Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Religion???

I think it would be cool to have religion in our sims game, Where they could pray and have church on sunday i think when you install the sims it should ask for your language country and religion and even Athiest for people who don't believe in god. I just think it would be cool

Comments

• Options
    startamastartama Posts: 313 Member
    edited June 2010
    .___.

You already fast-forward through enough of the sim's life. I like interacting with NPCs, and since I certainly won't be making my sims go to church(I'm athiest), it would be boring waiting for the NPCs that go to church to come back.
    Plus, too much controversy.
  • Options
    MarahGMarahG Posts: 1,387 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I don't think I want religion in the sims, it would be kind of boring, don't get me wrong I'm religious and everything, but that doesn't belong in a video game.
  • Options
    PurplePeacockPurplePeacock Posts: 914 New Member
    edited June 2010
    There have been other threads about this, namely these two;
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/212468.page
    and another one it vanished, but you can see the reaction.
  • Options
    cllevettcllevett Posts: 930 Member
    edited June 2010
    I also don't want religion in the sims.

This is already something you could do in your own game. Just build a community lot to the church style you like. Put benches & a raise area in it if you want. You may be able to get some custom artist to make CC content.

That is what I did for my game. I built several Temples & made the gods Apollo, Nike, Dis, Vulcan...They walk around my game I pretend blessing mortals or whatever. These are the Gods I play with. Most of them can be downloaded from my Studio.

http://nacoya.wordpress.com/ashenvale-world-of-gods/
  • Options
    LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited June 2010
    No, I definitely don't want religion in the game. Even though I am Catholic/Christian, religion is just something that should be avoided in the Sims, for so, so many reasons.
  • Options
    chanelm1005chanelm1005 Posts: 35
    edited June 2010
    startama wrote:
    .___.

You already fast-forward through enough of the sim's life. I like interacting with NPCs, and since I certainly won't be making my sims go to church(I'm athiest), it would be boring waiting for the NPCs that go to church to come back.
    I Said you could choose Atheist so therefore you wouldn't have those options
  • Options
    PurplePeacockPurplePeacock Posts: 914 New Member
    edited June 2010
    but some sims would not be atheist, NPCs may go to church
  • Options
    Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited June 2010
    It's too controversial, and will never happen.
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    LadyDarkSorrowLadyDarkSorrow Posts: 2,865 Member
    edited July 2010
    just like Evergreen226 said. it's too controversial..
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    startamastartama Posts: 313 Member
    edited June 2010
    startama wrote:
    .___.

So you're saying everyone will have the same religion? That's kind of boring.
  • Options
    xpaigenicolexpaigenicole Posts: 59 New Member
    edited June 2010
    startama wrote:
    .___.

i think startama is saying, that even if we choose to be Atheists in game (which would be no different from the game now...) the NPCs will still be in church or wherever they choose, and we would have to wait on them to be done before we could interact with them. A lot of the game is spent waiting...why do we want to wait more for some silly religious game play?

If you really need religion in every aspect of your life, including your video games...for some odd reason...i guess take the advice and create your own churches in game. EA will never add it.
  • Options
    CashingTheFameCashingTheFame Posts: 3,737 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Religious discussions make people go nuts, I don't want it in my game and then coming online to see riots about The Sims 3 because someone's religion got left out, or someone doesn't believe in one of the religions that are in-game.

Personally, I say No to your idea.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,767 Member
    edited June 2010
    Before anyone comes up with the if they choose 1 wife (Monogamy) X group will go crazy and if they choose more than one wife group y would go crazy. That kind of is already in the base game.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    LadyDarkSorrowLadyDarkSorrow Posts: 2,865 Member
    edited June 2010
    huh ?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Monogamy means to have more than one spouse at a time, specifically in some religions, it's considered the norm to have more than one wife, not naming which religion.

and I'm going to stop there.
    Religious talk makes me mad >.<
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,767 Member
    edited June 2010
    huh ?

In other religion in the Sim game threads. Jarise9 always point out tbe "wife"/wives issue if religion was included. For example if monogamy (husband/wife) was going to be the "main" way of marrying. The religious groups who have more than one wife (Polygamy) would go nuts. If they did it the opposite way the Monogamy groups would got nuts. I just want to point out that technically that's not a issue at all because that's already in the BASE GAME as monogamy.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited June 2010
    Monogamy means to have more than one spouse at a time, specifically in some religions, it's considered the norm to have more than one wife, not naming which religion.

and I'm going to stop there.
    Religious talk makes me mad >.<

You have your terms confused. Monogamy means that there is only one wife, one husband. (Mono means one). The term you want is *polygamy* which is being able to be married to more than one spouse. Usually this works with a man being married to more than one woman. Never have I heard it the other way around.

