Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Two Patterns - Updated 7-17-10 now Eight - See Page 2

DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
:D After posting in Rflong7's pattern thread, I decided to give this a try...again. I had tried yesterday and will show the first attempt but the second pattern in this thread is my favorite. Sheesh, I learned more about my Photoshop program since yesterday than I have known in years :!: The first pattern is not near what I would like it to be but is a start: Meet Milady's Shoes
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2531880

Here is pic of default on bed to the left, the same default colors brightened on the wall and a recolor on the bed on the right:
eaiphc.jpg

I love a southwestern feel to things, which the next pattern reflects. I am happy with the way it turned out: Meet Kokopelli Dances
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2553507

Here is a pic of the default colors on the bed to the left and the wall, as well as a recolor on the bed on the right:
6opndc.jpg

Now, I just hope that I inserted all the links right :lol:

EDITED to add: I have never had the doll that was attaching itself to files in my game. Anyone thinking of downloading can be sure the files are safe.

Further EDITED to add: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2557683
Fleur-di-Love has 4 recolorable channels, one of which is the background :) Here is a pic showing it on multiple items, including a recolor I did:
v4vyif.jpg

Comments

• Options
    drowssapdrowssap Posts: 2,007 Member
    edited June 2010
    i like the second one :D! iv rec'd :)!

sorry for the short answer, im in the middle of watching my sims crash :roll:
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Thanks for taking a look drowssap :)

LOL, I honestly don't expect people to take much notice with all the patterns now being uploaded but I had a good time doing these, which is the most important thing.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited June 2010
    Oh, wow! I love the shoes and name- Kokopelli Dances. :lol:
    Would never have thought of shoes.

I love the Southwest pattern. If I could actually decorate my own house it would be in that style. :shock:

Very nice. :thumbup:

*it's rather fun- Shhh~ don't let EA hear us say that. :shock:

• Options
    musicmom11musicmom11 Posts: 1,698 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I like them both :thumbup:

both got rec's from me. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Thanks for the nice comments Rflong7 and musicmom11. I feel so creatively challenged and they are appreicated!

Rflong7, I do believe Kokopelli Dances will work itself into a Mesa Valley residence :)
  • Options
    lotlot80lotlot80 Posts: 758 Member
    edited June 2010
    I like both.

♥♥---->>> Please Leave A Comment On My NEW Builds Thread !! --- I'd Really Appreciate It. <<<----♥♥

edited June 2010
    DOLLDRMS1 wrote:
    Thanks for the nice comments Rflong7 and musicmom11. I feel so creatively challenged and they are appreicated!

Rflong7, I do believe Kokopelli Dances will work itself into a Mesa Valley residence :)

I think it would look great. :)

I'm dl it. I like the turquoise and browns. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    musicmom11musicmom11 Posts: 1,698 New Member
    edited June 2010
    hey Doll, try using a paint type program and do your own. I bet you would be good at it. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    LOL, you shouldn't have encouraged me, musicmom11. I've now done a third pattern, pic in original post.

BTW, I saw your Baby Jungle in another thread and have come back to dl and rec it. They were all cute but that one just spoke to me.

EDIT to add thanks to lotlot80 for taking the time to comment. Sorry, I missed your post earlier.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Adding Pattern #4 - Meet Motif a la Shamrock. In addition to the pic of the pattern on various objects, there is also one using it for clothing. I just picked a fashion at random, used the pattern on the jacket portion and the hex #'s of the colors for the parts of the fashion.

All layers are recolorable.
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2567930

mi10kn.jpg

2a9y360.jpg
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited June 2010
    Oh, I like the new one too. :thumbup:

Gonna go rec it.
  • Options
    N3mb3rN3mb3r Posts: 2,432
    edited June 2010
    nicely done :)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Thank you both, Rflong7 and N3mb3r. I had taken pics of the other patterns I had done but had not sized them when I posted Motif a la Shamrock. So here they are so the other 3 patterns can also be shown on clothing.

