remember for Sims 1 and 2, there was a cheat to reset the entire lot. Is that cheat still out there? Might it work?
  • Options
    NinaEvelynNinaEvelyn Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    I have the exact same problem I tried to kill one of my sims by a fire and once they died the fire kept coming back!!! I have noticed that even thouh I deleted the fireplace to try and stop the fire the chimneys are still there and I can't delete them. Could this be the problem? This all seems like bad sims karma for killing my sim :(
  • Options
    Anitat1993Anitat1993 Posts: 9
    edited June 2012
    Ugh! I now have the same problem! Its driving me insane. Theres a firefighter on lot and he keeps putting it out but it keeps coming back again! Very annoying.
  • Options
    Chocoholic20089Chocoholic20089 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited January 2013
    HEY GUYS! I HOPE YOU HAVENT GIVEN UP YET, EVEN THOUGH THIS POST IS PRETTY OLD......I've found a way to stop this glitch :D I was searching around and found this forum post to help with my problem, then i had an idea... Just find that split second of time where the fires are completely gone, then pause the game;IMMEDIATELY! Even the teenyy-tiniiest fires count, so mak sure there are NONE! Go in build mode and go to pools... build a pool over the whole area where any of the re-occuring fires have appeard before... This will prevent any fires to spawn again, as its water, plus, thhe bottom of the pool is deep in the ground..... Your welcomee ! :wink:
    pLUS, Make sure moveobjects cheat is on, so you can move aany firefighters, sims, and objects out of the way so you can build the poool... :P
  • Options
    fayfay287fayfay287 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm having this glitch too, it's awful. The biggest problem is that I'm using the Sims 3: University Life expansion pack, meaning that the sims Cannot move. This has made me miss my classes throughout the day because of the "Fire!" action, and it's to the point where the firefighters don't have the time to get out of the house before another fire starts. I live in a house with 8 other NPCs and i deleted every object out of the kitchen, yet a new fire starts on the ground about every 15 seconds. I can't move, so.... I don't know what to do... Help!
  • Options
    CfhfCfhf Posts: 1 New Member
    This probably isn’t helpful as it has been so long but...ages ago I had this problem and I put a sprinkler down and that fixed it after a long period of time. I couldn’t do the pool tactic which someone said above as I had a basement underneath. Sadly I have this issue again and it isn’t going but you could try what I said above. Hope this helps.

(I wrote this ages ago but forgot to post it so I will try post it again to see if it could help anyone)😀
  • Options
    EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey everyone!

As this thread had been inactive since 2013, I'm closing it as per our necroposting rules.

Thanks,
    Leeloo
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top