As for religion, I don't see what all the fuss is about. I've said it before and I'll say it again: EA, just stick a generic rabbit-hole church-looking building in the community lot bin. You might even have more than one style: one to look like an Asian Temple maybe, and one to look like a synagogue or cathedral. The player who wants to have a religious aspect to their game can install one of these generic buildings. It acts like a rabbit-hole, and can give your Sim a boost in social and fun.

And for those of you who don't want even the buildings in the game, the solution is simple. Go to the Program files under the Sims 3 folders and delete those files from our Library. Simple solution. You're happy, the church-going people are happy, everyone wins. You all need to stop making a mountain out of a molehill. With my suggestion, there is no reason to fuss. Those that want religion in their game can have it, and those who don't, don't have to tolerate it because you can easily delete the "religious" buildings.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, I realized I had the terms backwards earlier, I just didn't bother to edit my post, xD

I was hoping someone would understand what I meant.
  • Options
    ilovesims38ilovesims38 Posts: 1,217 Member
    edited June 2010
    I think religion in the game is a bad idea. This would just be a storm of controversy. What religions were added, which weren't, why wasn't so and so added, Why was so-and-so added. it would just cause a giant up-roar. Other wise it is a good idea.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited June 2010
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    The term you want is *polygamy* which is being able to be married to more than one spouse. Usually this works with a man being married to more than one woman. Never have I heard it the other way around.
    Then you haven't heard anything of polyandry (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyandry, http://www.polyandry.org/ and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyandry_in_Tibet) and you haven't heard much of Hinduism either.
  • Options
    SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited June 2010
    I don't think they would be able to do it without creating too much controversy and anger. Nothing seems to get people as irate as religion.

I do not think that the developers would be able to satisfy people in terms of religion because there are so many different religions that they couldn't possibly be represented (at least not accurately) in the game. It would be very difficult to do it an an unbiased manner. There is enough division within Christianity alone, much less around the world. I would rather have them focus on different cultural attire and objects.

I admit, even though I am agnostic, it might be neat to have some of the architecture and attire from various religions. Indian temples are amazing to behold (with all of the intricately carved statues of people and such).

As for the attending church aspect, not all people who are of a particular religion attend church and I don't think the game mechanics are advanced enough to really do it justice.

I think it would be so complex to program that it might as well just be a separate game.

I think EA gets enough hate mail over other things. Adding religion of any type would be a PR nightmare.

I would rather they focus on adding back features that they had in in Sims2 that haven't yet been included.

Edit: I forgot to ask, is voodoo included in the game? Or was it ever in Sims2? I know it is considered religious, but it could be a fun one in terms of actions-- but it would probably upset some people who are against it.
  • Options
    RUAHIPPORUAHIPPO Posts: 34 New Member
    edited June 2010
    It would be better to be simist in the game....
  • Options
    chanelm1005chanelm1005 Posts: 35
    edited June 2010
    If your Atheist you wouldn't have a church at all in your game... If your religious then you could choose to go to church and set your own schedule
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited June 2010
    I think it would be cool to have religion in our sims game, Where they could pray and have church on sunday i think when you install the sims it should ask for your language country and religion and even Athiest for people who don't believe in god. I just think it would be cool
    If I understand you correctly then you are proposing that EA should make the neighborhoods in many versions:

1. The atheist versions
    2. The Christian versions
    3. The Jewish versions
    4. The Muslim versions
    5. The Hindu versions
    and so on...

Then we should choose our religion when we install the game and this choice would decide if we should have a church, a mosque, a synagogue, a temple or whatever our chosen religion would demand?

This again would decide what kind of religious clothes and symbols would be accessible in the game and what kinds of priests, nuns, monks, imams and so on?

To put all those game versions on the same DVDs would require much extra effort by the design team and also much extra space on the DVDs. But how many people would really appreciate it?
  • Options
    magician1magician1 Posts: 3,098 Member
    edited June 2010
    NO for Religion in TS3!