Milady's Shoes (this one also looked really good on nightgowns): 66kcb6.jpg

Kokopelli Dances: 2heap9j.jpg

Fleur-di-Love: 33vdy5z.jpg

Now, I'm going to go play my game and put CAP away for a while, :)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Here is pattern #5 - Deep Honey - 1 recolorable layer wood pattern: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2577245

This has a little story behind it. This is an original wood pattern that I created in Photoshop about 5 years ago when I was doing recolors for TS2. I slaved over this pattern, lol. It took me about 3 hours before I was happy with the grain and level of detail. I had been missing having this wood available in TS3 but now with CAP I can put it back into game and I'm a happy camper :) I was sooo happy to find I still had this texture saved on my hard drive.

Thought I would share in case anyone else is on the lookout for a new wood pattern. Below are 2 pics taken at different angles on different objects to give you a better idea of how it behaves in game. In case you want to peek at how TS2 furniture looked with this wood, here is the link to the TS2 download on Mod The Sims http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=76820

First Angle: 2yyntqx.jpg

Second Angle: eis8xw.jpg
  • Options
    BD5141BD5141 Posts: 3,044 Member
    edited June 2010
    You've done some really nice pattern and your wood pattern is exceptionally nice. Keep up the great work.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    BD5141 wrote:
    You've done some really nice pattern and your wood pattern is exceptionally nice. Keep up the great work.

Your Blue Bear patterns were adorable, so I am flattered that you like my patterns :oops:

I had 2 other wood patterns that I created and used on MTS uploads for TS2 that were popular. If I can find those textures, too, I will also upload them. Have several folders of textures to go through, :lol:
  • Options
    MurderPrincessKMurderPrincessK Posts: 781 Member
    edited June 2010
    I like your shoe pattern, its very nicely done.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I like your shoe pattern, its very nicely done.

Thank you! Your Feettopia is adorable. Congrats on having it featured!
  • Options
    mysticdiva2mysticdiva2 Posts: 699 Member
    edited June 2010
    very nice patterns....and also wanted to thank you for your advice.....:)
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Pattern #6, California Buckeye Burl, is another wood pattern. I wanted an unusual wood to use in game and found CBB to be just the ticket. However, the knots and swirls on all images I found were huge and totally out of scale for the game. Hence, my pattern is created from an image that I heavily modified in Photoshop. The first picture shows the default color on objects. The second and third are recolors I did in game, so here are the hex #'s in case you like either one of them. Pic #2 is hex #653716 and pic #3 is hex number 421707.

Just for giggles I went into CAS and put it on a dress, lol. That's pic #4, obviously. Who knows, you may want your sim to wear a tree!

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2598338 - California Buckeye Burl

Pic #1 - nzku39.jpg

Pic #2 - 95y151.jpg

Pic #3 - 25rcwuc.jpg

Pic #4 - 99lzba.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Pattern #7 is Sea Creature Parade in themed. I created this one for Rflong7's Summer Theme thread. Pattern located here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2613869

Pic #1 in child's room; Pic#2 so you can see pattern on 3 different style sofas; Pic #3 quick recolors so you can see all 4 layers are recolorable and Pic #4 to show pattern on a swimsuit. Enjoy!

Pic #1 2ilejwz.jpg

Pic #2 dqires.jpg

Pic #3 15wch35.jpg

Pic #4 33dz329.jpg
  • Options
    H0RTENSISH0RTENSIS Posts: 1,132 Member
    edited July 2010
    California Buckeye Burl looks wonderful in the game and personally I think the tree suits the Sims well :D Very nice indeed.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Thank you, Hortensis. I'm glad to know someone else is enjoying it as much in game as I am. I hope you noted the 2 addtl. hex #'s I gave in this thread because they work really well as alternative color choices.

LOL, it didn't look all that bad on that dress, did it? Shoot, if you've got Ambitions put it on an eco-friendly sim. Gives new meaning to the words tree-hugger, :)
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I love zodiac signs and my newest pattern depicts the 3 earth signs for Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn. The pattern's 4 layers are all recolorable. If you want/need :) such a pattern, it is located here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2724299

Pic 1 is default colors on walls and furniture - 35jikx5.jpg

Pic 2 is default colors on both a single and double bed - 2qajnup.jpg

Pic 3 simply shows all 4 layers recolored - 2n8ykic.jpg

Pic 4 shows the pattern on the sarong from the store's Life's A Beach swim set - 2z5knl4.jpg

The wood used on the furniture is my Deep Honey pattern recolored to a lighter shade.
  • Options
    ucareeucaree Posts: 281 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Downloaded and recommended Milady's Shoes

I'm sure this pattern will go perfect in a salon :)