Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tattooing not a career?!?

Um It might just be me.... but I thought we'd be able to make money from tattooing... I was soooo excited.... I created a brand new sim and a new game and I can't figure out how to make money with it.... I can invite ppl over and offer tats, do the tats and that's it.

Is it just a novelty item? The chair I mean... was anyone else under the impression we could have a job as a tattoo artist?!

Thanks,
Jess

Comments

• Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited June 2010
    If you want a tat, go into a different household. Have a sim visit the site and click the chair. They will ask to get inked for a price. Or go to the salon as well.
  • Options
    quyllurquyllur Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I think you have to register as a tattoo artist by clicking on the newspaper and selecting Jobs & Professions... and then either become self employed or choose from the professions list. If it's the self employed one I think you need to have at least one point in the skill before it will show up.
  • Options
    jessstewart88jessstewart88 Posts: 376 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I dont WANT a tat on my sim... I want to be a tattoo artist... I want it to be my sims job.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    quyllur - thanks I will keep fiddling with it :)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I meant have a sim go to the household where your tattoo artist is, and have that sim click on the chair. Your tattoo artist will do the job.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Yea but the issue is that no money comes of it.... Ive done about 40 tats on 4 different sims and nothing.... no advancing, no skill points.... does someone with the prima guide mind checking it out in there?

• Options
    rosierealearosierealea Posts: 419 Member
    edited June 2010
    The booklet that came with the game says you must go to city hall to obtain a worker's permit. Give that a shot.
  • Options
    KinuBugKinuBug Posts: 138 Member
    edited June 2010
    I'm trying to make my sim a tattoo artist too, I don't have a news paper cause another sime recycled it and when I went to city hall there is no option that says I can get a worker's permit.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'm trying to make my sim a tattoo artist too, I don't have a news paper cause another sime recycled it and when I went to city hall there is no option that says I can get a worker's permit.
  • Options
    plumpie09plumpie09 Posts: 142 Member
    edited June 2010
    I believe you have to make a call and register as self employed then go to the town hall and get the work permit.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Sorry for the double post, I don't know how that happened. In the booklet that comes with the game it says to "register as a self-employed worker by accessing the Jobs and Professions icon on their phone." I don't see that icon when I click on my phone.
  • Options
    RampionRampageRampionRampage Posts: 81 Member
    edited June 2010
    You need to earn skill points first.
    If I had to guess, I'd say you need art skil points, but I have those and don't have tattoo artist as an option.
    Also, in the manual itself, it doesn't list tattoo artist as a possible self-employment option. :-/
    Which sucks, they totally made it sound like it was a playable profession.
  • Options
    NikkiValentinaNikkiValentina Posts: 41
    edited April 2011
    hey, did you ever find out if you can do tattooing for money? cause im having the same issue.. :/ why couldnt they just have made it a career ugh.