Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I get my daughter to move in with me?

I had two daughters and they both moved out and got married. Now I can't find them at all in the edit town mode (because I want to change my active to one of my daughters so I can play her life). Sadly all I can do is call them and invite them over since they don't have a house in the town. How can I get them to move in so I can move them out into a house via edit town mode? Thanks so much!
Banner_zpshgf2chau.jpg
Amateur Sim Stories
Read more at Cosmic Sims

Comments

• Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited May 2010
    Invite them over , then follow them home.
    Sometimes when they move in with someone else the household name will be different. That's probably why you can't find them.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    qtnikkiqtnikki Posts: 156 Member
    edited May 2010
    Thanks. I tried that but all their last names are Simmons because the daughters proposed to the men. And I tried following them home, didn't work. They just disappear into town.
    Banner_zpshgf2chau.jpg
    Amateur Sim Stories
    Read more at Cosmic Sims
  • Options
    iammypersonaiammypersona Posts: 1,968 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I have heard of this somewhere before. The game may consider them townies now. I'm not sure how to find them, though, if you already tried following them home. :(
  • Options
    hippiedippie927hippiedippie927 Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited May 2010
    If you are not opposed to using cheats, open the cheat window (control/shift/C)
    and type in testingcheatsenabled true. Then invite them over, shift/click
    on one of them and choose "add to active household". Then do the same with the other one. :wink:
  • Options
    lyricaltherapylyricaltherapy Posts: 203 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I've had this happen to me a few times..It's annoying.
    You could always use the "add to active family" cheat the next time she gets invited over. open the cheat bar, type in testingcheatsenabled true, hold down shift and click on the daughter sim to select add to active family.
  • Options
    qtnikkiqtnikki Posts: 156 Member
    edited May 2010
    Thanks for the help guys! I just used A LOT of friendly interactions and it worked.
    Banner_zpshgf2chau.jpg
    Amateur Sim Stories
    Read more at Cosmic Sims