Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Uploading to the exchange - outline rules needed now

I cannot get anything to upload to the exchange, and as I have been able to in the past I need to know what filters you have implemented.

Are they:-
1. No cc at all
2. No store items
3. Limited file size
4. Only uploading at certain times
5. Any other reason.

It is taking the fun out of building and creating if it has become virtually impossible to share anything.

EA use, in their marketing and advertising the ability to share on the exchange, so I expect some reasonable replies here from ea.

Comments

• Options
    peacemaker_icpeacemaker_ic Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited July 2010
    i would like to know too smoky. i have a lot i have been wanting to upload with cc patterns, 4 of them, and the use of store items.

if it is the exchange getting updates it would be nice to be informed that we can't share.
  • Options
    NavekNavek Posts: 2,038
    edited July 2010
    smokey

I personally have never had a problem....

but there quite a few posts here saying people are having trouble..

only last night one girl was saying she cannot change her avatar because for the last five weeks she has not been able to upload anything...
  • Options
    NavekNavek Posts: 2,038
    edited July 2010
    Navek wrote:
    Clover star

download THIS FILE

copy and paste it into "my docs/electronic arts/ sims3/exports" folder
    then open your launcher and upload it to the exchange.

then go into "MY PAGE" and edit avatar....

there you go
    *Sigh*
    The reason I cant change my avatar...
    is BECAUSE I cant upload with the launcher
    I've asked for help on this matter, but gotten none.

this is clover stardropper....
  • Options
    kimwriter75kimwriter75 Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited July 2010
    You make a good point Smoky about EA stating the ability to share player created content through the exchange. Feels like false advertising. I hope you get a response!
    Imagination > Knowledge
  • Options
    SmokyTopazSmokyTopaz Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited July 2010
    Navek, I never had a problem until the recent exchange fuss over corrupted cc, now it seems that filters or something have been put into place, but it is impossible to know what you can and connot upload now.

The upload bar goes all the way to the end and then boom, red circle and it doesn't complete.

I would like to know what the perameters are.
  • Options
    SaronaSarona Posts: 1,578 New Member
    edited July 2010
    We cant upload CC now....well 🐸🐸🐸🐸 (IS NOT A SWEAR WORD) ;_;
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I don't know if we can upload cc. Because ea have not said anything. All my stuff is now Custard checked before I upload so I know I am not uploading corrupt files.

Sarona, if there is a filter to take out cc, then surely they would suggest that we do not use it. That would be ok. But does that include store stuff? I know if you download something with store stuff in it, and you have not bought it, then it gets replaced or not, but I have a feeling that it may be almost impossible to separate non ea cc and ea cc.........

And how about the new CAP patterns, do they upload?

C'mon ea let us know!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The green bar goes all the way then I get 'A system error has occured'.

Who's system? Mine or yours ea?
  • Options
    RockersimgirlRockersimgirl Posts: 1,751 New Member
    edited July 2010
    i cant upload my new avatar :evil:
    the bar goes up and there a red circle with a slash through it
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Smoky, I was getting the red circle with a slash and the 'a system error has occured' message as well a while back. The green bar went all the way then...nothing. I think the exchange is the problem right now. Give it a few days. Mine eventually did download...it was my Modern Bliss lot. I did post about it at TSS.
    Imagination > Knowledge
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited July 2010
    I had problems before and wondered how others can upload CC laden creations with files 45MB. I hardly use CC on mine and couldn't get anything up over 5MB. Also, I couldn't post, never got the quick reply prompt on the screen.

I don't know if this is a solution, but I changed browsers from Internet Explorer 8 to Firefox and haven't had any problems with uploading (some have been as large as 11MB, with no CC. Wonder why that happens?) or posting. I don't understand why that made a difference, but it has been successful for me.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    blewis823 wrote:
    I had problems before and wondered how others can upload CC laden creations with files 45MB. I hardly use CC on mine and couldn't get anything up over 5MB. Also, I couldn't post, never got the quick reply prompt on the screen.

