Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS3 + EPs & SPs - Known Glitches & Causes (all bugs in the first post) (please sticky)

Comments

• Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited June 2010
    AdelineTo wrote:
    SimGuruLily wrote:
    2. Can’t sell Invention items to the consignment store for career progress. We are aware of this issue and are checking it out. For now please sell your items the old –fashioned way through the Sell box in the inventory or in Build/Buy mode.
    SimGuruLily listed some other bugs they were looking into, for details, please go to http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/405/208022.page (the 8th msg down)

OK Thanks AdelineTo, I've now added it to the list.
    raw
  • Options
    InfamousBAHInfamousBAH Posts: 71 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I just have to say...not all of this is related to the actual GAME.

I Have Ambitions but haven't installed it. (I never do until a patch comes out because I am not very knowledgeable with computers, and can't do easy fixes.)

I Have 'updated' my game through the launcher though.

Since the update, I also cannot Dig at excavation sites, can have tattoos in CAS, do have recycle bins available in buy mode, have Sims running everywhere--and this isn't related just to "tag". Some of it happens after "reporting in" for any opportunity/ WA quests/ going to the hospital... NPC Sims do it too...can't discover what started them running though.

I have doctors that get the notice of someone needing help on a community lot...but without the actual EP installed, I cannot help them. I also cannot interact with them in any shape or form for 24 Sim hours. (except by telephone).

These are just a few, I need to keep notes I guess.
    I'm anxiously awaiting a patch (or update) so I can explore Ambitions, but it seems I've gotten a touch of a preview in it just by updating my game.
  • Options
    AbintraAbintra Posts: 454 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I think this might be placed under number 22.

When my sims are in one of the three countries and I ask them to dig out one of those.. things where some half-burried things are poking out of the ground? They lay around outside in random places in the countries and you can obtain relics and coins from them.

Anyway, when I ask my sim to dig one of them she/he just complains like something is in the way or something. They can NEVER dig any of them anymore, and this happened only after I installed Ambitions. :?
  • Options
    sarab1960sarab1960 Posts: 21 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Branr wrote:
    Speaking of tourists, if you travel to a foreign land, you do find tourists/explorers...but they are from the same land that you just traveled to (in China you get Chinese tourists).

Funny, I haven't experienced this problem. My sim recently has visited China twice and has run into both French and Egyptian tourists. I don't have, and never have had any non-EA mods or content installed.

Also, although it is said to be a common, non-mod related glitch, I have successfully excavated relics in both France and Egypt. It may be that the particular excavation sites I visited were on completely level ground, and EA has said that the problem seems to be with uneven ground. The two sites were: France - by the Celtic ruins, and Egypt - by the Ziggurat-looking building (can't remember the name of it).
  • Options
    JalidaJalida Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited June 2010

I have doctors that get the notice of someone needing help on a community lot...but without the actual EP installed, I cannot help them. I also cannot interact with them in any shape or form for 24 Sim hours. (except by telephone).

Makes me wonder if this is the "The Sims" form of DLC advertising, in that whiule you don't have the expansion installed, they still have things that are available in the expansion to entice the player to buy the expansion.

Recently I've been playing DragonAge Origins and they have some characters in the game that are there only to get you to buy the DLC content, i.e. you talk to them and they tell you about a quest and that you must buy the DLC to be able to do it. Perhaps this is how they plan it for the sims 3 game in that the content is there to entice the player to purchase Ambitions or have to feel like they've not got the full game.
  • Options
    b4k4f0xb4k4f0x Posts: 137 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Relics can be dug up if they're ON a lot apparently, for folks confused by some being excavatable and others not.

I'm having problems with one of my households where the mother and one of the many children, while NOT being Simbots, Mummies or anything of that nature, are making everyone in the same room with them stand around cheering them- they don't drop queue either, they just can't move on to what's in queue until I manually remove the problem Sim to another room.

It's not only creepy, it is nearly KILLING my Sims, I have to use the resetsim and moveobjects on cheats to keep them all from standing there forever, since even the two Sims making everyone react this way wind up 'responding' by freezing in their queue as long as there's another Sim reacting to them. (They operate fine if no one's pointing and cheering at them.)
  • Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited June 2010
    I had a serious case of a vibrating Sim in Sunset Valley. I sent my sim to the park in Sunset Valley and sent him to play chess and he stood there vibrating back and forth. I had to cancel his action and walk him step by step to the chess table.

I'm curious if this is a bug related to pathfinding issues I've noticed. Sorry I made another post before I saw this one. I've found that my sims are having a lot of difficulty sitting at eating at the table if there is another sim in the seat beside where they want to sit. They'll get the food, put it on the table and then be unable to actually sit and eat it so they'll walk away.

