Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

inheritance?

One reason why I had my sim ******* up to the elders and befriending them is to get their money, Now that he is old and move out I was wondering will he leave his family money? or has that been phase out.

Comments

• Options
    EvaGirl64EvaGirl64 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I've had several of my sim's elderly friends (best friends, at that) die and none of them left her any money. In fact, when her mother-in-law died (they lived in the same house), all she received were a few books that were placed in her inventory. The son and two grandchildren didn't receive anything. :(

On a more positive note, your sim will receive a phone call when a close friend or relative is about to die. This way you're given a head's up, so you can say your last goodbye's.

I'm curious as to what is happening in other people's games?
  • Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited June 2009
    I have only had good friend die, no family members yet....although Heather Danford is well on her way, 82 days now!! Anyways nobody received any money from those deaths.

I kind of hope its phased out, I find it way to easy to make money in the game and hated that as soon as a Sim died all my other Sims were automatically rich.

Not sure about family members passing away though.
  • Options
    freakingoddessfreakingoddess Posts: 253 New Member
    edited June 2009
    No such luck! I got one of those calls that a friend was about to die and to go visit them...I actually though that was a little hint to buff up your relationship and get yourself in the will! Hehe...so of course I ran right over. I was a bit bumped when he got nothing-does that make me a terrible person? hehe...

I have also had parents die, and they get nothing...unless of course they live in the same house, and technically they get to keep all the money. That's how I did it for one of my sims.