I don't know if this is a solution, but I changed browsers from Internet Explorer 8 to Firefox and haven't had any problems with uploading (some have been as large as 11MB, with no CC. Wonder why that happens?) or posting. I don't understand why that made a difference, but it has been successful for me.

You make a good point. I forgot, but I made Firefox my default browser as well and then was able to upload properly.

Smoky, maybe try a new browser.
    Imagination > Knowledge
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Ok changed default browser to Firefox.....all the way to the end of the green bar boom red circle, 'a system error has occured'.

Now what?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I went back and reread the thread I posted about the same problem on TSS and you know what you said to me?

Patience. Lol :)

You even gave me a dallup of patience because I do not have much! :)
    Imagination > Knowledge
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Lol! I just need to heed my own advice then!

But I would ea, like an answer.

Is this just whistling in the wind?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I almost forgot. Read this thread...

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/212844.page
    Imagination > Knowledge
  • Options
    JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited July 2010
    true as soon as i uploaded my last Sim...which i admit has some CC hooked to her...i have been unable to view "my studio"..i get the error page...so even if i wanted to delete it
    i can't....
  • Options
    PaneityPaneity Posts: 483 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I uploaded something about 2 days ago with no problems, but it has no CC at all, so I dont know if that's what's affecting it?
  • Options
    fidlertenfidlerten Posts: 7,615 Member
    edited July 2010
    Personally, I've given up trying to upload anything anymore. There's always some problem with something someway so what's the use.

Building houses and uploading them use to be fun but all the problems and the fact I am on "The Blacklist" and will never be featured has taken all the fun out of sharing houses on the Exchange. Last time I shared, it took a day and a half for them to even show any downloads on the Exchange, which means they sat on the back pages through the first 24 hours. My houses before always reached the top of the Exchange before the first 24 hours was up but of course not anymore since it takes forever for them to even show downloads.

I still build and show off photos of my work to my friends but what's the use in sharing anything anymore? I have lost all motivation. I also lost all motivation to buy anything anymore either. No, I'll be satisfied with what I have so far and just keep my houses to myself for my own sims to use. Maybe if we all did the same then maybe EA would actually take a real concern for their customers and stop treating us like we really just don't matter.

fidlerten

Signature%2005-29-17_zpsti5fd2z4.png
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited July 2010
    i would choose number 6)
    (the one im making up now)

"the exchange and launcher are bleeding useless anyway"
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    SophiaraspberrySophiaraspberry Posts: 15 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I had this problem this week with several lots and discovered for me, it was CAP. If I had a custom pattern I’d made in a house, the house wouldn’t upload. Even if I removed the pattern from the lot. So I had to uninstall the patterns from the game. Then the lots uploaded.
    I don’t know if this is a problem everyone has or if it will help you but good luck.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Sophia, that might be it, I have recently downloaded patterns made with cap, but none used in this build - but you are suggesting removing them from the game, ok I will try that.

I say that because cap is the last thing I put in the game.. is it bugged then?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    OK took out all the cap patterns, and tried reuploading... nothing - the same as before.

I don't want to be a computor expert, I want to play Sims3.
  • Options
    SophiaraspberrySophiaraspberry Posts: 15 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I’m not sure if it’s bug, a glitch just to my game, or maybe just coincidence, but the only thing I changed to get them to upload was to remove the patterns.
    Right now the exchange seems down so you might wait. I’m only seeing the month search.
  • Options
    MeestorMarkMeestorMark Posts: 865 Member
    edited July 2010
    With so many people having problems today, it about has to be a problem with the exchange itself. I would like to hear if they have changed any requirements for uploading or added no CC filters, etc... But I wouldn't go trying to fix something in your games with so many people across the board having the same problem. The problem about has to be with the exchange. We will need a month's or more worth of patience for it to get fixed, I suspect...

Smoky, I would also suggest starting a similar thread in Technical Discussion, as the gurus that specialize in answering these types of questions, and actually answer threads, tend to hang out there rather than here.