Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why can't I upload stuff?

Why won't it allow me to upload movies and Sims to My Page on my Mac?

It will upload my photos but nothing else.

I think the Launcher on the Mac is a complete waste of time to be honest. At the moment it's just better if you were taken directly into the game instead of wasting time with this step.

Comments

• Options
    ScraverXScraverX Posts: 762 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Haven't tried a movie but I can't upload my Sim either.

I thought it might be my end but apparently not?
  • Options
    HollywoodSimsHollywoodSims Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I also can't upload movies.
  • Options
    mutelightmutelight Posts: 468 Member
    edited June 2009
    Why won't it allow me to upload movies and Sims to My Page on my Mac?

It will upload my photos but nothing else.

I think the Launcher on the Mac is a complete waste of time to be honest. At the moment it's just better if you were taken directly into the game instead of wasting time with this step.

I think the movies take 5-10 minutes to show up on the site have you tried again at a later time? (They might be re-encoding them on the server end)

As far as the launcher, the reason they have that is so we can install, download, install etc. before entering the game.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I tried uploading my sim yesterday and got a network error.

It's not showing up on my page yet. The network error came right at the end implying it didn't finish uploading, and yes I did try later. Yesterday was the second try, after re-saving and sharing a second time just to be sure.

Edit: Yep. Still no joy on the sim. Upload Failed, there was a Network Error. Please try again.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    lowededwookielowededwookie Posts: 26 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I don't get an upload error but no matter how often I try it will not ever upload the video or anything but the photos.
  • Options
    mutelightmutelight Posts: 468 Member
    edited June 2009
    ScraverX wrote:

It's not showing up on my page yet. The network error came right at the end implying it didn't finish uploading, and yes I did try later. Yesterday was the second try, after re-saving and sharing a second time just to be sure.

Edit: Yep. Still no joy on the sim. Upload Failed, there was a Network Error. Please try again.

Have you checked to make sure a firewall is not blocking any ports? Also, I had an error once and I reset Safari (cleared all cookies, etc.) and it helped my issue. Might not help but it is worth a try.

*edit* Also if you have multiple browsers make sure you clean up your default browser.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    mutelight wrote:
    ScraverX wrote:

Have you checked to make sure a firewall is not blocking any ports? Also, I had an error once and I reset Safari (cleared all cookies, etc.) and it helped my issue. Might not help but it is worth a try.

*edit* Also if you have multiple browsers make sure you clean up your default browser.

Yes, I tried once with no firewall, modem plugged into the MB it's self but thanks for the suggestion. :D

I will try clearing my cookies and such though. :)

• Options
    natalieshenknatalieshenk Posts: 26 New Member
    edited June 2009
    hmmm works fine for me..