Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about error code 12

I currently have one save file (haven't checked on the other save though) that is being affected by error code 12. I know the basic work around with the .bad and renaming files and such.

However what I am wondering is whether or not this will affect my whole game or just that one save. In other words if I delete the whole save that the error code has been occuring on will that eliminate the problem or is my whole game going to need to be reinstalled?

I've read quite a bit on this error (but this is the first time I've ever experienced it) and it seems no one can really pinpoint what's causing the problem in the first place.

Comments

• Options
    IamMamainredIamMamainred Posts: 7,042 New Member
    edited June 2010
    If the save is bad, & it can be even if there is no .bad file showing you delete it, rename the back up. If that fails as well you delete it & start a new game.
    You should not need to uninstall.

Game files can corrupt for a lot of reasons, bad CC conflicts, PC specs issues, games glitch issues.

I have never had a game file corrupt & I have all the packs installed & a lot of store content. But, I have a gaming PC, so it far exceed what the game needs.
  • Options
    MaeraMaera Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited June 2010
    I haven't had this issue up until now either, and I've played since launch my specs are fine. I just reinstalled the game on release day because of other problems I was having (found out I didn't need to reinstall after all, turning DEP off fixed my problem), so this is a really fresh game.

I just wanted to know if this error code 12 is going to be a game wide problem or if it's going to be limited to this one save. Because I don't want to ruin my other family if it's going to affect multiple saves, I'd rather just reinstall again.

The other question I have, is if I save the household (on the affected save) to the bin, will it be corrupt in a new save as well?