Dropping laundry can cause it to get 'stuck' beneath things making it unselectable. I had to go into buy mode to dislodge my laundry from a rug in the bathroom. On this note, sims shouldn't just drop laundry if you give them another task.

Has existed since the Base Game: If a child sim is taking a bath and the bath breaks, they (like toddlers before the talking bug was fixed), stretch out to be as tall as adults as they step out of the tub. I've seen a lot of this though as it seems the programmers didn't program child responses and the scripts for children carrying out certain actions is being taken from an adult script so they stretch.

Unfortunately I also have the permanent running bug. Thankfully I found out why the heck they were doing it, and yes, it is more than annoying!!

I also encountered two sim babies growing into toddlers (only these two, the others were fine) whose hair spawned at child height or walking toddler height above their heads. All I had to do was go into change appearance and it was fixed, but this only happened the once so far and hasn't happened again. Well, so far.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Jalida wrote:

Makes me wonder if this is the "The Sims" form of DLC advertising, in that whiule you don't have the expansion installed, they still have things that are available in the expansion to entice the player to buy the expansion.

Recently I've been playing DragonAge Origins and they have some characters in the game that are there only to get you to buy the DLC content, i.e. you talk to them and they tell you about a quest and that you must buy the DLC to be able to do it. Perhaps this is how they plan it for the sims 3 game in that the content is there to entice the player to purchase Ambitions or have to feel like they've not got the full game.

I think these are coming in on the patches. I have some WA favourites coming up on sims but I uninstalled WA because it was an absolute nightmare. Maybe it is marketing, but it could also be that they're not being specific enough with the updates/patches. They're not patching games like they used to for The Sims 2 where you got a patch per EP or specifically for the basegame. They're patching the basegame but the patch covering the basegame also covers WA, HELs and Ambitions. At least this is what I think is happening. The patches therefore have EP and SP information within them which is useless if you don't have the EP/SP.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    JalidaJalida Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited June 2010
    Yah, I too get the vibration or 'rotating' sim in my game too. It seems to me in my game most associated with a sim when he is trying to find the path to an object or place, sometimes when my sim is ordered to go somewhere he will rotate in a circle back and forth at hypersonic speed.

The first time that it occured, I thought to myself 'great, I've going to have to have an exorcisim on this sim' he was rotating, or vibrating so fast. Now it just seems to be the norm for my sims to do once in a while (a little more often than is even funny to watch).
  • Options
    msomogyimsomogyi Posts: 10
    edited June 2010
    I found an interesting temporary solution to the Eternal Celebration at city Hall glitch.

If you reset the Sim the celebration is FOR (hotshot Firefighter in my case) the other Sims will instantly stop celebrating and just stand there. At this point I can finally have the active Sim interact with them. The only good point of this is that the active Sim can meet loads of other Sims really fast!

However, the Firefighter always comes back and the Eternal Celebration resumes. The funny part is that if I make his the active household, he his always at home, not City Hall.
  • Options
    mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    edited June 2010
    Evil_One wrote:
    mcorral wrote:
    Hi. First of all, thank you Evil_One, you're doing a great job.

Thanks, now all we need is for EA to fix all of the bugs that've been found... Or even acknowledge that they ARE even fixing these bugs.
    mcorral wrote:
    I should say that I've never ever used any CC, or downloaded anything from The Exchange. All I got are things from The Store. Now here's what I've found:

- Firefighter career. There was a mission where I had to extinguish a fire, fix a gas problem and rescue 1 sim. All went fine until I had to fix the gas issue. There were no stove in the house. Don't remember the lot but I think it was either the roomies or the high-tech friends. I searched the house thoroughtly and I couldn't find anything related to gas, so I had to let the time pass and fail the job.

- Deeds. Since Ambitions I don't get deeds when I become a partner. I can go to the building and collect the money though.

- After my sim reached the top of the firefighter career I created another family and started to play them. The wife was a stylist and it was very strange that everybody was cancelling the appointment. EVERYONE. Someone told me to check City Hall and voilá, the whole town were stuck celebrating forever the promotion of my firefighter sim.

- Consignment Store. One of my sims is an inventor. He tried to sell his first inventions via the Consignment Store and I realised that all the inventions sold were not counting as experience for him. I had to sell them via the inventory.

The gas leak without a stove bug I'll need confirmation on, has anyone else had this?

Businesses are now owned by the entire family as opposed to a single sim and thus deeds are no longer added (I don't think this is a bug).

I've added the 'Eternal Celebrations' bug to the list.

As for the Consignment Store, when you trade something in to the consignment store you don't immediately sell it, instead you have to wait and see if it sells (sometimes they don't are are returned in the post), I think the consignment store is just meant to be a pawn shop and isn't intended for inventors to advance their careers (although I could be wrong, if someone knows otherwise feel free to correct me).

