Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stylist career: How to satisfy snobs?

I just can't figure out! Every single time I meet a snob, I change almost everything they have but they're never satisfied. I don't know what I did wrong..

Anyone knows how to satisfy snobs?

Oh and also, does anyone know what else we can do with the sketches? Or is it just another way to earn money?

Comments

• Options
    Isabel83Isabel83 Posts: 2,350 Member
    edited June 2010
    I think you need to go over budget. Since they are snobs, they like to spend lots of money.

• Options
    SpeggySpeggy Posts: 406 New Member
    edited June 2010
    But how do you even go over budget when you're styling someone?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    But how do you even go over budget when styling someone?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
  • Options
    edited June 2010
  • Options
    edited June 2010
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    edit:

holy crraappp... I merely refresh the pages like couple of times cos it keeps saying down for maintenance. :x

sorry for... multiple postings :(
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    edit:

ops x2
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Sorry, I thought you said architect career, my bad.

I don't think traits play a part in makeovers. Just make sure you do everything the client asks for and nothing more. My clients were always fairly happy with my makeovers.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Thats nice..

Just 5mins ago I got a sim requesting for new shoes. I didn't touch anything else but just changed her shoes but she's still wasn't happy. I'm not sure if she has the trait of a snob though :(
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Thats nice..

Just 5mins ago I got a sim requesting for new shoes. I didn't touch anything else but just changed her shoes but she's still wasn't happy. I'm not sure if she has the trait of a snob though :(
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Did the sim say which shoes she wanted changed? Like for formal wear or athletic?

Some people have said that they have done everything right and still get bad reviews, I don't know why that is. Maybe try a few friendly interactions before starting the makeover? I always did a friendly greet before starting, but I don't know if that made a difference.

• Options
    edited June 2010
    Double post :?
  • Options
    Simmerd80Simmerd80 Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited June 2010
    The Prima Guide says to interact with your clients to start the makeover on a good note. This may help with pleasing your customers.

Although I rarely followed this and my customers were pretty much happy. Some of them were not so please but I ignored them and it didn't matter because my Sim still got paid hahaha.

But she had a strong portfolio and I had her solicit some business at the Laundromat and other places. A really good way to score some money.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Yea i read the prima guide and made it a habit as well to start a conversation before I give them a makeover.

I really don't know what I did wrong. I'll try again later and will let you guys know. Thanks for the replies guys! :D