Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wanna Get hit by a meteor? Get your sim to a junk yard!

2 times now i have had my sims get hit by a meteor while collecting scrap and detonating junk. lol who needs a telescope when you have a junk yard! Both times this happened in Bayless Memorial Junkyard in Twinbrook.

Comments

• Options
    TiumiTiumi Posts: 545 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Is there any way to disable the meteors? (I don't have Ambitions yet, but was wondering about this)

I didn't really plan on having to keep dodging meteors throughout my game. I never did plan on the satellite deaths in TS2 either, but atleast that only happend if your Sim watched the clouds (I think that was the action), however, these meteors in TS3 sound like they'll hit Sims whenever, whereever they fancy.

Sure, we have a chance to save them (that they're random and rare), but I'd rather not have to in the first place. I hope someone understands where I'm coming from here, but I feel like I am in the minority on this one.
  • Options
    MenenMenen Posts: 218 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Wait, you can die by meteors now?

• Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited June 2010
    Tiumi,

Its not that common for your sims to be hit by meteors. I've been playing with Ambitions for awhile, with multiple households in multiple saved games, and not one of them has been hit, yet. In fact I have yet to even see a meteor in one of my games.
  • Options
    4thefunofit44thefunofit4 Posts: 3,032 Member
    edited February 2011

but i have read a previous thread where the simmer had sims that got meteors on their lots daily so if you do get too many it might be a glitch (Where you get too many meteor hits). And i dont know of any ways to disable the meteors.....sorry
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, I saw that thread, as well. It is meant to be rare, so daily events like that sound very much like a bug. If it was like laundry and earthquakes which are optional, that would have been great. I guess my Sim will have to dodge them forever or until they allow me to disable it within a patch or update. :lol:

Thanks anyway for answering my question. :-)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    im curious, do you have story progression enabled?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I always disable story progression.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Yikes, that sounds like a glitchy game then. Sucks.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Ah, there has been a misunderstanding. I don't have Ambitions yet, I was just thinking ahead and wondering if we could disable them, is all. I'll take the answer you gave as there being no way to disable and just hope they include the option within a patch. :-)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Tiumi wrote:
    Ah, there has been a misunderstanding. I don't have Ambitions yet, I was just thinking ahead and wondering if we could disable them, is all. I'll take the answer you gave as there being no way to disable and just hope they include the option within a patch. :-)
    yea huge misunderstanding
  • Options
    kellywestkellywest Posts: 899 New Member
    edited June 2010
    2 times now i have had my sims get hit by a meteor while collecting scrap and detonating junk. lol who needs a telescope when you have a junk yard! Both times this happened in Bayless Memorial Junkyard in Twinbrook.

This might explain why I found a grave-stone at the junkyard the last time my Sim visited. I must have missed it but one of the townies died at the junkyard and I couldn't figure out how that happened as I've never found a random grave-stone lying around a public lot before other than a cemetery.

• Options
    NokuoroNokuoro Posts: 3,413 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I have had Ambitions for 2 weeks (like everyone else) and i have made my sim master the logic skill by spending most of their time looking through it.. and spending a lot of time outside. but no meteor.. i have spent a lot of time in the junk yard digging though piles and detonating other sims cars.. but no meteor..

but usually every time my sim looks though the telescope they 'spot' and meteor... then i go all the way across town and find a tiny space rock.. yay big fun lol.

Any other ideas?
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited June 2010
    kellywest wrote:

This might explain why I found a grave-stone at the junkyard the last time my Sim visited. I must have missed it but one of the townies died at the junkyard and I couldn't figure out how that happened as I've never found a random grave-stone lying around a public lot before other than a cemetery.

there is a grave stone in one of the small junk yards in twinbrook its been there from the begging when i first played twinbrook i sent my sim for scrap and there was a grave stone. i wanted more random deaths in the game so i was excited to here about the meteor's but i have yet to get one in my game, i have had random fires break out in other houses tho and got to move camera to see it and fireman turn up, but no deaths with them.
  • Options
    vgmusicbookwormvgmusicbookworm Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited June 2010
    i do know that mts has something that can increase or decrease meteor attacks. apparently every sim he tried playing ended up flattened or scorched by space rocks
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    i do know that mts has something that can increase or decrease meteor attacks. apparently every sim he tried playing ended up flattened or scorched by space rocks
    Yea i downloaded that and chose the version where you get the worst possible outcome and let me tell you........nothing has happened....i wonder if its clashing with awesomemod. i really thought all heck would break loose as soon as i install it in my game, nothing yet. I took it out actually.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    edited June 2010
    The father was at the scrap yard twice a day and nothing.He finally died of old age.

