Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim Points Expire?

Do they expire if so when? How do I find out? I got 1,000 points when I bought the game. Thank You
Banner_zpshgf2chau.jpg
Amateur Sim Stories
Read more at Cosmic Sims

Comments

• Options
    EndlessSims3EndlessSims3 Posts: 1,077 Member
    edited June 2009
    humm I need to know this too on if the points ever exspire? Once redeemed! :lol:
  • Options
    kiki264kiki264 Posts: 101 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Only after 24 months they tell you in the agreement
  • Options
    LilZairaGraceLilZairaGrace Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited June 2009
    Thank you so much kiki264!
  • Options
    martymcflymartymcfly Posts: 472 Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah thanks! It's always good to know these things although I don't have many points left. Here's a bene.....ooops we don't do that anymore do we? :mrgreen:

But it is appreciated.
  • Options
    FreyarFreyar Posts: 25 New Member
    edited June 2009
    So.. stuff's expensive in the store, and your points expire. That makes a lot of sense.
  • Options
    SimSevenSimSeven Posts: 738 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Freyar wrote:
    So.. stuff's expensive in the store, and your points expire. That makes a lot of sense.

Why thank you. The stuff you buy is a part of my pay check.
    =P

• Options
    FreyarFreyar Posts: 25 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The price issue is negotiable, but the points expiring? I don't see why that's such a requirement.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    The oints should never expire for one we paid for them and second I can see it on the card itself that could expire but not the points we paid for that would not be good cause if I bought 5,000 worth of points and nothing in the store is appealling to me then are points should not expire and if you bought everything out of the store and there is no more stuff to buy they still should not expire!
    So where do you read about the agreement?
    hummmmmm I want to buy the sims cash cards but if the points expire once they show up on my account here and if they expire in 2 years that is a long time but acctualy it really isnt that far off, time gose faster today then it use too. It just seems I picked up my game this morning but not it was tuesday morning. lol I am talking too much! :lol: :shock: :mrgreen::wink:
  • Options
    SmeeliaSmeelia Posts: 2,334 New Member
    edited June 2009
    If I understood the agreement right, the 24 months rule is only if your account is inactive for that amount of time and your points expire when they set your account to inactive. As long as you log in once in a while you should be okay even several years down the line.
  • Options
    Jw62901Jw62901 Posts: 389 Member
    edited June 2009
    Thats good to know because I have 9,469 SimPoints to use.
  • Options
    zarnagzarnag Posts: 21 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The oints should never expire for one we paid for them and second I can see it on the card itself that could expire but not the points we paid for that would not be good cause if I bought 5,000 worth of points and nothing in the store is appealling to me then are points should not expire and if you bought everything out of the store and there is no more stuff to buy they still should not expire!

If you buy a gift card from any major "real life" store 99% of the time your gift card will only have a 2 year lifespan. It's common practice, I don't know about other countries but in Australia the $$ value left on the card has to be turned over to the Tax Dept who put the money in an unclaimed monies fund and if you want it back after the 2 years you have to lodge a claim through them.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    ah I understand now I just read the condtions etc. lol :mrgreen:

There is no expiration date or fee for EA Cash Cards. Unused balances, however, may become subject to statutory unclaimed property laws. EA will attempt to contact you before escheating any unused balances. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    strikingofalifestrikingofalife Posts: 1
    edited June 2010
    Now of thinking about it, why wouldnt they give you an expiration date with the card that comes with the game. Just wondering cuase right now for me i cant play the game but then i activated my card. That was stupid of me but now i am angry if then it might just expire before i get to buy anything for the game. I also dont think you can deactivate it too so its like a lose - lose for me.
  • Options
    BD5141BD5141 Posts: 3,044 Member
    edited June 2010
    All places when you buy gift cards have an expiration date and if not used within that time limit start deducting and can eventually be left to zero, so why wouldn't Sims point cards be any different than any other cards. I've had this happen at GameStop
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited June 2010
    I wasn't aware of any expiration of either the cash card itself or the simpoints.

I have a cash card in front of me right now, nowhere on it is there an expiration date or anything about an expiration.
  • Options
    NicjamezNicjamez Posts: 425 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I think you guys don't really have anything to sweat. Gift cards are nearly the same way. If it is a big enough issue to you, then buy shares of the company and discuss it at the shareholder meeting.
  • Options
    OliverSuddenOliverSudden Posts: 514 New Member
    edited June 2010
    If they DO expire, it would be great if there was a countdown or something on the "My Account" page.