Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, My sim just died..

I just barely got the game running, so this is my first game. I get my sim all ready and get her into a house to explore Twinbrook. I let her dabble with the inventors work bench, what does she do?? She gets herself set on fire. Yep. Nothing else is burning, just my sim's bum. And so she calls the firefighters, one gets there just before she dies. :shock: -Sigh- my poor sim.

Comments

• Options
    xbubbaxxbubbax Posts: 885
    edited June 2010
    aww, I'm sorry. I've never had a sim die in a fire before, but i've had fires
  • Options
    TinaMaxisTinaMaxis Posts: 306 Member
    edited June 2010
    I was just so shocked because I had been playing like maybe 20 minutes and then my sim "expires" :?
    But it was really funny, not for my sim, but for me. lol.
    Some firefighters!! ><
  • Options
    000000078000000078 Posts: 4,266
    edited June 2010
    Lol... mine did the same thing just after I started. Just a hint insted of calling the firefighters have them jump in the shower or pool that works a lot faster. :lol:
  • Options
    xbubbaxxbubbax Posts: 885
    edited June 2010
    lol, the firefighters in the base game cracked me up when they came after the fire, but now you would expect that they would actually do their job. I guess not lol
  • Options
    TinaMaxisTinaMaxis Posts: 306 Member
    edited June 2010
    I know but the house I put her in only had a bathtub and I couldn't go into buy mode so she just had to burn.
  • Options
    siminscsiminsc Posts: 854 Member
    edited June 2010
    Would taking a bath have put the fire out?
  • Options
    RampionRampageRampionRampage Posts: 81 Member
    edited June 2010
    Same here. :-p
    No, baths won't save you.
    You're just toast.
    Lesson learned: Install smoke detectors on the cheaptastic bayou lots.
  • Options
    JAYSIMS2004JAYSIMS2004 Posts: 659 New Member
    edited June 2010
    xbubbax wrote:
    lol, the firefighters in the base game cracked me up when they came after the fire, but now you would expect that they would actually do their job. I guess not lol

I had that happen. Instead of my sim(who was a firefighter) putting out the fire and saving the trapped sims, this fool is fishing. :lol::lol:
  • Options
    erialceozerialceoz Posts: 49
    edited December 2010
    Same! My sim was inventing and he caught fire! I went to hop in the shower but great news there was a bit of CHEESE in the way!!
    I tried moving it but u cant when there is a fire and it was the only shower on my lot! But when i tried going to the pool my sim died as it was half way across town! :shock: GREAT! so he died

Now my sim cant take the tombstone to the science lab to let him be revived! Can anybody help me with this at all? Sad thing is i just revived one of my sims who passed (their ghost BTW) and now another dead!

Please help me! :?
  • Options
    princess_sashaprincess_sasha Posts: 155
    edited December 2010
    That always happens to me it make me want that sprinkler thing back from TS2 University
  • Options
    ArakusArakus Posts: 2 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Luckily I had a dive well from world adventures next to the work bench - put sim out easily, was surprised though to see her bottom light up :)
  • Options
    TheRaniTheRani Posts: 14 New Member
    edited December 2010
    If you have World Adventures but you don't have a dive well on your property yet, you can do what I do:

Go on vacation and buy a ton of those shower in a cans, and always keep a few in your inventory when you're inventing. If there's an accident, the burning sim can use a shower can to put themselves out.
  • Options
    CreeCree Posts: 6 New Member
    edited December 2010
    This happened to my friend several times. She said to just make a little pool of water next to the bench so they can jump right in and put themselves out.
  • Options
    ThatAmiThatAmi Posts: 454 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Awww, at least she died doing what she loved... running and screaming...
  • Options
    GardeniaBloomGardeniaBloom Posts: 411 New Member
    edited December 2010
    That has happened to me aswell. That's why I always put the inventor's workbench next to the pool.