The idea of meteors and earthquakes I guess it all depends on the sim.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    The father was at the scrap yard twice a day and nothing.He finally died of old age.

The idea of meteors and earthquakes I guess it all depends on the sim.
    Well the title of my thread is kind of a joke, i just thought it was interesting that both times my 2 very different sims got hit by meteors they happened to be collecting scrap in the junk yard (the same junkyard though...)

....i cant guarantee a thing tho. Sucks you couldnt get a meteor hit...

I havent had earthquakes happen with out mods or cheats tho, i wonder if its more for the firefighting profession since, at a higher level of the firefighting profession there is an earthquake emergency where you have to rescue sims....doesnt mean that earthquakes cant happen without being in the firefighting profession, but maybe more likely to happen when your sim is a firefighter? I am guessing.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    just tell you how random this game is, i had my sim and her whole family head out to the spa, first sim who left was the wife, she went in a firetruck as she's driving i hear the notice that signals a meteor is about to hit her, every one is going in separate cars so i had to cancel every one else's interaction and have them head home. The meteor misses her and and crashes in the middle of the street. This game is so random.
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    edited July 2010
    My sim got killed by a meteor the other day. Although, he was not hit by it exactly, it must have been the shock wave or something. Who knows. All he was doing was looking through the telescope. I did have a funny one the other day. My sim was at the Science facility attending an inventor class. As soon as he got out a meteor struck and obliterated the whole building. Nothing left. I fixed it later of course, but I was surprised that a meteor could completely take out an entire building, let alone a community building. Strange. But funny! :-)
  • Options
    Silverstar5668Silverstar5668 Posts: 73 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Meteors are random and it happened only once in my game... my sim was squashed by a meteor (and survived BTW) while fishing at the beach in Sunset Valley... The people that have frequent meteor showers may have a glitch or hack...
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    yea i have read bout people having the glitch where they get a meteor hit every day, i kind of wish that was my game! would make it interesting for sure!lol
  • Options
    NpisvajNpisvaj Posts: 729 Member
    edited July 2010
    Lol, thanks for warning me :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    Faith417Faith417 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited January 2011
    One of my sims got hit by a meteor (and died) the first time she looked through the telescope. She'd had a wish for me to buy a telescope for the longest time so finally I did and I had her look through it to raise her logic skill. A little bit later I get a notice that she spotted a meteor that was getting bigger and bigger. All these neighbors showed up and were pointing at the sky and I was kind of freaked out. Then the meteor fell on her, killing her and destroying everything on my patio (including the new telescope I just bought) lol. I thought it was hilarious but I didn't save the game because I really liked that sim. I gave her the insane and inappropriate traits and she was really fun to play with. Strangely enough she didn't have the unlucky trait... :p
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited January 2011
    Faith417 wrote:
    One of my sims got hit by a meteor (and died) the first time she looked through the telescope. She'd had a wish for me to buy a telescope for the longest time so finally I did and I had her look through it to raise her logic skill. A little bit later I get a notice that she spotted a meteor that was getting bigger and bigger. All these neighbors showed up and were pointing at the sky and I was kind of freaked out. Then the meteor fell on her, killing her and destroying everything on my patio (including the new telescope I just bought) lol. I thought it was hilarious but I didn't save the game because I really liked that sim. I gave her the insane and inappropriate traits and she was really fun to play with. Strangely enough she didn't have the unlucky trait... :p

That is because it is a priviledge to be hit by a meteor.

P.S. I haven't have had a meteor yet in my entire ambitions experience (August 1st to now).
  • Options
    burritocowburritocow Posts: 57
    edited January 2011
    My sim got hit while she was at school...

Dominique wonders why it has gotten so dark.

And then she was gone...
    :twisted: