Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PLEASE HELP!! Tattoo artist career..

Was wondering if anyone could help me...!!

I cant seem to get my sim to be on the Tattoo artist career...I created a sim specifically for that career option, but I have tried many ways, and the option never comes up...

When I click on the Salon the only job option is stylist..Tried trough the computer and newspaper...the same. The option to be a tattoo artist never shows up... :(

How to I get my sim to be on that career and make a living that way???
I assumed when I bought the game that the careers available for us to play with are : Stylist, firefighter, inventor, tattoo artist, doctor, ghost buster, architecm and PI...am I right???

Thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,767 Member
    edited June 2010
    the tattoo is not a career or a skill its only something you can moonlight by.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    TwilightxbTwilightxb Posts: 854 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Sadly it's not a career you can buy a chair and invite people over and give them tattoos but it's not a profession sadly
  • Options
    AnaSophiaAnaSophia Posts: 19 New Member
    edited June 2010
    What?? Not even an option??

Tks for the reply guys....I really feel deceived..Why would EA advertise a profession that you CANT become..??? Its actually enfuriating since I just spent 40 euros on it and that was one of the professions I was looking forward to... :(

Anymore bad surprises??
  • Options
    pdxwinnpdxwinn Posts: 1,787 Member
    edited June 2010
    More bad surprises? lmbo. . . well yes there are many.

As long as we're on the tattoo subject - don't bother with the automatic tattoo chair. It is a waste of 5000+ Simoleons and will only irritate you. I tried and tried to do the tattoo'ist career to and never could. I even tried buying a tattoo chair and doing it out of my Sims house - nope. I tried buying a automatic tattoo chair - I have yet to see the chair put on a decent tattoo - it doesn't work. To make it worse - when you try to remove the bad tats the chair did - it removes ALL the tats your Sim had even those done prior to the chair snafu. ARRRGGGHHH!

Ambitions is a GREAT addition to the S3 game - seriously, it rocks! BUT it is packed full of glitches.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited June 2010
    I think this is just a bug, because on the front page, and on the launcher is says

Play As: Tattoo Artist, Change lives for better, or for worse.

In my opinion, they can't have a woman holding a tattoo gun, calling her a tattoo artist as a reference to the stylist. Tattoo Artist has to be a choice. If it's not, then that's false advertising, which is insanely illegal, and quite annoying.
  • Options
    KattieKattie Posts: 184 Member
    edited June 2010
    Ah, but they only said you can play as a tattoo artist, not 'join the tattoo artist profession'.

So it's not technically false advertising, as they have not said anywhere that it is an actual profession.
  • Options
    debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited June 2010
    MadameLee wrote:
    the tattoo is not a career or a skill its only something you can moonlight by.

Can you register as self-employed to be a tattoo artist?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Kattie wrote:
    Ah, but they only said you can play as a tattoo artist, not 'join the tattoo artist profession'.

So it's not technically false advertising, as they have not said anywhere that it is an actual profession.

Ah, what do they expect of "playing as a tattoo artist" when your also "playing as a stylist" "playing as a ghost hunter". Yes it is false advertising, in a blog it states that he registered his sim as a tattoo artist, so he gives the best in town. If it's not a profession, it needs to be removed from the main screen, and the launcher.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    After looking there is no difference in what it says for each tab. Having the tattoo artist up there, is hard evidence that

A. Tattoo artist is a profession.

B. False advertising.

But with their who knows how many page long terms of use that no one reads, they could have anything in there. By hitting accept we're saying we don't care, that the promised professions weren't as you advertised them to be. It's all a big sales thing. They advertise it as cool as could be, and then sell you a product that is buggy, and just doesn't live up to what they say. But we as the customer can do nothing.
  • Options
    ANNAPTXANNAPTX Posts: 3,742 Member
    edited June 2010
    I do believe that one can register as self-employed, and thus be a self-employed tattoo artist....does not change the fact, however, that tattoo artist is simply a skill, and not a profession...drat!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    In a way the self-employed jobs are considered professions. But from what i've read there have been people who cannot self employ themselves as tattoo artists, me included. As i stated a few posts up, this is probably a bug.
  • Options
    dylsoccer12dylsoccer12 Posts: 9,357 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Actually, The box says NOTHING about Joining the Tatto profesion! so, its not false advertisement.
  • Options
    SgloomiSgloomi Posts: 280 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Some things I've noticed about Tattooing:

- The Automatic Tattoo chair is useful to raise the hidden skill a bit. Send your Sim into it a bunch of times and that makes it less likely to give a bad tattoo to other sims when you do it with the manual chair.

- The Automatic Chair is bugged. Every time you send a sim into it, it creates a random Everyday Outfit, any number of them and not just the extra two you get with the Dresser. The only workaround is to send your sim to the dresser after tattooing and delete the junk outfits.

- The only thing a high Tattoing skill-level does is make it less likely to give other sims bad tattoos instead of taking em to CAS.

- The only reason for a Tattoo Artist in the Salon is to have a high-level one around for when you want to get tattoos early and with a reasonable degree of success.

Personally, given the small number of things you can actually do with Tattooing, I think making a Profession would get really old, really fast. Real-Life Tattooists might have interesting lives, compared to say a store-clerk, but that has nothing much to do with the mechanics of tattooing in-game. It would have been nice if it could have been rolled into Stylist, though, as one of the things you could do in a makeover.
  • Options
    tj19941994tj19941994 Posts: 653 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Actually, The box says NOTHING about Joining the Tatto profesion! so, its not false advertisement.

