Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My game crashes just before sims have their birthday since the latest patch [fixed]

so i just patched my game i don't have any Ep's or Sp's i have a bunch of third party hair and clothes and i run my game with the no intro, no foot tap, nraas story progression, super computer and awesomemod. right before a sim has it's birthday the game crashes to desktop with no error notification or anything. is there a fix for this?

Edit: i deleted all the caches and took out the mods folder then ran the game. on my last save it was just before a sim was having his birthday and it worked fine. when i put only awesomemod back in after deleting the cache again the game crashed right before the birthday. for whatever reason in my game awesomemod is causing this i hope it helps others with this problem.

Comments

• Options
    JazzypooJazzypoo Posts: 325 Member
    edited July 2010
    *sigh* i have a feeling that i'll just have to sit tight until the next patch comes out
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    bump :\
  • Options
    ciennasim1ciennasim1 Posts: 734 Member
    edited July 2010
    Yeah me too!! I'm really getting P'd off by the whole thing. I just got the lagging fixed and now I'm trying to get the crashing fixed. I tried the DEP thing but it doesn't seem to work for me. I'm waiting now on a reply from somebody to let me know if I'm doing this right. If I am doing the DEP right then I still have a problem because my game is still crashing to desktop! This is really starting to get on my nerves and I'm starting to feel like I'm on the forum more than I'm able to play because of so many issues!!

I'm trying to get some game play in right now but what's the point if it's going to keep on crashing and i've been waiting at least 45 mins to an hour and yet no one has replied to my post to tell me if I'm doing the thing right or not!! I'm really getting SICK of this and EA just seems to be taking their time with releasing a patch to fix this crap!!!!
  • Options
    IamMamainredIamMamainred Posts: 7,042 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Jazzypoo wrote:
    so i just patched my game i don't have any Ep's or Sp's i have a bunch of third party hair and clothes and i run my game with the no intro, no foot tap, nraas story progression, super computer and awesomemod. right before a sim has it's birthday the game crashes to desktop with no error notification or anything. is there a fix for this?

When you update the game, all of you NON EA content has to be updated to the same version or removed, some fo the CC will no longer work, the mods may work but can corrupt the game, they need to be replaced with updated versions to match the patch or removed as well. You can not run the game with out dated mods.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    i don't know if the DEP thing applies to me since i have a MacBook but i haven't seen anyone else post about this particular problem. i had a problem with random crashes and the game loading until the full bar then freezing and so i deleted that town and started a new one now this happens. i'm very close to just uninstalling and going back to the previous patch. i think i saw something about pescado keeping the older version of awesomemod for people that want to use CAW.
  • Options
    ciennasim1ciennasim1 Posts: 734 Member
    edited July 2010
    Well it seems like I did the DEP settings correctly as some simmers suggested and it works for a lot of people but did nothing for me! All of this started with the latest patch for me too!!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Jazzypoo wrote:

When you update the game, all of you NON EA content has to be updated to the same version or removed, some fo the CC will no longer work, the mods may work but can corrupt the game, they need to be replaced with updated versions to match the patch or removed as well. You can not run the game with out dated mods.

i've updated all of the mods that needed to be updated right before i patched. however i have narrowed down the problem to the cc in my mods folder. i think it's something with awesomemod so i might play with just the nraas mods for now :(