Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help! Tried everything--blue lots in Riverview

I updated a lot in Riverview w/ CC. Blue lots appeared in town, so I used Delphy's Dashboard. It fixed some issues. Restarted my Riverview town from a previous Save on my desktop. After playing and restarting this saved game numerous times (placed the new lot from my bin), I realized, yes it is just this lot causing this. :cry:

I can't figure it out now. I've ran Dashboard over and over. I've also cleaned out the caches and ran the clean installer to help with Sim3packs. This lot always produces a town of blue lots. Well-played Sims on the lot, too. :?

I've searched for help on this issue, but I can't seem to find the right forum at MTS, etc., and I've tried everything I have found in FAQ's. :evil:

I wouldn't be so adamant about keeping the lot, but this is the first one I've ever re-done, added landscaping to, etc. Lot of time put into it. :cry:

Please help.

Comments

• Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited May 2010
    Hi,

For your specific issue please refer to the following thread:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/167693.page
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • Options
    RequiemforasimRequiemforasim Posts: 311 Member
    edited May 2010
    Thank you for the link, Nichaedemus. :-)

But, maybe I should be more specific:

My saved game runs absolutely fine without this one lot. CC that has not been corrected the way it's been instructed has not worked. I obviously still have CC in my game that is still corrupt/etc., despite using the recommended steps to correct it.

Therefore, I may need to discard this lot, but that corrupt CC is still in my game somehow. How do I find it?
  • Options
    IamMamainredIamMamainred Posts: 7,042 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Due to the way CC gets installed in these games, when all the knows fixes fail, all you can do is manually Unisntall the games & not add back ANY saved content to cure the problem. The dashboard is a good tool but not a miracle cure, it does not find all bad CC.

You can keep playing this game as it is, until it is unplayable or corrupts the same which will force you to loose it. Or you can do the hard work now & start clean, either way it is sad.
  • Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited May 2010
    As IamMamainred has noted, you can uninstall the games themselves in order to fully purge the incompatible content:

How do I manually uninstall The Sims 3: High End Loft Stuff?
    http://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=46622&p

How do I manually uninstall The Sims 3 World Adventures?
    http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=23839&p

How do I manually uninstall The Sims 3?
    https://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=22226

Please note that you may require Administrative access to perform the manual deletion of game files or registries. If issues persist with manual deletion, it is advised that you boot Windows in Safe Mode before trying again.

In addition, delete all files and folders located in MyDocuments/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, though you may wish to backup your Downloads folder to a safe location first.

After a successful clean game install, it is advised that you do not add back any mods, third party custom content, Exchange items, or saved games.
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • Options
    RequiemforasimRequiemforasim Posts: 311 Member
    edited May 2010
    Ok, thank you both for your suggestions. :)

I won't be using the lot--and, yes it is sad, IamMamainred, cuz I spent a lot of time on it, when I really never add my own touches to lots. But, thankfully, the saved game that I keep using without the lot isn't contaminated; there isn't object CC in this town. :)