Um, not in text, no, but look at the front of the box, if the girl tatooing someone isn't advertising a tat artist career then, well, what it?
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited June 2010
    Tattoo is only a hidden skill in the game. So we can't register our Sims as self-employed Tattoo Artists because only skills that are not hidden can be used to register as self-employed.

There is a NPC in the salon who is a Tattoo Artist though. So my Sim invited her to move in. She accepted. But then she immediately lost her job as Tattoo Artist and became unemployed. So only NPC's can become Tattoo Artists in this game. The Tattoo Artist career isn't available for playable Sims.
  • Options
    danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited June 2010
    :/
  • Options
    DreathorDreathor Posts: 158 New Member
    edited June 2010
    tj19941994 wrote:

Um, not in text, no, but look at the front of the box, if the girl tatooing someone isn't advertising a tat artist career then, well, what it?

It's for the doctor career, on a very... very... very bad day :twisted:
  • Options
    ErikMTLErikMTL Posts: 93 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I don't know about the box since I purchased digitally, but their advertising has definitely been leading people to believe that Tattoo Artist is a playable profession.

Just look at the front page of this website. The "Seeking unqualified applicants" ad clearly shows tattoo artists under the heading "play as".

On the other hand, the manual mentions nothing about making money from tattooing.

It seems like a case of the marketing department not being on the same page as the development team. They really should get it sorted out.
  • Options
    KalikoaKalikoa Posts: 6
    edited June 2010
    in one of my games the tattoo artist was also a firefighter. I was kinda surprised. this Firefighting NPC even had the same everyday outfit my stylist sim had given her to highlight her tattoos! :shock: lol.
  • Options
    taligal4taligal4 Posts: 33
    edited June 2010
    I was kinda disappointed when I realized I couldn't be a tattoo artist, but that was just a quick thing, it didn't bug me too much. I think the rest of the ep makes up for it and then some. I just love it and really think it was worth buying. I mean, come on, ghost hunting!! That's just sick! :D
  • Options
    HipHippieGirlHipHippieGirl Posts: 205
    edited June 2010
    tj19941994 wrote:

Similarly to that is the inventor and the robot...Just a quick question: one of my sims mastered inventing, can't invent anything else, and no robot, especially like the one shown. Granted, I got the lifetime happiness points for the simbot, but wth???
  • Options
    JaanaDruidJaanaDruid Posts: 1,116 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Hmmm. If a picture is worth 1,000 words, then tattoo artist = 99.99% false advertising. Just like the non-existent fashion runway and runway model interactions advertised in H&M for Sims 2. :roll:

And yeah, that automatic tattooing chair in the salon is DEFINITELY bugged. After doing a self tattoo on one of my sims, CAS decided to give him a bonus free makeover. It basically deleted his everyday outfit and smeared his ENTIRE BODY a bizzare nude pink color from the neck down! :shock:

This sometimes happens to my sims when exiting CAS from using the dresser/mirror at random times in the game. Whenever it does, the game typically soft crashes to the desktop. Which it quite predictably did once my sim left the tattoo chair. :?

But like drake_mcarty said, it's buyer beware. Your acceptance of the liscening agreement = absolving the game manufacturer of ALL responsibilty for not delivering product content as advertised.

The only absolute safeguard against this is to not buy the game.....

• Options
    ilovesims3addictilovesims3addict Posts: 59
    edited June 2010
    Well, technically, it is not false advertising. EA never said it was a profession, nor did they say you could make money from it. I am scanning the booklet for the sims 3 ambitions right now and it doesn't say a thing about tattoing even being a skill. So, no, it is NOT false advertising unless they say: Tattoo Artist is a profession: It is only a skill, and you CAN become self employed. :-) So, you people saying it is false advertising should be embarassed. :oops:
  • Options
    MissHecticMissHectic Posts: 49
    edited June 2010
    :?:look at the home page of the site, it says jobs avaiable "tattooist"
    so obvs they are sayiny you can be one, its just you cant. its false.
    there liars, and shouldnt say you can be.
    also how do you get to be a doctor? all you can do is go into the medical career.?
    :?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Well, technically, it is not false advertising. EA never said it was a profession, nor did they say you could make money from it. I am scanning the booklet for the sims 3 ambitions right now and it doesn't say a thing about tattoing even being a skill. So, no, it is NOT false advertising unless they say: Tattoo Artist is a profession: It is only a skill, and you CAN become self employed. :-) So, you people saying it is false advertising should be embarassed. :oops:

ilovesims3addict, people trying to smart off and be a complete jerk to people over the forums just really get to me. It is been stated that yes you can become a tattoo artist, it *IS* a bug. The prima guide has so much false information in it, that it's not worth buying, so scan through there all you wish, because you're bound to find some stuff that's not actually in the game. False advertising is unavoidable, it happens everwhere, The sims? yes. The lawn mower your parents want to buy? yes The house you're thinking about buying? yes, everywhere you go you are going to get some type of lie to make whatever you want sound more appealing. Remember, the EA team *wants* you to buy the game, they will do whatever it takes to make the game sound better. As i said it's unavoidable, no need to be embarrassed stating the truth. :) :!: