Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mysteries of Twinbrook & The Dead ! Why the resurrected sims are green & other colors &why no Shoes?

Update December 1 2011: OMG Wow. People keep adding theories, sadly a lot of them are repeating what was written before around the time I originally posted this thread. Or some theories kind of make no sense to me in connection to the given stories of the sims or town(...imo not to be mean.)
I don't know if I'll be participating anymore but I'll check in from time to time and see if anyone has found something new out since obviously the good folks at EA have no interest in clearing up anything for us. (Aside from the green resurrected sims is done on purpose) Let's keep it courteous! PS, reading as much as possible from early on in the thread is worth it so you know what has and hasn't been discussed. And let me tell you a lot was already discussed!

Update on Wed August 25th 2010: Welcome to my thread which has grown a lot. If you want to participate i highly recommend you sit back, get a snack if needed and read on to the possibilities of life that EA has created for us. Take your time reading the theories and if you can add any credible theories of your own you are more than welcome to!
-4thefunofit4

Recently i resurrected Erik Darling and he came back normally, with his healthy skin that was pink ...and his regular outfit.

I just resurrected all the sims buried in the Twinbrook Graveyard and first thing i noticed is that they are all barefoot.

Along with that they are all pale green.

What in the world?

Need i mention the fact that even though some of them have the same last names of some of the residents that the sims have no family relations whatsoever?! What is going on? lol
screenshot103.jpg
Steward Curious as a Ghost

screenshot106.jpg
Steward Curious resurrected

screenshot105d.jpg

the other resurrected sims

Comments

• Options
    KolbyKolby Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited June 2010
    Wow, that is wicked creepy. Very realistic...
  • Options
    KolbyKolby Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited June 2010
    *doube post* :(

• Options
    chidorigowoofchidorigowoof Posts: 21
    edited June 2010
    Lol Win. You got yourself a Zombie army.
  • Options
    KittycattylionKittycattylion Posts: 3,934 Member
    edited June 2010
    wasn't the Curious family supposed to be a curious family? :lol:
    a.k.a. Pixelpuppetry
  • Options
    4thefunofit44thefunofit4 Posts: 3,032 Member
    edited June 2010
    wasn't the Curious family supposed to be a curious family? :lol:
    lol

yea he (Steward Curious) is the first one i resurrected and i thought it would be just him, next thing you know its another one....and another...and another. etc etc...so i have 7 green barefoot sims now
  • Options
    happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited June 2010
    ok, there could be two explanations for this... lol
    the first is I noticed that EA did another half *** job creating the story line and the characters families. Most of them don't even have much of a family tree at all. And this green skin could just be something random that EA didn’t even think about.

The other explanation is that in Sims 2, The Curious brothers end up having alien babies and since there are no aliens in Sims 3, the only way you could get an alien baby is by having green skin somewhere in the genetic traits. What better way to make sure that happens then to make all the ancestors green! lol
    Have you tried resurrecting any other Sims from a different family line? or just the Curious family.
  • Options
    CashingTheFameCashingTheFame Posts: 3,737 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Zombies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    or glitched up Sims...

GLITCHIES!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    edited June 2010
    the story lines are flaky at best with Twinbrook, but I believe the problem with the missing shoes is a grave robber, you dont need shoes when the worms got your eyes!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    happyjme wrote:
    ok, there could be two explanations for this... lol
    the first is I noticed that EA did another half *** job creating the story line and the characters families. Most of them don't even have much of a family tree at all. And this green skin could just be something random that EA didn’t even think about.

The other explanation is that in Sims 2, The Curious brothers end up having alien babies and since there are no aliens in Sims 3, the only way you could get an alien baby is by having green skin somewhere in the genetic traits. What better way to make sure that happens then to make all the ancestors green! lol
    Have you tried resurrecting any other Sims from a different family line? or just the Curious family.
    There is only one member from the Curious family and Steward is it (if there are more i havent found them yet) and i did think that maybe they made him green on purpose. But then the 6 other sims have nothing to do with the Curious family..., no relation whatsoever. Some of them do have the same last names as some townies in Twinbrook.

like S. Windle Racket,Penelope Sargeant ,Bob-Andy Baker

and in their bios they all have DescriptionNotSpecified inserted...
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited June 2010
    Maybe their plan was that you'd resurrect them, and then they made them green so that they would actually look like they'd been covered in dirt, underneath the ground. If that's the case, that's really creative, if that's not the case, ..... then i don't know.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Maybe their plan was that you'd resurrect them, and then they made them green so that they would actually look like they'd been covered in dirt, underneath the ground. If that's the case, that's really creative, if that's not the case, ..... then i don't know.
    i was thinking that too (i was thinking a bunch of things really!) i found another gravestone, i am going to resurrect her and see if she ends up green as well....this should be good.
  • Options
    fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    edited June 2010
    green skinned or not, theyre still better looking than the current residents, I got nauseus looking around Twinbrook. and p.s. that freaky red dude has no business working as a stylist!
  • Options
    crazysim113crazysim113 Posts: 234 New Member
    edited June 2010
    woah, how do you get them back to normal? when I ressurect my sims they come back as ghosts?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    well the other playable Ghost is called Macy Clay, her tombstone is in the laundromat lot, when you face it left on its hidden in a corner on the upper left, i resurrected her and she is also green....... i wonder what this is about !
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    fleshjenn wrote:
    green skinned or not, theyre still better looking than the current residents, I got nauseus looking around Twinbrook. and p.s. that freaky red dude has no business working as a stylist!
    i had to think bout what freaky red dude you were talking about but yea you are right i mean....wow....i need the super computer for him, no fashion make over will do. LOL
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    screenshot129.jpg
    This is Macy Clay, her tombstone is in the laundromat lot...
    also green...

And these are the 7 others that i resurrected first
    screenshot126.jpg

screenshot123.jpg
    lol, they lined up
  • Options
    happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited June 2010
    creepy...
    there is also an urn in the Bayless house. On the dresser.
  • Options
    Michele1313MMichele1313M Posts: 93 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Have you tried ressurecting a normal-skinned sim that had died in the game? Maybe this could just be a wierd thing with Twinbrook, though I doubt it haha. Would be interesting if a sim you killed of yourself were to come back green skinned though... My curiousity would certainly be piqued.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    happyjme wrote:
    creepy...
    there is also an urn in the Bayless house. On the dresser.
    ooo im going to see what i can do with that, thanks!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Have you tried ressurecting a normal-skinned sim that had died in the game? Maybe this could just be a wierd thing with Twinbrook, though I doubt it haha. Would be interesting if a sim you killed of yourself were to come back green skinned though... My curiousity would certainly be piqued.
    wow great idea, ill look into it!
  • Options
    CashingTheFameCashingTheFame Posts: 3,737 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Well Twinbrook supposed to be a southern themed bayou, swamp town, and from living in Lousiana, I could say they did a good job making it that way... anyways, maybe it's a joke that the soil is dirty and watered down, causing the bodies to... rot.
    or that they decided to skimp on the preservation of the bodies and just bury them fresh.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Well Twinbrook supposed to be a southern themed bayou, swamp town, and from living in Lousiana, I could say they did a good job making it that way... anyways, maybe it's a joke that the soil is dirty and watered down, causing the bodies to... rot.
    or that they decided to skimp on the preservation of the bodies and just bury them fresh.
    interesting theory.

I've just made Fly Bayless into a playable ghost.......so far he doesn't even have a family when he clearly is the father of Skeet Bayless...i'll post screenshots later. I've also moved in a sim who can die....soon enough. lol
  • Options
    PlatinumLionPlatinumLion Posts: 51 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Apparently, according to http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Twinbrook, all pre-made Sims that were made deceased like Macy Clay and Steward Curious are pale green. The exact quote is:

"Interestingly, all the premade deceased Sims in Twinbrook are pale green if resurrected, suggesting they are some sort of undead or that they have some kind of alien genes, another reference to Strangetown."

But honestly, I have no clue why they are green.
  • Options
    lulzlulz Posts: 1,075 New Member
    edited June 2010
    It looks on purpose, their clothes all have that same green color.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Apparently, according to http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Twinbrook, all pre-made Sims that were made deceased like Macy Clay and Steward Curious are pale green. The exact quote is:

"Interestingly, all the premade deceased Sims in Twinbrook are pale green if resurrected, suggesting they are some sort of undead or that they have some kind of alien genes, another reference to Strangetown."

But honestly, I have no clue why they are green.
    ooo i didnt know that. lol. guess the big mystery is gone now....sort of