Hi. Thank you for your answer.

About the Consignment Store. One of the things that improves the Inventor's career is selling the stuff the inventor creates. I know that when you trade something in to the consignment store you don't sell it inmediately. There's a message, sometime later, that tells you what has been sold and the money you get when you really sell it. The problem is that after receiving the message to tell me that my inventions were sold, my experience didn't improve.

I have two more possible bugs:

- I moved the Wolff's house to another lot because I love that place and I placed there my house. Since then, when I change the view to map view I don't see my house but the Wolff's. If I zoom in again I can see it's indeed my house.

- Medical Career. When my sim is working as usual and I click on "perform a job" in the job tab it says "working" but my performance bar decreases. If I don't perform the job and wait until I finish my working hours to do the job there's a message telling me that it was too late to do the job. ¿?

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    As for the Medical Career Query, you can actually take your sim out of work to do the opportunities that come up. Don't accept them unless you want your sim to leave work or you'll have performance decrease as I found in the medical career that there weren't any after working hours opportunities being offered. X them out of work and send them wherever. I thought that odd too that they aren't separate from the work day.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    Schaapje47Schaapje47 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Another glitch for me (besides about half of the already listed ones) is that the family tree doesn't work anymore (in the sense that if you click it, the button 'presses' in, but nothing pops up).

No mods or anything installed.
  • Options
    Saber42Saber42 Posts: 10
    edited June 2010
    No matter how much my inventor sells, the profession still shows he needs to sell $30 more to progress to level 2 of the profession.
  • Options
    purplebuttinpurplebuttin Posts: 1
    edited June 2010
    Is anyone's game just plain old crashing? Mine will just shut off completely and go to the desktop of my PC. I feel like I have wasted my money. I tried to see if there were any downloads/patches to fix the problem but I haven't seen any yet. I haven't had any issues until I got Ambitions.
    :(
  • Options
    SimsSims Posts: 151 Member
    edited June 2010
    I have number 13, It's REALLY annoying.

My firefighter profession is also very glitched up. I will free all the sims and put out the fire but the timer never stops.

When my Sims get promotions the little info box doesn't pop up anymore to let me know they got a promotion and description of new job.

After my Sims glitched firefighting mission he won't stop running.

I don't know if this is a glitch but that "spooky music" will randomly play at night that usually signifies a robber...but there's no robber.

For some reason whenever I rotate the world my game lags SO bad. This shouldn't be a problem because by default most my graphic settings are set high, I tried putting everything on low and it still lags bad whenever I rotate.

Cloth changing is also taking a long time.

Also is just me or do the sims seem to be walking odd? Like they used to walk pretty natural now they seem more robot like.

.....It's a really good ep just a lot of bugs :|

• Options
    sesshisesshi Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2010
    My kids sometimes can't use the toy oven and when they can, they are unable to sell their wares at the bake sale table.

When traveling, random townies would die, mostly from starvation, and would kill any quest they were involved in.

The school was a park for me. I heard that there is an invisible object causing a route fail and you would have to delete the school. After I did that, my kids were able to go to school but other sims getting an opportunity at the school could not go in.

Also, sometimes when interacting with my toddlers, my sim's queue would completely drop if the toddler was doing something or going somewhere.
  • Options
    Schaapje47Schaapje47 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Purplebuttin, yes, I only started playing Ambitions yesterday and it's already crashed twice. So I've been saving my game every sim day now.
  • Options
    DroodDrood Posts: 30
    edited June 2010
    Hi, I haven't read the entire thread so excuse me if I echo people.

Crash to desktop after sending sims abroad. Happened twice. I now save before they go and after they get back although that didn't work either see below.

Vanish. I sent a sim abroad and saved immediately on his return. Played for a bit, crashed to desktop. Next time i resumed the sim was invisible, I didn't want to move them out which worked with invisible sims in WA so I decided to try to turn her into a mummy. I thought that might reset her appearance enough that she would reappear :? It was worth a shot.
    Anyway because i'm an idiot, before she came out of the sarcophagus I sent another sim abroad :roll: When he came back her thumbnail had disappeared too.
    I wouldn't really mind except according to the game she still lives in the house. Her bed comes up as Neena's bed when I tell another sim to sleep in it and when i tried to move another sim in to replace her it said there were too many sims in the household (without her there are seven) I've now abandoned that game.

Frozen vehicle. Happens after sending a sim abroad. Old WA bug. Car is stuck in road. I've had some sims still able to use it and sometimes it's just stuck. Whichever if you move them out the car is gone forever.

Invisible gnomes. Bye bye my creepy little babies. Did anyone else get worried about what they would do the first time they crept in the house to watch tv? I thought they might murder the sims or something :mrgreen:

Sound fade. Scared the bejeezus out of me when it came back on.

