Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Magnolia Cottage

KayBeaKayBea Posts: 388 New Member
Hi everyone, here is Magnolia Cottage. Feedback is welcome.

Screenshot-125.jpg"width=640""height=480"

More pics: http://s1025.photobucket.com/albums/y316/KayBea_Sim3/Magnolia%20Cottage/
Link to lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2482416

Edit: Thanks to everyone that gave a comment and/or rec. I was very happy to learn that their was nothing wrong with the cottage, as I was afraid of in the beginning.

Comments

• Options
    DrapesDrapes Posts: 2,794 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I'll rec it :D
    I got a message from a Guru or whatever saying I reached 1,000 recs, the thing is I looked at my studio and I only have 6 or 7. It's weird. They might be not showing
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'll rec it
    I got a message from a Guru or whatever saying I reached 1,000 recs, the thing is I looked at my studio and I only have 6 or 7. It's weird. They might be not showing
    Thank you, Drapes. I thought that too, but then they sent me all the badges, and I didn't have enough downloads to justify it.
  • Options
    SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited June 2010
    KayBea- I can tell you that most people on the exchange do not recommend. Most of the recs you are going to get would be from Creative Corner if people like your lot. If you post showcase of your lot you will have a better chance of getting recs. You had 2 and now you should have(one from me :D ) three. It's a very cute cottage and I like the interiors a lot. Also, the badges for recs are wrong. They have been given to a lot off people who don't really have that many recs so they won't tell you anything unfortunately.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Thank you SimEve. I guess I just thought of the recs as a way to say thank you, or I like that. I know it's a small cottage, but I'm still a fairly new builder, and it took me awhile to do. So when I saw 0 recs I had to wonder if it was worth it.
  • Options
    SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited June 2010
    I understand! It would be nice if everyone would rec but some just never do even some who say they like it still don't. Who knows why. And since you are a new builder it may be that once people get to know your work they will be more inclined to stop by your thread and check your lots out. Certainly don't give up!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Thank you again SimEve, that made me feel a little better. I'll be sure to take your advice next time I build as well, and post a showcase of the lot.
  • Options
    DenisimmsDenisimms Posts: 127 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I really like your cottage a lot!! I have rec'ed and am going to DL it .. will be a nice house for Twinbrook. Its unfortunate that people don't give a rec when they download your items, frustrating I guess, but it is what it is. Thanks for sharing this adorable house!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Thank you Denisimms. I'm glad you like the house, and your right it is what it is. I was just having a bad morning, and got easily discouraged.
  • Options
    Isabel83Isabel83 Posts: 2,350 Member
    edited June 2010
    I like your cottage too, so pretty! I gave it a rec for you :) Don't worry about not getting recs, people seem to be too lazy to do it for some reason, happens to a lot of people.
  • Options
    kimwriter75kimwriter75 Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited June 2010
    I love your home. The roof is awesome. Your interior is fabulous...just the right amount of decor.

As for recs. Same happens to me. If you're not well known, you don't get rec'd as much.

On another note, the magnolia is one of my favorite trees. I made a Magnolia Bungalow but I can't get the dern thing to upload. I've changed the name to The Sweetbay Magnolia. So if you see another magnolia house, you know the story! :)
    Imagination > Knowledge
  • Options
    vanilijavanilija Posts: 3,411 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I love it. It's adorable. I really like the pastel colors. Rec'd! :D
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Thank you! :D
    @kimwriter Magnolia trees are so pretty, I'm so glad ea added them. I can't wait to see the Sweetbay Magnolia!
  • Options
    kimwriter75kimwriter75 Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited June 2010
    KayBea wrote:
    Thank you! :D
    @kimwriter Magnolia trees are so pretty, I'm so glad ea added them. I can't wait to see the Sweetbay Magnolia!

Yeah, me too! :mrgreen: If I can ever get it uploaded! I think I may have to rebuild it. :(
    Imagination > Knowledge
  • Options
    TfbobTfbob Posts: 747 Member
    edited June 2010
    KayBea- This is a very nice build! It looks so warm and cozy. I really like the roof and the landscaping in front is just right. A rec from me!
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    edited June 2010
    As the others have said, people just dont bother to rec, they just download and use(and enjoy) the fruits of your labors. Guess clicking that rec button is just tooooooo hard! Rec from me!!
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    edited June 2010
    Thank you Tfbob and Kimjo. :)
  • Options
    LightSideLightSide Posts: 1,264 New Member
    edited June 2010
    What a lovely place KayBea!
    I love the exteriors, they look wonderful, though the flooring could have been something else.

The landscaping is great, which makes me want to ask, is that flowering tree a CC item or did it come with ambitions.

As for the interiors, they are just so cozy, and calm.

Off to rec.
    Thanks for sharing.

~Light~
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Thank you Lightside, and yes the magnolia tree came with ambitions.
  • Options
    AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Very sweet build :) happy to drop a rec for you :)
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited June 2010
    Very elegant....I love the peach and green together and the exterior will fit in so nicely in Twinbrook. Excellent job. :D
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited June 2010
    Your cottage looks lovely! Love the front porch very much! The garden is pretty too! Inside, I love the living room, dining area and the double bedroom! Recommended! :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Thank you Allium, Ruthlesskk, and Yanti! :D

@ Ruthless - I was hoping for a touch of elegance, but I wasn't quite sure if I got it so I'm really happy to hear you say that.
    @ Yanti - I'm glad you like the garden. I was really worried about it. I think I redid the landscaping four times.
  • Options
    Kitkat7145Kitkat7145 Posts: 1,018 New Member
    edited June 2010
    So cute! I love the exterior colors and you did a fantastic job on the landscaping. I might have gone for a little more dimension on the roof, but this one does have a realistic look to it. I've seen a house in our historic district that looks a lot like this one. I'm unable to rec right now, but I'll drop you one when I can access the Exchange again.
  • Options
    florida1cowboyflorida1cowboy Posts: 1,403 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Reco'd all n Fav'd 2 ^^ Happy SIMMING! :) ^^
  • Options
    cyberman418cyberman418 Posts: 849 Member
    edited June 2010
    Hey KayBea,

Every aspect of this lot is really well thought out, and I see you have worked really hard on it! The exterior colour and design is perfect, and the interiors just feel so cozy!
    Again, fantastic work KayBea. There's a rec' coming you way and I hope to see another great lot soon!

~C418~