Other. There's a sim stuck dying outside the science building. She and her two gawkers have been there about a sim week. She's floating but hasn't gone grey yet and no grimmy. Neither of her gawkers are complaining about being hungry or anything like that.

My sim wanted to see a ghost I sent him to the graveyard and had him hang around for hours waiting for a ghost. I had him give a friendly introduction when one finally showed up and it zoomed out to map view and back onto my sim standing on his home lot!!

Also if you put a fire pole in your house every time a sim goes down it you zoom back to them.

I salvaged a globe at the junkyard and it's stuck in my sim's inventory. I know other people have this problem.

Two old glitches from WA but I'm enjoying my moan so I'll include them anyway. Can be very hard to place objects in buy mode. They won't move, they refuse to go on top of something (if that's what they're designed to do) they zoom off the lot, they zoom back onto the lot. Sometimes rotating the screen helps.

If you have an opportunity to upgrade something and return it to the owner you'll get a notice saying you sold it if you go abroad and come back. The object will be there on your lawn still, you'll just lose the opportunity is all.

Glad i got that out there.
    Happy simming :)

EDIT: Forgot to mention, no mods, no cc
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    SimangoSimango Posts: 427 Member
    edited June 2010
    I didn't want to post a new thread because this was here.

I think many people are having this problem but it's happened to me twice in the firefighting career once when I was fighting a large fire (my first one too) I saved the two sims (they didn't actually leave the house for some reason....I think they couldn't route outside but It did come up that they had escaped) and put out all the fires but the music kept on going and the timer too. So I had to leave and got a telling off for failing the task which I did not fail! :evil: (I would have gotten an A on my first big fire and all :( instead I got a big fat F)

Secondly it's just after happening when I went to the science facility to tackle a rip in space/time. I completed it under 3 hours and thought "yay I get an A" but no the music kept going so I clicked on it again but it didn't finish to second time I completed it either. So I got another lovely big F.

It's really annoying to fail something that you didn't actually fail, where's the justice gone? :cry: At the least the job progression drop isn't too big...so for now I can try and compensate for failed missions by learning skills.

Hope it's something Ea are looking into
  • Options
    carriediannecarriedianne Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Also, I noticed that I cannot put stairs to the basement if there is a foundation. Worse yet, the game keeps freezing up permanently when I go from build mode to live mode. Urg...too many glitches!
  • Options
    SimangoSimango Posts: 427 Member
    edited June 2010
    I just noticed one of my sims has had the fresh clothes moodlet at 16h for almost a whole day....it's not going down every hour. That sim is my firefighter sim I wonder if that has anything to do with the firefighting problems...

My other sim in the house (the stylist) has her fresh clothes moodlet at 5h and both my firefighter sim and stylist sim got the fresh clothes moodlet around the same time.

That's not that bad though :lol:
  • Options
    playeralyalyweklplayeralyalywekl Posts: 1,345 Member
    edited June 2010
    Evil_One wrote:

You're welcome.

With regards to performance jumps I'm not 'entirely' sure that is actually a bug, the dropping of the performance is due to the sim not actually being at a workplace during work hours (it should really say heading to work and not working) so I suppose that could be considered a bug, however the sudden performance increases and decreases are generated by those jobs that involve treating numerous sims, the performance increase or decrease is measured by how many sims were or weren't treated as opposed to a time based increase or decrease and thus can create some pretty startling jumps.

That's just it- this side job had nothing to do with treating a number of Sims. Now, I would see what you are saying he was going to a vaccination or a free health clinic, which is out in public where you have to get to as many sims as possible.

However, in this instance, he was leaving the hospital rabbit hole to go to the corporate towers rabbit hole. There he stayed inside until finished, like an opportunity. So you can see, job performance levels based on # of Sims treated doesn't apply here. I am back at square one. :?
  • Options
    DarkFireFlyDarkFireFly Posts: 1,514 Member
    edited June 2010
    Forgive me if this has been mentioned, as I didn't read all the way through all 9 pages. I've had a few instances of a sim standing in air, either visible inside the house in a weird way (as if the floor is invisible) or standing outside the house at second story level.

The original list is quite thorough!
  • Options
    playeralyalyweklplayeralyalywekl Posts: 1,345 Member
    edited June 2010
    JTBSims wrote:
    How did you put those pictures up? I print screened mine, but I'm having a hard time figuring it out.

I had a hard time figuring it out too! You won't be able to make use of the print screen key until you have an image editing program. Apparently a 'Paint' program is supposed to come with Windows systems, but if you're like me and you don't have Paint, you can easily google it and download something similar (that is safe, of course.) I downloaded a program called 'Paint.Net', and it's great and really easy to use. :wink: